PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Pats beat the Titans

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

The lights will be bright for Josh Allen and the Bills on the road for 1st place.

JC vs Diggs will be the matchup I want to see.

Jack Nicholson Reaction GIF

Getting ahead of myself, but who else wants a shot at our retirement team in the SB?

the one major negative was run D. Imagine if Henry was running it. Don't know what happened, but maybe facing backup RB's the last 3 weeks has given some false positives on our run D. But, these ballhawks were able to force enough TO's to not let it destroy us. Also, our run game was really unproductive until the 4th qtr. But Mac made some huge plays when we needed them. Meyers and Bourne are legit starting WR's
Mills also showed up on some huge plays.

Certainly the rushing TD allowed was a big mistake. But overall, I think the coaching staff wanted the Titans to run the ball thinking that over the course of a drive and certainly in the end zone the pass D would deliver. Something akin to the 1990 Giants game plan against the Bills. I wouldn't judge the rush D too harshly.

Hopefully JC (and the rest of the D) will do better than last year when Diggs burned him in both match-ups...
That’s why I want to see it. JC and Diggs were jawing at each other in both matchups. This is clearly a different team and now there’s a crowd.

the one major negative was run D. Imagine if Henry was running it. Don't know what happened, but maybe facing backup RB's the last 3 weeks has given some false positives on our run D. But, these ballhawks were able to force enough TO's to not let it destroy us. Also, our run game was really unproductive until the 4th qtr. But Mac made some huge plays when we needed them. Meyers and Bourne are legit starting WR's
agree with what you mean but a false positive has another really specific meaning that's the opposite of what you mean. But I do know what you mean.

Probably Tannehill in the 2019 Divisionals. Had 72 yards in that game.

Pats know how to play that offense, let them eat up clock with their running game, stop tannenhill and clamp down in the red zone.

Dugger is unsung hero to me again. When he was drafted despite playing for a small school he was an athletic freak. After his rookie year he's been proving he is a real deal and natural DMac replacement.
BTW - I love McCourty but it is time to step out.

I will say the Pats probably weren’t prepared for the Titans to run so much. They probably game planned to take away the pass. I think Vrabel threw a curve ball at the Pats giving them something they weren’t expecting.

I don't know man, i think we're the best team in the league right now.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back