PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread-Pats beat the Cowboys!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he was really fast, they could have taken a safety
Actually, that's brilliant. Or have him run around, loop back our of the pocket and chuck it deep out of bounds to kill the clock.

Regards,
Chris

or Brady gets the snap and shuffles it to White who laterals it to Edelman who then runs across the field to hand it back to Brady who then takes a knee....seems like a reasonable idea...and don't forget..JIMMY G!!! never forget Jimmy G...no matter what else ever happens anywhere

The game was the most watched regular season game since 2007

Brady could have put more air under the ball

I'm not sure he could. He chucked it up there pretty good. Certainly it would take a terribly unnatural motion to do so.

The Patriots Cowboys game was Fox's highest rated regular season NFL game in over 23 years and the most watched of any network since Patriots-Giants week 17 in 2007!

Patriots-Cowboys gets best TV rating since 1996

(By the way, Pats-Giants week 17 in 2007 is still something that will probably never ever happen again - - 3 separate networks (CBS, NBC and NFLN covered the same game - crazy!).

Last edited:
networks hoped yesterday was SB preview

I do believe a n00b would benefit from watching 01-06 games though.
Or the Bledsoe years, which I think where we're headed post-Brady: Competitive more often than not, a surprise playoff run matched by a 6-10 down season here and there, but always a few pieces away from winning it all. I think Robert or Jonathan are competent enough from letting things turn into an annual **** show, but following up this 20yr run with something similar is an insanely tall order.

Regards,
Chris

or Brady gets the snap and shuffles it to White who laterals it to Edelman who then runs across the field to hand it back to Brady who then takes a knee....seems like a reasonable idea...and don't forget..JIMMY G!!! never forget Jimmy G...no matter what else ever happens anywhere

Also, would AB be in this play?

I don't actually even know what you guys are talking about, it just seems like every hypothetical is better with AB in it.

One of his bizarre claims is that posters were openly wanting Sanu and Dorsett not to play today so that Harry and Meyers could get more playing time.

In fairness, I did say I thought one of the rookies developing was necessary for the offense to take the next step, and that I didn't mind being down Sanu/Dorsett if it accelerated this process.

Not quite openly wanting, but.....

If anyone's trying to claim the receivers played well today, or even acceptably, I think we watched different games.

Did anyone say this exact effort would be enough to win a playoff game? If so, I didn't see it.

What was said - and what is hard to reasonably contest - is that there are encouraging signs of development.

I'm not sure he could. He chucked it up there pretty good. Certainly it would take a terribly unnatural motion to do so.
...and with a cranky elbow there was no need to try and throw it to Delaware

The one angle I saw was from the end zone. The side of Heaths helmet may have made contact with the side of Jacobis but to me it looked more shoulder contact than anything. Me personally I was good with the hit, solid breakup of the pass.

Yeah, the problem isn't that Heath wasn't flagged, it's how often that hit is penalized.

Maybe I don’t understand what you are saying but if he catch the ball that’s a major concern.

One game in the rain doesn't overshadow all the times he's shown incredible hands.

While TE is just a giant wasteland that was not addressed properly I am still waiting for people to explain what they should have done more or differently at WR.

They tried to trade for Sanu before the draft, they picked a WR in the first round, they tried to rework the position with a mix of experienced vets and younger players. What else are they reasonably supposed to do ?
Sign OBJ, Thomas and Hopkins. Nothing less

I missed the game so I just watched it on DVR. What an outstanding defensive performance...again. It's a genuine pleasure watching this D in a way like watching the 2007 offense was. Gilmore and Jones were incredible in man coverage. Jamie Collins was a beast. I need to watch it again to pick up on everything else.

Some tidbits:

- There were a few plays with Bennett in the game, the Pats ran right at him to great success.

- Jason Witten looked like he wanted no part of physical contact. He probably should hang those cleats back up.

Regards,
Chris

In fairness, I did say I thought one of the rookies developing was necessary for the offense to take the next step, and that I didn't mind being down Sanu/Dorsett if it accelerated this process.

Not quite openly wanting, but.....

That's not openly wanting it at all.

Saying there's a silver lining doesn't mean you like the cloud. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots