PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Pats beat the Titans

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Play of the game was Mac celebrating a first down after his run....when he was 3 yards short. I'm sure his teammates will give him a hard time about that this week. :rofl:

He said he thought he drew a flag for being hit when he gave up himself. Which he should have. He said he didn’t draw the foul because he slid head first. Which he didn’t. And even if they did, they changed the rules and you cannot hit a QB who gives himself up even if he slides head first.

Dugger is the Chung replacement not the McCourty replacement although he is capable of playing all 3 safety spots well.
You mean Phillips replacement. Chung has been gone going on two years now.

One underrated element of this game was that BOTH TE's were involved and threats from the get go.
It gives us a glimpse of what can happen, even when our run game is not working, that 2 TE's can run and catch, and 3 WR's that are great at mid-level routes, and even Bolden who is giving good production in his role.

He said he thought he drew a flag for being hit when he gave up himself. Which he should have. He said he didn’t draw the foul because he slid head first. Which he didn’t. And even if they did, they changed the rules and you cannot hit a QB who gives himself up even if he slides head first.

Ya it certainly didn't look like a legal hit. Leave it to a former Jets scum...

I'm curious how much help they gave Wynn but Harold Landry has been one of the best pass rushers in the NFL. Did he make a play today?

If Wynn did shut him down he's back to his old self.

You mean Phillips replacement. Chung has been gone going on two years now.
No I mean Chung. The Chung role has been split the last 2 years, because of the versatility of dugger and Phillips but ultimately that will be Duggers best role.

Dugger is unsung hero to me again. When he was drafted despite playing for a small school he was an athletic freak. After his rookie year he's been proving he is a real deal and natural DMac replacement.
BTW - I love McCourty but it is time to step out.
Is Dugger more of a strong safety type though? If so we might need more of a Duron Harmon type centerfielder to pair him with.

I'm curious how much help they gave Wynn but Harold Landry has been one of the best pass rushers in the NFL. Did he make a play today?

If Wynn did shut him down he's back to his old self.
Good point. The fact that I didn't remember Wynn today, shows he's really solidifying himself. There were a few runaway rushers that got to Mac, but a couple of them were missed protection calls by himself. He's been taking some deep lame sacks lately, I'd like to see him juke someone out back there and extend the play for an extra second or two, to at least throw it away.

I wouldn’t call it a great game and I’m not on the Super Bowl bound bandwagon yet but glad they took care of business today against a crippled team.
Continued growth... Still have several weeks of growth left. Titans have tough lines

That was an easy W?

Definitely had some key turnovers which broke our way in the second half that helped flatter the final scoreline but let’s be honest, Ten was/is decimated by injuries and they kicked the crap out of us along the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. Did what we needed to to get the win but there didn’t seem to be anything easy about it.

That was an easy W?

Definitely had some key turnovers which broke our way in the second half that helped flatter the final scoreline but let’s be honest, Ten was/is decimated by injuries and they kicked the crap out of us along the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. Did what we needed to to get the win but there didn’t seem to be anything easy about it.
You think a 3 td win was a toughie?

Is Dugger more of a strong safety type though? If so we might need more of a Duron Harmon type centerfielder to pair him with.
Phillips and Dugger look to be great Strong Safety assurance going forward (pun intended)
But replacing FS once DMac leaves will be interesting. One option could be Bryant, but I wonder if Jon Jones coming back could move to FS due to his speed, ballhawking, knowledge and time in the system.
But, we really need to give JC a good deal to keep him here.

**Last week it was intercepting all 3 QB, today it was making all three running backs fumble....
**Tannehill's stat line was very similar to the first game in 2019 when he was w Miami, 11/20 100 yards 1 int.....

That was an easy W?

36-13

He’s not going to win MVP based on what they use as criteria. Doesn’t have the stats. But he’s playing his part to near perfection, and that’s opening it up for everyone else. He doesn’t have an alpha dog at WR or TE.
Agreed. Also says something about his ability to adapt considering he was used to having multiple alpha dogs at Alabama.

11-6 seems very possible. I didn't think we'd have a chance to get to double digit wins a month ago.
Now it would be a crisis if we don't win 10+
This is so impressive, and such an exclamation on BB's legacy.
That said, we still have work to do, to clean up some execution issues. We gotta get better in the RZ.

That was an easy W?

It was as easy as it can get in this league. Even with the injuries that's still a pretty good team we were facing and we won by 20+ , doesn't get much better than that in the NFL

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back