PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Pats beat the Chargers

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Great team win. Great mental-toughness-building 4th qtr by all phases.

BUT... a few big mistakes.
None more grievous than BB's stupid challenge when the hold wasn't even close to the EZ.
JMD - always overthinking.
throwing on 3rd & 4th at the 1 was insane!
going away from the run and throwing consistently in the 3rd qtr when we had momentum.
calling the Bolden draw the 2nd time on 3rd &1, in the exact situation he had just won with it the series before.
Put your big RB's in and pound it for 1!!
Cannot argue with any of this.

The Pats were lucky 5hey didn’t need to challenge anything in the last 7 ,
minutes because they were out of TO, so they couldn’t challeng.

I wouldn’t blame BB for that challenge, I’m sure that is someone upstairs job. whoever that is should be sacked.
Likely was Patricia

anyone who thought we'd be 4-4 after 8 games please raise their hands...man does this rookie suck. An average Joe Blow. Any other NFL QB would have us at least 6-2 or 7-1. BB should just cut him now....he doesn't want "average" C grade QB's..when the Pats win the QB MUST BE A+ or else...JAG...nothing special...I mean, shyt, all rookie NFL QB's should play lights out on the road flying cross country against a rabid home defense. What the hell is wrong with this team????

What we know is that Gilmore was going to the PUP to start the year. That was a foregone conclusion at the start of camp. People can speculate all they want about whether or not it was a contract dispute, but he wasn't healthy.

Sayonara to him if it was about the money. Payed him handsomely for the first 4 years. All front loaded as the highest paid db in the game. Could give a flying F about him if he was feeling insulted by the last year. Most players don’t see the last year. There should be a rule if they sit out the last year that they have to give back the most expensive year of the contract they agreed upon. They have no problems cashing those checks. Of course he was injured on the ir so its mute. Got 4 really good elite years out of the player. Wish people would stop crying about spilt milk. We’ll be fine.

Rob, not sure how your coming up with Herbert being overrated. He’s pretty darn good for only being in his second year. Peyton Manning had a hard time with Belichick defenses early on in his career before he started catching on. And no I’m not calling Herbert a Manning but he has had some real success in this league early on. Patriots have his number no question and you can’t name another team that does.

Totally agree about being buyers at the deadline. Would not mind seeing them making one last reunion with Amendola or someone comparable as a security blanket type. I’d also look at a speedy lb like Kevin Pierre-Louis from Houston via a 7th round pick.

Not saying he is a bad QB. But some people are talking about the guy as if he is the sure fire best QB in the league of his generation. I’m not sure of that. He struggles against complex defenses. It could be something that could easily be corrected with experience or it could be a fatal flaw in his game. I just think people focus on his awesome games and overlook the games he struggles with.

That's exactly it. I think the hold happened about half a step before Herbert reached the endzone. It was close enough. Not a bad challenge imo

The defender definitely wasn’t in the end zone when he started holding Onwenu but the video cut to the ball and didn’t show him being brought down into the end zone so that might have made it interesting. I guess it depends when the flag was thrown.

Not saying he is a bad QB. But some people are talking about the guy as if he is the sure fire best QB in the league of his generation. I’m not sure of that. He struggles against complex defenses. It could be something that could easily be corrected with experience or it could be a fatal flaw in his game. I just think people focus on his awesome games and overlook the games he struggles with.
yeah...oK...put that template on Peyton's first season and get back to me...it's obvious, you hated the pick and wanted the Pats to pick one of the other QB's. Well, looks like you're stuck watching this "possible" debacle the next four years. I prefer to look on the bright side.

The defender definitely wasn’t in the end zone when he started holding Onwenu but the video cut to the ball and didn’t show him being brought down into the end zone so that might have made it interesting. I guess it depends when the flag was thrown.

And look at Van Noy. Looks like he could have been held there. That definitely would have been a safety if the flag was for that…maybe that is what BB was really challenging?
1635729606380.jpeg

He milked it because he wasn’t getting an extension. He used “recovering from injury” as a loophole to hold out. You have to be pretty naive to think otherwise. Schefter also said when he got traded he believed Gilmore could’ve played had he got paid.
And he went to Carolina with no increase. Reality overcomes your belief.

Stu Feiner is all schtick but he keeps saying that Herbert is going to be the MVP. I think he’s overrated. Herbert too.

yeah...oK...put that template on Peyton's first season and get back to me...it's obvious, you hated the pick and wanted the Pats to pick one of the other QB's. Well, looks like you're stuck watching this "possible" debacle the next four years. I prefer to look on the bright side.

I think he was quoting me on Justin Herbert.

anyone who thought we'd be 4-4 after 8 games please raise their hands...man does this rookie suck. An average Joe Blow. Any other NFL QB would have us at least 6-2 or 7-1. BB should just cut him now....he doesn't want "average" C grade QB's..when the Pats win the QB MUST BE A+ or else...JAG...nothing special...I mean, shyt, all rookie NFL QB's should play lights out on the road flying cross country against a rabid home defense. What the hell is wrong with this team????
Seriously, Dude. I expect this sort of garbage out of DKF and Deus (amongst others). Why can't you acknowledge that an IT player had an AVERAGE game? Hmm? I know it's not beyond your capability. But this super exaggerative garbage is ridiculous. Especially for you.

The Pats were lucky 5hey didn’t need to challenge anything in the last 7 ,
minutes because they were out of TO, so they couldn’t challeng.

I wouldn’t blame BB for that challenge, I’m sure that is someone upstairs job. whoever that is should be sacked.
They had time outs left

Impressive game all around. Game ball goes to Bill though…to continue to commit to shutting down the passing game while getting run on like this is something not many coaches would do. Yes, the 75 yard run inflates the numbers, but they’re still high. Stuck with the plan to disrupt the passing game and by the end, the Chargers had nothing that worked.

1635729965394.png

Seriously, Dude. I expect this sort of garbage out of DKF and Deus (amongst others). Why can't you acknowledge that an IT player had an AVERAGE game? Hmm? I know it's not beyond your capability. But this super exaggerative garbage is ridiculous. Especially for you.
He’s being sarcastic

I am talking about Justin Herbert and not Mac Jones.

Yes, Belichick had his way with Peyton Manning early in his career, but it was a different era. But again, I am talking about Herbert.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back