PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Thread Official Post-Game Thread: Patriots Lose to Commanders 20-17

Immediate Postgame Reactions
After Pats fail to do anything all 2nd half, I see Dobbs lead a huge win with Vikings being there less than 1 week, and rookie Stroud throw for 470 and a comeback win. It hurts to see teams score points and play well on offense.
It's not just our players, it's the whole dang sideline. Kraft should fire someone tomorrow. Or a few people.

Anyone have the link to the postgame press conference? I'm not seeing it on social media.

many poor throws by Mac - JuJu bailed him out on 4th down - returned the favor on the pick -drop by Reagor - basically all bad -

Yeah I think I’m sold on giving Zappe a few reps now. He is also bad but expectations are lower so I won’t cringe with him under center like I do with Mac and who knows they might build his value up to get something for him this offseason…
Or alternatively maybe build him up enough to be an Alex Smith-type game manager who can win a few games if you wanted to sit a rookie for half a season next year.

What does the last play even matter ? This team needed 7pts in 30min and they got 3. Against an awful D missing its two best rushers.

Wait ...what you mean unless I'm missing something. The last play extends the drive...

I mean I didn't have much confidence they would of finish the drive, but the last play extensions the drive and the game?

Yeah I think I’m sold on giving Zappe a few reps now. He is also bad but expectations are lower so I won’t cringe with him under center like I do with Mac and who knows they might build his value up to get something for him this offseason…

Brother, they could put you in at QB and I would welcome the change.

Excuse me? When did I ever say that I wanted Jimmy G over Brady?

Mac is not a terrible QB (not amazing, not HoF level...just not bad). He's been put in a situation we used to make fun of other teams for with their young QB's. That's on Bill for not beefing up the O-line and giving Mac no one to throw to.

IMG_3537.jpeg
Seriously, I hope Kraft contacts you soon.

BB cannot be GM 1 day longer, even if it means letting him go.
Any deviation and i want Jonathan Kraft at the helm.

Making an accurate throw that should have put them in FG range with a chance for more is a choke?

View attachment 54367
Yes, since 2010, kickers are good from 58 yds 45.5% of the time. We were already in field goal range; no need to force a ball into tight coverage and risk a turnover like our idiot QB did.

All the tools no? Weak arm, not toough, happy feet
I'm just talking about physical tools. He has enough to get it done even if it's not spectacular. But obviously there are a lot of mental deficiencies here preventing him from doing so - toughness, issues going through his reads, refusal to step up in pocket, major footwork discipline issues...

While It's revisionist history to say that he sucks, It just might be time for a new coach...
Everyone has a limited shelf life in the NFL.
Exactly. Bill is an all time great coach and the fact the GOAT echos that opinion matters a lot… but his time is up imo. Can’t be here forever. Many of the greats end their coaching run just like this with the game passing them by.

What does Ezekiel Elliott bring to this team? Was it worth letting two young RBs go without trying to develop them?

What does Cam Achord bring to this team? Our special teams have been sloppy for years.

Or alternatively maybe build him up enough to be an Alex Smith-type game manager who can win a few games if you wanted to sit a rookie for half a season next year.
Just bring in Jacoby Brisset if that's what you're looking for.

Exactly. Bill is an all time great coach and the fact the GOAT echos that opinion matters a lot… but his time is up imo. Can’t be here forever. Many of the greats end their coaching run like this with the game passing them by.
Could not agree more. Time wins EVERY TIME.

We have to get in the top 2 for Drake.
But there’s another guy I want to add to our list.
Quinn Ewers.
Even if they end up around 7th or 8th they can still turn things around. Draft Marvin Harrison Jr and then get JJ McCarthy or someone of his tier later.

Hopefully Kraft is in contact with @Rob0729 and @archstanton543 to figure out what our next moves should be since they’ve had such incredible foresight since wanting to move on from Brady for Jimmy G and falling in love with Mac Jones.
Did @Rob0729 really want Garoppolo over Brady?

Not sure why I tagged him. He'll just lie or say it was the right choice in light of all available evidence at the time.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back