PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread- Pats beat the Bills

Status
Not open for further replies.
Folks, Ben Watson isn't a magic elixir, hate to break it to you...
I think we have to temper expectations at this point for Mr Watson....he will help I’m sure....not sure how much yet....lack of elite TE is definitely hurting the O...

Bills whiffed on their franchise QB yet again. Allen is absolutely terrible.

He looks like Trent Edwards out there. Totally clueless, a one read QB and then just slings it and hopes for the best. I'm actually thrilled Buffalo has him because if they had any semblance of a QB they'd be an elite team.

Pats played a very good defense in their own house. Our Oline is banged up and TB is apprehensive with that calf injury. He can't be as mobile as he'd like and with that pass rush coming real quick, he didn't want to make a bad situation worse.
Defense brought us this win.
Great job D!
O will be back. Don't you worry.

If you take out the stupid INT I am not sure what exactly Brady could have done a lot better. Were there some inaccurate throws ? Yeah, but there were also a couple of drops.

The reality is that if you can't run the ball and you become one dimensional against a really good defense that doesn't really **** themselves the entire game then things will look ugly.

I don't really get what issue people have with him sitting out practices now and then. Especially when he actually shows up on the injury report.

I don't really have an "issue" with him sitting out practices now and then. I'm simply pointing out that any QB, age 42, the less he practices, the less sharp he's gonna be. Really at any age that applies somewhat, but physical skill sets are more difficult to maintain as you advance in age.

Nothing special as a blocker, but tough cover for a LB.

When healthy he would be what Hollister never could develop into. That is if he doesn't end up on IR soon.

Not the first time Brady has played funky in Buffalo. The line kept allowing pressure. It was a combination of a lot of factors. Many predicted the Pats to score in the mid 20s due to those factors. Won't be as bad next week.

I feel like we finally beat a quality team. Also felt like our offense showed shades of what it will be like some days. Not a powerhouse unit with everything going on so far.

They aren’t OK. Name some worse tandems? They are average and play in a decent system with a great
QB. There aren’t any weapons that D coordinations have to scheme for such as Gronk. IMO the offense needs a lot of work.

Did you see that absurd catch White made on the wheel route, with the defender putting his hand in White's chest as he caught it? Without that they don't score any offensive touchdowns at all. I'm growing more skeptical of Sony Michel as featured running back by the week, but let's leave White out of this. He is absolutely a weapon that teams design defensive gameplans around.

Brady had 2.5 receivers to throw to today ... with a fierce pass rush.
He had less than 3 seconds to throw ... most times it was less than 2 seconds with no legit TE.
Meyers is pretty well useless ... the right move was to keep AB here.

Can people stop bringing up Brown? I'm not jumping on you in particular, but there's like 2o or more post's between the game thread and this one saying " if only we weren't so stupid for cutting AB. The guy is cancer and would ultimately be suspended or on the exempt list anyways. Move on. Half our starting OL is injured , we lost the best blocking tight end in the game, and Devlin (one of the best blocking FBs in the league is on IR. That's why our Offense is having some hiccups. It's not because we don't have AB. On the other hand we have the best defense in the league. I'm actually glad this is one of the best Pat's defences I can recall, because that's what it's going to take to beat the Chiefs this year.

Pressure up the middle is every quarterback's kryptonite. The issue was more Brady missing passes when he wasn't pressured, not him throwing the ball away.
Well not the running QB’s .....but the typical drop back QB....definitely kryptonite

I think we have to temper expectations at this point for Mr Watson....he will help I’m sure....not sure how much yet....lack of elite TE is definitely hurting the O...

Watson's not elite but neither Ryan Izzo nor Matt Lacosse look like an NFL player. Watson at least is a good blocking tight end with reliable hands.

what blueprint? It's been known since 2002...get up the middle pressure on Brady and he folds.

Possibly the most ignorant post all time here.

Game gripes:
  • When the broadcast does not show a replay on a penalty particularly when it erases a 3rd down stop.
  • Why was Van Noy penalized for popping Barkley when he had become a blocker on the double pass?
  • Wanted to see the Pats run it when they got down to 3 yard line right before the pick. Seemed like 4 down territory and completing a pass at that point seemed unlikely.
  • Defense/Special teams played incredible once again. Should have had a couple fumble recoveries to go with the Ints and they were close to even more sacks. Bailey was immense.
  • Being 4-0. It was ugly but I expected it to be. A lot of work to do on offense but last year they had an even worse game early against the Lions and they figured things out.

Brady had very little time to throw today....and no question he was a little off....not sure if his calf/ankle is bothering or not

Dude this is Patfanken's post, not mine...

Well not the running QB’s .....but the typical drop back QB....definitely kryptonite

Allen's a running QB - arguably the best one in the league - and the Patriots pressured him up the middle and that's how they forced him to make terrible throws.

That was my favorite offensive play of the game. Bills lb Milano knee what he had to do—but the pass and catch were a thing of beauty. James White is Kevin Faulk II.

He’s not GOOD anymore!! .... when will they ever learn? The New England offense plays these stinkers and everyone panics.

But, but if we had Antonio Brown. He ain’t coming back. And the offense will produce just fine.

Why was Van Noy penalized for popping Barkley when he had become a blocker on the double pass?

Yeah that is one I'd like explained as well. The QB had become a blocker at that point. How the hell do you get flagged for roughing him in this situation ?

Pats played a very good defense in their own house. Our Oline is banged up and TB is apprehensive with that calf injury. He can't be as mobile as he'd like and with that pass rush coming real quick, he didn't want to make a bad situation worse.
Defense brought us this win.
Great job D!
O will be back. Don't you worry.

OL isn’t likely to get much better. Wynn may or may not return. Andrews isn’t coming back. So the OL isn’t banged up as much as this is what they are this year

can we actually also talk about how terrible the refs were?

They favored the Bills on basically every call.

It did not rise to the level of a penalty, period, because the “helmet-to-helmet contact on a defenseless player” rule does not apply to a ball carrier in the open field.
I thought that last year or the year before they took “defenseless player” out of the rule and made all helmet to helmet hits illegal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back