PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Miami beats the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

I can deal with a loss to Miami, but Barmore, one of the bright spots this season, getting seriously injured is too much. If the Pats could have taken care of business maybe that play doesn't happen. Just awful. This defense will be even more exposed next weekend. Ugh

It's frustrating because this team is not plating like a Belichick coached team. So many mental mistakes. I expected them to be a smart and tough team that would lose games because of rookie mistakes and a lack of talent.

I stead, I watch this teamake dumb mistakes.

This is who the Pats are. They are not a SB contender. But I’m still thrilled with the Pats 2021 season. A rebuilding team with a rookie QB and a bunch of new guys, that goes 10-7 and gets to the playoffs. Definitely a successful season.

I fully expect them to be one and done, Cincy & Buffalo are just better than the Pats. BUT if they surprise us with a win, that’s just icing on the cake. I’m excited to see what they do in free agency and the draft to improve this team. I fully expect improvement next year. Would love to see some more explosive weapons for Mac. Also hoping Mac improves, he has shown so much promise as a rookie, but I’m hoping for less INTs next year. Also hoping for a beast in the middle to help against the run.

This game sucked, to be down 17-0 is just a killer, but if the defense just got some stops after that, the game was winnable, got almost all the way back. Going 1-3 in the last 4 games was sobering. All 3 losses to good teams, we just can’t beat good teams, doesn’t bode well for the playoffs.

I had them at 10-7 (fwiw) from the start bc of BB and as a borderline playoff team if they stay reasonably healthy which outside first few weeks they did. Despite ups and downs i felt thats what they always were. Amazing how outside perception was changing though.
I saw Gilmore (staying & playing all in or dragging the issue / leaving) as decisive factor regarding playoff run but a single player outside starting QB is really never that significant.

There are no great teams this yr (for different reasons) so everyone can beat everyone. But the reality is Pats are going into playoffs as underdogs.
Their score vs good/well coached/healthy teams is not too promising but they did play well on the road for most part & BB will give them every chance to win..

Last edited:
I can get over how we played. We essentially committed four turnovers. You aren’t gonna win like that.
But I’m sick about Barmore.

Hightower did not play, nor Duggar.

So, they need both to show up next weekend....

I can get over how we played. We essentially committed four turnovers. You aren’t gonna win like that.
But I’m sick about Barmore.
Need to do some scouting and find a run stuffing D tackle. Working out and ready to make a impact.
Go find the guy.

Pats woulda been better forfeiting. Barmore, Stevenson, Andrews. Who else got hurt. 17 games? Is this the reason?

His crew officiated as badly as the Pats played.

Deus is right. NFL officiating needs to improve.
Kraft needs to complain. At this point we have multiple calls that were called inconsistently. Squeaky wheel gets the grease

Can KVN teach Matt Judon how to set the edge? I’m sick of watching him dive at RBs running outside him. Happened at least twice this game.

Need to do some scouting and find a run stuffing D tackle. Working out and ready to make a impact.
Go find the guy.
Yeah it’ll come internally. I don’t think they’re bringing anyone in for a playoff game.

Hoping Barmore didn’t suffer a long term lingering injury

Guy lining up over the center on a punt play was emblematic. How do you do that? Yeah, bad penalty on the Bolden fake punt penalty, but there were too many brain farts for a team that's (supposedly) this well coached.

Bottomline, this team cant get out of its own way. They have always lost games by playing bad within themselves.Not because other teams were vastly superior.

Wynn and Barmore lost? Funny how a guy fell on Barmore - not sure how that hurts an ankle? With the grass in Miami his cleat did not get stuck.
You never know. Sometimes an innocuous looking collision leads to major injury. Just like non-contact ACL tears.

This is who I want. Imagine him and Barmore in the middle ? Wow.

Thing is if Ahmad Gardner is there at CB they have to take this CB. But yes also like Davis. Said it since preseason this team needs a bonafide NT and Godchaux sucks

I think this 17 game season was a disaster.

Hardly. 2007 Super Bowl ring a bell?
I'll take a loss from better talent, not from shooting themselves in the foot. The most pre-snap mistakes i've ever seen. 4 and 1, snap fumble, picked off, false pass interference, roughing the passer for no reason, no protecting the edge.... UGH. I can go on.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back