PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Miami beats the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

As for Mac, that's why we call them rookies.

I see that the refs bailed out Flores for one of the dumbest gambles in a league full of dumb gamblers. How do you call unnecessary roughness when the defender doesn't make contact?

I still like Stevenson more than I like Harris but they're both good.

I also still think that Bolden is under appreciated by many fans here.

I said at the time that maybe the refs should have penalized Bolden 7.5 yards for attempted unnecessary roughness.

Random fun fact: The Patriots allowed the fewest yards to tight ends this season (440), compared to a league average of 859 and second-best (SF and CHI tie) of 582. That's the fewest yards a team has allowed to tight ends since 2016, even with an extra game.

Great fun fact. Thanks. I assume this is due to Philips and Duggar and will continue for a few years. Let's hope DMac and Jackson are back for one more year so the secondary can continue to grow.

Need to stop the run with the nickel. Need a run stuffer DT.

As for Mac, that's why we call them rookies.

I see that the refs bailed out Flores for one of the dumbest gambles in a league full of dumb gamblers. How do you call unnecessary roughness when the defender doesn't make contact?

I still like Stevenson more than I like Harris but they're both good.

I also still think that Bolden is under appreciated by many fans here.
It's a dumb gamble, but it isn't anywhere near the level of Harbotch go for 2 to lose type of gamble.

FIwO4PjXIAAoh-I
FIwMDdFXsAM-FGw

this was on the 3rd down that sealed the game

FIwO4PjXIAAoh-I
FIwMDdFXsAM-FGw

this was on the 3rd down that sealed the game

It's not incompetence, do not let the refs or league off the hook. They officiated for a specific outcome and got what they wanted. Again- the ref is staring directly at it. He secured a nice payday with this non-call.

Overall, I had them at 9 wins going in to the season and maybe a WC spot, instead we got 10 wins and went into the last game with 97% odds of a WC spot, so a bit better than I had hoped.

The problems I'm seeing is we're used to sweeping our division and now we just split our division, and even that wasn't easy with the weather game at BUF. That's a swing of three games in the playoff standings, something that makes a huge difference.

I'm also seeing way too many penalties and turnovers. Hopefully all that improves as coaches have more time to drill it into players heads and replace those who just can't/don't get it.

I think Mac can/will get better, but also worry that we saw a bad INT and a lot of tipped balls in yesterday's game.

The team really needs a huge mental reset before going to BUF.
There's definitely been a sea-change in the Division since 2001--19 (though I always put @Mia as a "?" all those years), I agree with everything you say.

Playing the Bills (or any good team) for a third time is rough, but the Bills definitely have more pressure on them than the Pats...would have been nice to go into the game with a solid W in MIA).

I have not had the chance to watch the game but saw some highlights. I guess BB said it himself after the game "the whole thing was poorly executed"

What happened to both running games ! Our 3 backs had 134 yards combined , Johnson of Miami had 117 yards on his own !! Not what was expected ?

Some of us had been suggesting that Bill sign Duke Johnson here as soon as SweetFeet was placed on IR…

Playing the Bills (or any good team) for a third time is rough, but the Bills definitely have more pressure on them than the Pats...would have been nice to go into the game with a solid W in MIA).

If they had won, they would’ve been on to Cincinnati.

There's definitely been a sea-change in the Division since 2001--19 (though I always put @Mia as a "?" all those years), I agree with everything you say.

Bill talked about needing to address our slow starts during the week, didn't get it done. Mac had an INT and a fumble. We had a potential INT hit us in the hand, didn't make the play. Refs blew some calls, but they always do. It's on our team to get past that, they didn't.

Am hopeful for a better showing next season since there's a lot to take from this season and build on. The negatives are things we can fix.

Fumbling a freaking exchange from the center wasn’t too hot either. He shows a lot of moxie though, let’s hope he can process all this in the off-season and make the leap next year.
This happened with Andrews out. Karras was filling in. Fumbling the snap is common at all levels back to pee wee league when either QB or center is a sub. No excuse but it could be on Karras as much as Mac. I think they probably win this game without that fumble. They were inside the 20 and had driven the field.

Ugly performance...but now we have nothing to loose
This team excedeed my expectations
At the end it has been allready a good season

Ugly performance...but now we have nothing to loose
This team excedeed my expectations
At the end it has been allready a good season

With all the money they shelled out, and with the change at QB, you expected less than 3 more wins, in a year with an extra game?

With all the money they shelled out, and with the change at QB, you expected less than 3 more wins, in a year with an extra game?
I think he's referring to making the playoffs. I wasn't expecting it.

Would love to see a true NT here, but I'd rather them upgrade the LB's first. A lot of age in that unit, and what youth they have can't get on the field.
the front seven is a worry especially when you consider that they have invested a considerable amount of draft picks and FA in it. Perkins, Uche, Winovich, Bentley KVN, Collins, Judon, Godcheau, Anderson and yet it feels like it needs a complete revamp

the front seven is a worry especially when you consider that they have invested a considerable amount of draft picks and FA in it. Perkins, Uche, Winovich, Bentley KVN, Collins, Judon, Godcheau, Anderson and yet it feels like it needs a complete revamp
Yeah, and the Pats will have to expend more draft capital this off season in replacing the likes of Hightower, KVN and the D-line.

2 or 3 more wins. So I guess "Maybe". You forget to mention the rookie QB, two out of the three WRs are new, and all new TEs. So the offensive skill positions are mostly starting from scratch which is exciting but also sure to lose a few games with poor execution. Shelling out all that money means they spent to the salary cap, like they do every year so it not extra salary, but everyone is a "rookie" in a new system. So spending to the salary cap is not new, what is new is the players.

Next year with a lot more offensive experience I expect to win 1 or 2 more games, 11 or 12 win season in 2022.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back