PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread- Pats beat the Bills

Status
Not open for further replies.
OL isn’t likely to get much better. Wynn may or may not return. Andrews isn’t coming back. So the OL isn’t banged up as much as this is what they are this year

Wynn coming back for the crucial stretch changes everything.

Did you see that absurd catch White made on the wheel route, with the defender putting his hand in White's chest as he caught it? Without that they don't score any offensive touchdowns at all. I'm growing more skeptical of Sony Michel as featured running back by the week, but let's leave White out of this. He is absolutely a weapon that teams design defensive gameplans around.
It’s honestly not Michel that’s the problem as I’m sure you know....it’s the OL....defenders in the backfield as he is getting handoff a fair amount...(and yes predictable McD play calling part of problem too)...and otherwise trying to get through a 1 millimeter opening that OL provides isn’t going to get it done for any RB.....I would expect more OL tryouts and trades upcoming to tighten up and improve our only real weakness other than Maybe Gost

Fouts was terrible. The worst was on the play where Calhoun was first held and then had his facemask grabbed that spun him around so he couldn't even look at the quarterback so he reached out and appeared to barely graze Allen. Fouts was calling for roughing the passer, even as the replay was showing all the crap happening to Calhoun prior. It was so obvious that he wanted the Bills to win.

1. Blueprint is now out to rattle this O.
Yeah thats the ticket. The rest of the league just has to make sure the pats play with a banged up line and injured recievers. Brilliant i say brilliant.:D

It’s honestly not Michel that’s the problem as I’m sure you know....it’s the OL....defenders in the backfield as he is getting handoff a fair amount...(and yes predictable McD play calling part of problem too)...and otherwise trying to get through a 1 millimeter opening that OL provides isn’t going to get it done for any RB.....I would expect more OL tryouts and trades upcoming to tighten up and improve our only real weakness other than Maybe Gost

This. Michel actually broke tackles today. OL run blocking is a joke. Cannon and Mason are not up to the task so far this year.

Not to mention of Newhouse but we can't expect much from him

The NFL is a weird sport where, because there are only a handful of games and each game only has a relative handful of plays, teams are just kind of chaotic messes until late October or November. Every year most teams look like jot garbage through the first six to eight weeks and inevitably one or two of those teams are in the championship games.

Buffalo's D played an outstanding game today. You have acknowledge that, give credit & move on.

The were tight in all phases on D.

They also were at home. 3-0 coming in albeit could have been 1-2 but that place was loud. We gave them a INT, some bad play calling & definitely not Tom's best game overall.

In a thread before the game I said they need a lot to go in their direction to win & you kinda saw that w the collective of our offense + penalties at the wrong time.

Will Buffalo be able to replicate that again? Another team? Not impossible but again today just wasn't our day.

It'll happen again. There will be days this D is off.

That said we're clearly a top 5 team in the entire league w a game changing D. 4-0 in Sept. & rolling along.

Btw I thought Brady showed some decent pocket presence at times today. Not easy against an aggressive, talented F7.

Washington also has a mean F7. Not nearly as good overall but their F7 can ruin your day.

4-0!

Well not the running QB’s .....but the typical drop back QB....definitely kryptonite

Yeah but running QBs suck. Ain't winning consistently in postseason with a running qb.

Everyone was saying when the Pats were loaded with weapons Gronk would want to come back and enjoy the ride with the team. But if anything, I would think seeing his brothers suffering like today would maybe light a fire under him.

On the other hand, he talked about how much pain he was in so scratch that, he’s probably relieved he doesn’t have to join them for this kind of pounding.

So really, I should probably just not bother with this post. But I wrote it, so...

I think we have to temper expectations at this point for Mr Watson....he will help I’m sure....not sure how much yet....lack of elite TE is definitely hurting the O...
I’m not expecting much out of him in the passing game, but I do expect some decent blocking.

Buffalo's D played an outstanding game today. You have acknowledge that, give credit & move on.

The were tight in all phases on D.

They also were at home. 3-0 coming in albeit could have been 1-2 but that place was loud. We gave them a INT, some bad play calling & definitely not Tom's best game overall.

In a thread before the game I said they need a lot to go in their direction to win & you kinda saw that w the collective of our offense + penalties at the wrong time.

Will Buffalo be able to replicate that again? Another team? Not impossible but again today just wasn't our day.

It'll happen again. There will be days this D is off.

That said we're clearly a top 5 team in the entire league w a game changing D. 4-0 in Sept. & rolling along.

Btw I thought Brady showed some decent pocket presence at times today. Not easy against an aggressive, talented F7.

Washington also has a mean F7. Not nearly as good overall but their F7 can ruin your day.

4-0!

Funny, some people here talk like Pats are 0-4.

Wynn coming back for the crucial stretch changes everything.
But can he stay on the field. He's been pretty unlucky so far.

Yeah the real positive is we are 4-0, with a tough win on the road against a division opponent - with the offense playing as bad as humanly possible.

Only up from here, especially with Watson coming back and a combination of Wynn/Harry/Develin coming for reinforcements later.

Never downplay the importance of a road divisional win (even with Brady and co having a terrible day).

Watson's not elite but neither Ryan Izzo nor Matt Lacosse look like an NFL player. Watson at least is a good blocking tight end with reliable hands.
Oh yeah agree with you there ...no matter what he’s a step above our two JAG TE’s....

This. Michel actually broke tackles today. OL run blocking is a joke. Cannon and Mason are not up to the task so far this year.

Not to mention of Newhouse but we can't expect much from him
Great points

How often have the Pat's been 4-0 in September and not made a deep playoff run? I'm pretty sure we've made the SB every time.

The offense will find an identity by the end of October. It always does, we get our #1 pick back after week 8, and this D is playing historically good. I dont think we have anything to worry about. Especially with this weak schedule through the first half of the season. Almost every year one of the division teams always gives us trouble. We just have the D to back up Brady when he has the typical September off game. This team is deep and going far this season.

Did Michael Bennett play much? I didn’t see him or hear his name.

There's no blueprint. McDermott just has a defense that absolutely doesn't tip its hands so Brady can't figure out what's coming before the snap.

That's made possible because of the very simple approach his defense takes. It doesn't have a lot of moving parts, so there's not much to disguise.

It's always been a thorn in Brady's side.

50 bucks when McDermotts all.world defense comes into Foxboro for a second matchup Brady lights them up. They don't have some magical formula that no one else has in terms of fooling Brady.

I'll go with 3 TD and 350 yards when they visit Gillette.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back