PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Miami beats the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Yeah, and the Pats will have to expend more draft capital this off season in replacing the likes of Hightower, KVN and the D-line.

KVN will be back. Perkins, McMillan, Jennings, and McGrone are all young and waiting to step in at LB. Hopefully Uche will step up too. We do not need to spend any draft capital at LB.

I agree we need a big fatty to stop the run on the DLine. Hopefully a top and later draft pick, but every team has a draft need every year - nothing new or concerning. What is concerning is how do they find the right guy or guys. The lack of stout run defense has been a concern for years.

the front seven is a worry especially when you consider that they have invested a considerable amount of draft picks and FA in it. Perkins, Uche, Winovich, Bentley KVN, Collins, Judon, Godcheau, Anderson and yet it feels like it needs a complete revamp

In no particular order:

A Beef Curtain

A starting-caliber DE opposite Judon

At least one LB who runs like his hair's on fire

And that's just the front-6/7... The secondary needs At Least one starting-caliber Outside CB and possibly a starting-caliber FS.

Last edited:
In no particular order:

A Beef Curtain

And that's just the front-6/7... The secondary needs At Least one starting-caliber CB and possibly a starting-caliber FS.

Agree. This team needs to fix crappy Godchaux, crappy Bentley, upgrade CB2, and find McCourty's successor.

In no particular order:

A Beef Curtain

And that's just the front-6/7... The secondary needs At Least one starting-caliber CB and possibly a starting-caliber FS.

Wondering if mills slides to safety if dmc moves on… he may be more suited for that like dmc was. That would leave dt/mlb/cb2 as the big needs. Land those and get jonathon jones back would make this defense much better. A de opposite judon would also be great

Wondering if mills slides to safety if dmc moves on… he may be more suited for that like dmc was. That would leave dt/mlb/cb2 as the big needs. Land those and get jonathon jones back would make this defense much better. A de opposite judon would also be great
Mills was brought in to play safety

2 or 3 more wins. So I guess "Maybe".

If you expected a 2-3 game improvement, you got what you expected. And, to get there, you had to get one hell of a favorable set of breaks in the middle of the season. I don't see how that's exceeding expectations. I know that was Italian pat patriot's wording, but you were the one responding.

You forget to mention the rookie QB, two out of the three WRs are new, and all new TEs.

No, I didn't.

all the money they shelled out, and with the change at QB

I just didn't use names.

So the offensive skill positions are mostly starting from scratch which is exciting but also sure to lose a few games with poor execution. Shelling out all that money means they spent to the salary cap, like they do every year so it not extra salary, but everyone is a "rookie" in a new system. So spending to the salary cap is not new, what is new is the players.

Next year with a lot more offensive experience I expect to win 1 or 2 more games, 11 or 12 win season in 2022.

They weren't starting from scratch. They were, mostly, supposed veteran upgrades, not a bunch of rookies being prayed about. Every team has turnover, every year (OK, the Bucs had almost none this season, thus becoming the exception to prove the rule).

If you expected a 2-3 game improvement, you got what you expected. And, to get there, you had to get one hell of a favorable set of breaks in the middle of the season. I don't see how that's exceeding expectations. I know that was Italian pat patriot's wording, but you were the one responding.

No, I didn't.

I just didn't use names.

They weren't starting from scratch. They were, mostly, supposed veteran upgrades, not a bunch of rookies being prayed about. Every team has turnover, every year (OK, the Bucs had almost none this season, thus becoming the exception to prove the rule).
Thanks Deus, that is great.

Some Onwenu love....I know the line improved with Karras at guard, but sure wish we could find a spot for him

Even if everybody’s healthy, Onwenu needs to be on the field every… dam… snap.
I think he's just too good of a player......the question is who do you bench then...Karras or Wynn?

I think he's just too good of a player......the question is who do you bench then...Karras or Wynn?

Make Wynn the swing tackle and move Trent over to LT.

Or move Wynn inside to LG, his more-natural pro position:

Brown - Wynn/Karras - Andrews - Mason - Onwenu

This should've been the starting OL coming out of the bye.

That’s brutal and unacceptable if that holding wasnt called.

You wouldn't be ****ing thinking that if the OLman had been wearing a ****ing Billdos jersey.

• Ha Ha
Reactions: SVN
Hoping it will be frigid and windy. Snow is a real plus.

:ninja:

Remember, it can ALWAYS be worse

Well that kinda sums up their 'participation trophy' attitude. Hey we didn't make the playoffs but let's have a heartwarming singalong! *barf*

Some Onwenu love....I know the line improved with Karras at guard, but sure wish we could find a spot for him

Michael Onwenu is their highest graded OLineman whose career is getting jerked around by this mediocre offensive staff. Only on this team where they keep forcing NKeal Harry over better WRs, would they only play their best OLineman Onwenu 10-15 snaps per game for the last 8 weeks.

Michael Onwenu is their highest graded OLineman whose career is getting jerked around by this mediocre offensive staff. Only on this team where they keep forcing NKeal Harry over better WRs, would they only play their best OLineman Onwenu 10-15 snaps per game for the last 8 weeks.

DKF- I think he is a stud, there were problems with him and Wynn together on the same side though...Do you agree with @captain stone and would have him start at RT and move Brown to LT? For me, I don' t know what the solution is...I definitely agree that we need to have him on the field though...A gun to my head, I would probably sit Karras.....I think he's a good player but not great. Just my 2 cents.

DKF- I think he is a stud, there were problems with him and Wynn together on the same side though...Do you agree with @captain stone and would have him start at RT and move Brown to LT? For me, I don' t know what the solution is...I definitely agree that we need to have him on the field though...A gun to my head, I would probably sit Karras.....I think he's a good player but not great. Just my 2 cents.

Absolutely. Onwenu is a right side guy, play him at RT. He's ELITE 2 years in a row as a right tackle. He's iffy at left guard. This is an offensive staff that plays dumb politics, Wynn making 11M so Onwenu stuck (because won't move Trent to LT), the same way the offensive staff keeps giving 1st round bust NKeal Harry chances over much better WRs.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back