PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread- Pats beat the Bills

Status
Not open for further replies.
I argued for AB and defended AB for 11 days. When he posted those stupid texts I was done. Time to suck it up and move on DoOd. My guess is he would have been suspended after the texts regardless and wouldn't be playing for us either way.

Not for the entire season me thinks.

Which means knowing what we know now, the worse was likely a 2-4 game suspension. Cap space lost regardless. Would the media distraction be worth it? Based on how the offense has played the last 3 halves, Id say AB would be worth it.

It is what it is but I believe Kraft’s influence was ultimately NOT what’s best for the team.

I figured this was going to be extremely difficult game with Edelman being hurt. The reality is the Patriots receivers especially with Edelman not 100%, are not very good.

I'm not going to pretend I know every receiver on the roster but I just don't see what the helps going to come from. The defense continues to be stellar and is the only reason they won this game.

at some point the offense is going to have to help the defense. I don't think the defense can do this every single game.

There is a difference between what is best for the team and winning sometimes. We should be careful not to confuse the two. I think AB is a freaking moron who is either to stupid to keep his mouth shut or is suffering from concussion issues and is unable to be quiet. Either way, in New England he couldn’t be quiet for 11 days, do you think somehow it was going to get better?

Not that these will probably hold up but the defense is currently on pace to

Set the record for points allowed with 108 (record is 165 by the '00 ratbirds)
Set the record for INTs in a season by a defense with 40. (record is the '86 49ers with 39)
tie the record for most Sacks in a season by a defense with 72 ('84 Bears hold the record)

More like "I wish Kraft had used better sense". Kraft Bob up to his usual bs.

I wish you weren't drunk posting but clearly we all don't get our wishes..

BTW, if you're not drunk posting, then clearly Kraft has even more sense than you do.,

This game was like a skulled shot that ran up onto the green and into the hole.

Last edited:
I don't believe he is defending AB but rather criticizing the owner for releasing AB over text messages (albeit harassing). Brown already had deplorable history at the point of employing him so why release him? The only benefit I could see is the ability to regain cap space which we now know is unlikely. What benefit did his release provide other than releasing a distraction?

Those messages were more than harassing. Furthermore, by all accounts, Brown had been told PRIOR that he was to have no contact with the person suing him.

You release him because you don't tolerate the BS. Ever. And this is domestic violence we're talking about. Something that the Pats have been hard on since Kraft bought the team.

See the following:
Christian Peters, Kenyatta Jones, Willie Andrews, Tom Malone Danny Baugher.

Peters had a rape allegation and the Patriots relinquished his rights after the news broke. He had just been drafted by the Pats.

Jones threw boiling water on his domestic partner/roommate. They dumped him after his arrest.

Andrews was dumped after his arrest for drug possession, weapon possession and domestic violence.

Tom Malone Danny Baugher was dumped after he and his father got into it outside a bar.

Why is is that people don't understand that this has been a very COMMON thing that the Patriots have not tolerated throughout Kraft's tenure?

Last edited:
I figured this was going to be extremely difficult game with Edelman being hurt. The reality is the Patriots receivers especially with Edelman not 100%, are not very good.

I'm not going to pretend I know every receiver on the roster but I just don't see what the helps going to come from. The defense continues to be stellar and is the only reason they won this game.

at some point the offense is going to have to help the defense. I don't think the defense can do this every single game.
Wynn and Harry will return to save the day.

There is a difference between what is best for the team and winning sometimes. We should be careful not to confuse the two. I think AB is a freaking moron who is either to stupid to keep his mouth shut or is suffering from concussion issues and is unable to be quiet. Either way, in New England he couldn’t be quiet for 11 days, do you think somehow it was going to get better?

Well for starters, his social media posting was less impulsive while as a Pat. His interviews became textbook ‘Patriot Way’. He didnt ***** about not getting number 84. Was a hard worker by all accounts in practice. Didnt complain about being on a snap count in Miami while learning the offense.

Id say those are all desirable characteristics. His issue is how he deals with perceived slights especially socially. Were the texts dumb? I think they absolutely were. Suspension worthy? Id say yes if you consider that as textbook harrassment.

How do we define what is ‘best for the team’ ultimately? If you ask me, Kraft was more concerned with the growing PR storm, moreso than anything legal. But that’s just me. If the Chiefs could extend Hill in spite of the perceived things he’s accused of doing, then why release AB at the moment he did other than what looks to be a failed attempt at saving $9m? Seems to me thats whats best for Kraft’s bank account more than whats actually best for the team.

What do you not understand.

The blame for sending those texts lies with AB.

The blame for completely overreacting and release him and denying us his services lies with Kraft.

What part is hard to understand.

Imagine Kraft releases Jackson tomorrow for the helmet to helmet hit since some sponsor threatened to pull out if he didn't. I can yap all about how while Jackson's hit was helmet-to-helmet and technically a penalty, it should be taken in the broader context of the situation and wasn't a grave mistake. Perhaps he can twist his shoulder a bit more, that's it.

Kraft overreacted to AB's benign and harmless texts under potentially some sponsor pressure. That pisses me off.

I was going to roll this in but then I went back and read the rest of it. Seriously. Please stop posting because you're throwing garbage at the wall to see what sticks.

It wasn't JACKSON who had the Helmet-to-Helmet hit. It was Jonathan Jones. And it was Allen who initiated the contact. Anyone with half a brain knows that. So, you're attempt to align it with what happened with Brown is beyond pathetic and is an insult to every woman who has ever been threatened or physically assaulted by a POS.

You calling AB's texts "benign and harmless" is f'in disgusting and shows the kind of low-life POS that YOU are. Those texts were not "benign and harmless". They threatened the woman's family and kids. They are the kind of thing that scumbag bully husbands and boyfriends do to "keep their women in line". It's a coward's act. And the fact that you downplay it the way you do is despicable.

You deserve to be banned and kicked from this board for supporting that sort of garbage.

I don't care, I can't stand it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111!1!11

McDermott is Harbaugh levels of cry baby.
Wrolstad and his crew should never be near another NFL game.
Fouts is genuinely worse than Phil Simms ever was, somehow.
Fouts just flat out sucks.

What do you not understand.

The blame for sending those texts lies with AB.

The blame for completely overreacting and release him and denying us his services lies with Kraft.

What part is hard to understand.

Imagine Kraft releases Jackson tomorrow for the helmet to helmet hit since some sponsor threatened to pull out if he didn't. I can yap all about how while Jackson's hit was helmet-to-helmet and technically a penalty, it should be taken in the broader context of the situation and wasn't a grave mistake. Perhaps he can twist his shoulder a bit more, that's it.

Kraft overreacted to AB's benign and harmless texts under potentially some sponsor pressure. That pisses me off.
Jackson didn’t have a helmet to helmet hit.

Brown is a turd who walked in the door on a tight leash. Do you forget he assholed his way off 2 teams?
You don’t know why he was cut. The most likely is that he was told after sending those texts that he needs to stop and those kind of distractions and stupidity aren’t acceptable here, and he refused to commit to acting like an adult.

Comparing browns long history of being unable to control himself for the sake of the team to an unnecessary roughness penalty shows you do not have a clue so I will waste no more time or words on someone incapable of thinking like a rational person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back