PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread- Pats beat the Bills

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have one issue with the Pats offense. It is short on designed plays. With our system the play usually depends on what the defense does as that dictates how the offense runs their routes.

But what if the offensive players try to make adjustments after the snap and it still doesn't work? That happened a lot today. The Patriots need more designed plays to get guys open when the defense is suffocating.

I don't think they should change their offensive system cause i like it and it works well against even good defenses if you have good play makers and a QB that can fit it in. When it isn't working though they need to go to designed plays to try to spring people.
I don't understand. You think our offense is not designed to spring people? Let's nor forget the opposing team is doing its damnedest to unspring them.

I figured this was going to be extremely difficult game with Edelman being hurt. The reality is the Patriots receivers especially with Edelman not 100%, are not very good.

I'm not going to pretend I know every receiver on the roster but I just don't see what the helps going to come from. The defense continues to be stellar and is the only reason they won this game.

at some point the offense is going to have to help the defense. I don't think the defense can do this every single game.
You say the Patriots receivers without Edelman aren’t very good? Then you follow that up by saying you’re not going to pretend you know every receiver on the roster! WTF man? Here’s a hint. We don’t have too many of them and most of ‘em play in every game. What are you watching?

^ 3 posts up. That surprises me coming from a dog (avatar) :D

Wait...does the fact that you assume I'm the person in my avatar mean you're Jimmy Page?

If so have I told you about my low monthly fee of $10k a month to agree with everything you say on Patsfans.com?

No. Please, next time don't you try to "mud" & "act" childish with any other member on this forum. I hope this time some "mod" don't delete my post. Thank you. Over & out!

Why do you "quote" things that it makes no "sense" to quote?

A lot of people are not giving the bills D enough credit. This was a division game on the road against an undefeated team. It was never going to be easy.

A lot of people are not giving the bills D enough credit. This was a division game on the road against an undefeated team. It was never going to be easy.

Let me break this argument down for you:

If you give the Bills D any credit, as many people are, you are jerking them off.

If you put any blame on the Patriots O, as many people are, then you are selling Buffalo short.

There is no in-between, there are only the absurd extremes. Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk.

Also our O line is weak due to injuries. We need help here

Wait...does the fact that you assume I'm the person in my avatar mean you're Jimmy Page?

If so have I told you about my low monthly fee of $10k a month to agree with everything you say on Patsfans.com?

Your paws are quick and witty on that keyboard. And you have good musical taste for a 4 legged furry pup. Wait a minute?!? I'm beginning wonder if I'm actually Jimmy Page????? :confused:

Last year we would have lost this game in Buffalo. This D reminds me of 03. Even when we didn’t have the greatest offensive performance back in those days, the defense showed up and I expect the same this year. This was a big game against a team with a very good defense looking to make a statement in front of their home crowd and we survived.
I was at the game and never did I feel the Patriots were undeserving of winning or outplayed.

On to Washington

Also our O line is weak due to injuries. We need help here

It is not the whole o line, just the center and left tackle.

The guy playing left tackle is the worst in football. He is worthless. Odd that the guy we traded for can not beat out this tub of lard. What was bb thinking?

Our center keeps messing up the protection calls and is going to get Brady killed. On the plus side, against Miami he was missing about 50 percent of the calls. Today he missed about 20 percent of the calls, but all his misses just about were on third down,

Yes, the blame should be placed on Kraft for AB's release as it was his decision (according to some). The action that undoubtedly led to AB's release is of his own doing. I am not defending AB's actions but knowing what I know now I do not see what benefit was provided to the Patriots upon AB's release. Kraft is to blame for the decision and AB is to blame for Kraft having to make that decision.
I think there's a difference between being responsible for a decision and being blamed for a decision.

Mama said there'll be days like this
There'll be days like this, my mama said
(Mama said, mama said)
Mama said there'll be days like this
There'll be days like this, my mama said
don't you worry
(Mama said, mama said, hey, hey) don't you worry, now
(Mama said, mama said, hey, hey)
(Mama said, mama said, hey, hey) mama said there'll be days like this
(Mama said, mama said, hey, hey) there'll be days like this, my mama said
(Mama said, mama said, hey, hey) mama said there'll be days like this
(Mama said, mama said, hey, hey) there'll be days like this, my mama said
(Mama said, mama said, hey, hey) don't you worry

Last year we would have lost this game in Buffalo. This D reminds me of 03. Even when we didn’t have the greatest offensive performance back in those days, the defense showed up and I expect the same this year. This was a big game against a team with a very good defense looking to make a statement in front of their home crowd and we survived.
I was at the game and never did I feel the Patriots were undeserving of winning or outplayed.

On to Washington

I sat on my couch really pissed off only half the team showed up. For the first time in a while I said to myself, the defense has this in the bag when the bills get the last chance.

Feels really good. If we're lucky the offense will inspire that confidence by Halloween/early November. This defense though... It's winning this team games, period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes