PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread- Pats beat the Giants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, but I’ll always remember that guy for his one great play in SB 36 when Light went down and he came in and made an EPIC double block play on a Kevin Faulk run down in the red zone. He had that one shining moment!

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut in a forest of trees.. :D:D:D

Bolden was good, he looks quicker than Michel. Some added pop. Plus I love the dreads!

I mentioned last night that Johnson missed most of the 2nd half but I didn't know what the injury was. Turns out it was a shoulder injury. Hope it's not serious. Would hate to have to go scrounging around for FB at this time of year if he's got to be IRed..

Maybe if you were here on a more consistent basis instead of just popping out of the woodwork to whine, *****, moan and groan, people wouldn't consider you trolling.

The issue with most of your posts is that you act like everything happens in a vacuum. That one thing doesn't affect another.

There were plenty of people who criticized the Matt Patricia move of putting Gronk on the field against Miami.

The Giants played their "Super Bowl" yesterday. If you can't figure that out then you are beyond hope. And, since you missed it, the Patriots put up 334 yards passing and another 114 yards rushing on that defense while also putting up 35 points (21 from the offense).

There is a reason for the phrase (and Movie) "Any Given Sunday". Clearly, you don't understand it.
There's nothing more annoying then the fanbase who suggests there is room for improvement but then doesn't want you to discuss the issues that need improving... otherwise you're a troll.

In the words of BB; "if you can't admit there is a problem, then you can't possibly improve."

The team is 5-0, hardly time to panic. I don't think it's trollish to admit Newhouse isn't very good or Josh can do a better job, I don't think more appearances by me is going to change either of these things.

On another injury note, I wonder if the Pats put LaCosse on the IR and then give him an injury settlement?

I mentioned last night that Johnson missed most of the 2nd half but I didn't know what the injury was. Turns out it was a shoulder injury. Hope it's not serious. Would hate to have to go scrounging around for FB at this time of year if he's got to be IRed..

Sorry to have to tell you, but it looks like he's going to IR:

On another injury note, I wonder if the Pats put LaCosse on the IR and then give him an injury settlement?
It looks like Izzo is a better receiver than I thought.

If LaCosse is a gonner for a period of time, it makes more sense to cut him, hope he clears waivers and bring in Allen.

Sorry to have to tell you, but it looks like he's going to IR:

S**T.. That sucks.. He was developing slowly but surely..

Wonder what the Pats will do going forward....

It looks like Izzo is a better receiver than I thought.

If LaCosse is a gonner for a period of time, it makes more sense to cut him, hope he clears waivers and bring in Allen.

*nod* looks like Johnson is gone for the duration.. Not a good thing..

The coaching can do no wrong, like that time McD didn't relay to Tom the down and distance against the Dolphins last season so he laid down on the goal line and they lost points right before the half, only to then end the game with the coaches taking Devin McCourty off the field and inserting Gronk on defense so the Dolphins could win the game on a wing and a prayer... the coaches never warrant criticism even when they apologize to the players postgame in the locker room for obvious errors... good to know. Give me a break.

So we are now blaming McDaniels for Brady's brainfart before halftime last year. I thought we had the GOAT as the QB not Jared Goff.

And guess what Gronk was again on the field AFTER what happened in Hail Mary and Onside Kick situations. So I don't think that BB & co. acknowledge this as a mistake.

You are welcome to criticise the gameplan or plays if you actually have a reason beyond "it failed" because being Mr. Hindsight is a waste of time for everyone involved. But noise (i.e. randomness) and failed executions get for whatever reason conflating together with what you consider bad calls.

And to top it off you had to go the route of attacking McDaniels on a personal level for whatever reason. So no you don't get a break. Not for that.

S**T.. That sucks.. He was developing slowly but surely..

Wonder what the Pats will do going forward....

Yes, I'm sorry too.

I have my reservations about the predictable straight-aheadness of the Pats' running game, but he did what he was asked to do very well. (And who is going to tell Ivan Fearsome that his way of coaching the run game needs modernizing? Not me!)

I suppose that there are a lot of 250-lb guys out there who are capable of running low and powerfully for five yards or so until they meet someone coming the other way, but it's not surprising that the injury rate is high. I really hope Mr Johnson gets a chance to develop next year.

The reason laces are ‘out’ has nothing to do with ballistics but simply the fact that the kick can be unstable if the foot comes in contact with the laces. Trying to place the laces on the other side of the football from where the foot will contact the ball is the best strategy to avoid this.

You can see from the slo-mo replay that the laces were far enough left that there was no way Nugents foot contacted them. So this is simply a missed kick on Nugent.

Not exactly a lot out there on the dynamics of laces in field goal kicking, however, I found this in popular mechanics:
upload_2019-10-11_13-3-26.png

This team will go 14-2 or 13-3 and have HFA throughout the playoffs. The two or three losses will be met with voluminous cries of “Bring Back AB” from the comic book FFL crowd.

20 years and still rolling.

20 consecutive Super Bowl victories, then?

And/or Dwayne Allen
We need Allen more than Watson.

Izzo can make catches but blocking is something he is not really consistent at doing well yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST