PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread- Pats beat the Giants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, Harry.

The Great One.

5 players listed. It’s a team sport.

Belichick has been holding class for 20 years. Some of you folks have not been attending.

Man this mini-bye comes at a great time.
At this point releasing Bennett would give is some good cap space...
It would but if his shoulder can heal they might need him for the stretch run.

I don't think that's fair. He doesn't tapdance, but he has a hard time getting something when nothing is available, which is the difference between an average running back and a good one (remember what Dion Lewis could do?). He does well when he gets a clean hole where the run was called, and he's been getting fewer clean holes this year because Mason isn't playing well, Newhouse sucks, and Gronk and Izzo may as well be in different universes im how well they block. But I don't think he's been as effective as Burkhead or even Bolden in many situations this year. I am happy to see them working him into space.

Looking at the Box score it would look like Sony had a good game but we all know the truth. Sony is not making anybody miss and I remember a few times a single Defender bringing him down. :rolleyes: Sony has also been bad in short yardage a fact the homers can't deny. I would have chosen Nick Chubb over Sony I don't know what the Patriots brass saw in Sony over Chubb.:confused: Any of us could have ran through those gaping holes Sony had last year. His performance is no mystery this year he's been average.

Quite honestly, Jones should’ve been called for DPI/holding on that play last night. It was clear as day; glad we played at night :D

Heard on the radio that the Falcons are running into a cap problem. So that's the angle for Hooper.

Stocker doesn't cost as much this year, but costs more next year. Jettisoning him would be a better option.

Atlanta is at 2M. We're at 3.7M Again, it's not a reason to jettison their top receiving threat on offense.

He was on the roster week 1, so his entire salary is now guaranteed. The only savings would be the remaining 10 of his $93,750 per-game roster bonuses.
He could be traded to save the $2.5-$3 million.

Will you still call the claims bogus after the video is released?

The video isn't getting released. Not after the amount of Police misconduct that has occurred in this case.

Looking at the Box score it would look like Sony had a good game but we all know the truth. Sony is not making anybody miss and I remember a few times a single Defender bringing him down. :rolleyes: Sony has also been bad in short yardage a fact the homers can't deny. I would have chosen Nick Chubb over Sony I don't know what the Patriots brass saw in Sony over Chubb.:confused: Any of us could have ran through those gaping holes Sony had last year. His performance is no mystery this year he's been average.
It’s an unpopular opinion but I’ve been disappointed in Michel. There is no question that poor run blocking has hindered his play out there so you’ve gotta cut him a little slack.

Still he looks very average right now, he isn’t running as hard, lots of tip toeing, easily brought down etc.

Gordon's injury not considered serious watch him miss a month.:confused: The good thing is it should facilitate a Trade.

TE: Izzo (7th), Lacosse (5th)
FB: Jakob (International)
WR: Gunner (UDFA), Meyers (UDFA)

Brady is only the GOAT not a magician ...

TE: Wiggins / Rutledge
FB: Edwards
WR: Brown (8th round pick), Patten (SFA), Johnson (SFA)

Not a lot of difference there..

They will make a move for a wideout but a guy like diggs is likely out of the equation. They will get harry back but they need wynn back badly. Newhouse has been terrible.

Newhouse has been up and down. He's not been as bad as Grant "Turnstyle" Williams.. But close..

What game did you watch ? They tried several times to set up screens, there were counter runs, they had draw plays.. most of them got either blown up by the Giants or by our own OL.

Guess what happens when you have not a single practice but only walk throughs before a game on a Thursday ?

The trolls come out every time and call for the head of one of the best OC in the league because we dare to not be a top 5 offense after 6 games. Oh no we are 7th (or 11th without the defensive contributing) in scores.

What a bunch of garbage. The reality is that they did the best they could with the time they had and the players that were healthy. And that is the only thing you can ask for.

The idea that you think coaches in a team run by BB are doing anything but their best with what they have available is farcical. Especially ones that have been here for almost the entire tenure.

I just want to say that last year at this time and even later I was very down on this team for a variety of reasons. This year, I am not. This is a good team that is struggling with a few limitations and injuries. People are going way overboard on the offensive struggles. They will figure it out, they have the players and the coaches, especially with Wynn and either Harry or Devlin coming back (I am pulling for Harry).

The naysayers are pretty faulking annoying right now...and I say that as a naysayer from last year...This team is light years beyond what last years team was.

Michel runs tentatively, waiting for things to happen rather than exploding decisively. Could be subconsciously protecting his knees, could just be a college hangover where he could regularly find daylight on every play. He looks good when he gets a clean hole or the ball in space though; he might turn out to be more James White than Curtis Martin.

Go back and watch the film. When Michel just plowed forward, he got stuffed pretty regularly. When he was patient, he got better yardage. Just like Bolden did.

Yes, the "trolls" come out, last year the entire fanbase and media market came out for Josh after the Titans debacle... but now it's only the "trolls."

The coaching can do no wrong, like that time McD didn't relay to Tom the down and distance against the Dolphins last season so he laid down on the goal line and they lost points right before the half, only to then end the game with the coaches taking Devin McCourty off the field and inserting Gronk on defense so the Dolphins could win the game on a wing and a prayer... the coaches never warrant criticism even when they apologize to the players postgame in the locker room for obvious errors... good to know. Give me a break.

Also the Giants defense ranked 25th in points allowed and 31st is yards allowed entering the game, but they were absolutely fearsome yesterday.

If this place isn't for dissecting Pats games then let me know what I'm allowed to talk about as arbiter and board cop. I'm confused about the unwritten rules...

Maybe if you were here on a more consistent basis instead of just popping out of the woodwork to whine, *****, moan and groan, people wouldn't consider you trolling.

The issue with most of your posts is that you act like everything happens in a vacuum. That one thing doesn't affect another.

There were plenty of people who criticized the Matt Patricia move of putting Gronk on the field against Miami.

The Giants played their "Super Bowl" yesterday. If you can't figure that out then you are beyond hope. And, since you missed it, the Patriots put up 334 yards passing and another 114 yards rushing on that defense while also putting up 35 points (21 from the offense).

There is a reason for the phrase (and Movie) "Any Given Sunday". Clearly, you don't understand it.

Probably would have to give some team a lower round pick to take Bennett if they wanted to move him for cap space because he's 34 and signed to a multiyear deal, and it would probably be contingent upon a trade for a player who would take up that space.

Newhouse has been up and down. He's not been as bad as Grant "Turnstyle" Williams.. But close..

Yeah, but I’ll always remember that guy for his one great play in SB 36 when Light went down and he came in and made an EPIC double block play on a Kevin Faulk run down in the red zone. He had that one shining moment!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
Back