PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Miami beats the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

You don’t go from down 17 in the 4th quarter to down 3 by having no fight. They have a lot of issues, but showing fight when they’re down isn’t one of them.
You are missing the point. Patriots should not have been in this position in the first place. Don't you see this? For every play you miss it turns out to hurt you. Pick of the ball, stay in your lane, protect the edge, no stupid penalties to give the ball back to their offense. Yes, great fight, whoohoo. Guess what, no one cares if you loose. Oh yeah, 4th and inches and we get called for a 5 yard penalty as Mac tries to pull them offsides, did Brady ever do that?

I feel like we’ve learned about the D is they are front runners. When ahead, fantastic. When behind and needing a critical stop? Crap

You are missing the point. Patriots should not have been in this position in the first place. Don't you see this? For every play you miss it turns out to hurt you. Pick of the ball, stay in your lane, protect the edge, no stupid penalties to give the ball back to their offense. Yes, great fight, whoohoo. Guess what, no one cares if you loose.
You said no fight. I’m telling you they had fight and this is the proof.

They are football stupid. Undisciplined in all on-field aspects. Can let themselves get bullied around a bit. Seem to read their own press instead of starting tough. All that is true. And deficient on talent at certain spots too. But they don’t give up, they show fight.

I believe that Judon is hurt.

He has been a shell of himself.

Attended my 1st Mac game today
Note: I'm the Eddie Mush of sporting events and charter fishing excursions (losses and empty nets)

Quick thoughts:

Roster half full of JAGs
Harry is glacially slow and nothing more than a decoy
WRs can't get any separation
Both Buffalo and Miami's DBs dominate NE's WRs
Pats/Mac have to rely on timing passes and jump balls to complete anything downfield which sickens me
Athletics QBs can get 1st downs with their legs whenever they choose vs NE, usually a deathblow to NE's comeback
As much as I like Harris, Rham is special
My confidence level that Mac is the guy is about a 4 out of 10. Watching him trotting onto the field, I find myself thinking "Least athletic jog I've ever seen"
Still waiting for Mac to throw a ball away instead of taking the sack
Clearly Meyers is his binky
Smith's roll is unexplainable
So many dropped INTs, I was thinking nefarious thoughts about the team's motives
When will the ST coach be fired? It's a clusterphuck
Common denominator in losses===>Team loses LOS on both sides of ball
Saw this posted earlier in this thread...

So true, Boogiemen 2.0 frauds
Teams run all over this defense and can't get stops with game on line

This roster needs massive upgrades

Last edited:
I believe that Judon is hurt.

He has been a shell of himself.
Maybe. Could just be out of gas. It’s looking notoriously similar to a Chandler Jones season while he was here.

Attended my 1st Mac game today
Note: I'm the Eddie Mush of sporting events and charter fishing excursions (losses and empty nets)

Quick thoughts:

Roster half full of JAGs
Harry is glacially slow and nothing more than a decoy
WRs can't get any separation
Both Buffalo and Miami's DBs dominate NE's WRs
Pats/Mac have to rely on timing passes and jump balls to complete anything downfield which sickens me
Athletics QBs can get 1st downs with their legs whenever they choose vs NE, usually a deathblow to NE's comeback
As much as I like Harris, Rham is special
My confidence level that Mac is the guy is about a 4 out of 10. Watching him trotting onto the field, I find myself thinking "Least athletic jog I've ever seen"
Still waiting for Mac to throw a ball away instead of taking the sack
Clearly Meyers is his binky
Smith's roll is unexplainable
So many dropped INTs, I was thinking nefarious thoughts about the team's motives
Common denominator in losses===>Team loses LOS on both sides of ball
Saw this posted earlier in this thread...

So true, Boogiemen 2.0 frauds
Teams run all over this defense and can't get stops with game on line

This roster needs massive upgrades

Did you notice on any of Mac’s checkdowns anybody else open downfield?

This defense needs so much help this offseason. I truly believe we are not aggressive because BB is scared to death of our backend. He is trying to flood zones and cover everything up.

I know that Barmore, Judon, Dugger, Adrian Philips are 4 key elements of this defense, and I hope that JC Jackson stays (even though he fell asleep today) and makes a 5th. But 4 guys are not a lot.

We badly need a top CB, a whole new linebacking crew, another DE.

Between Perkins and Uche, someone has to step up. Hard to have faith in Winovich at this point.

I'd love a top WR for Mac but the offense is largely set outside of the question about Wynn and his potential last year next year.

Concentrate on that defense, because as well as it has performed, it is severely lacking in talent, and many of our guys are very long in the tooth: McCourty, Mills, Hightower, Van Noy.

Slowquan sucks ***
Arrrggg Slowquan made the hit on our most valuable DL. Slowquan saving his best for last. Even when Slowquan wins we lose.

Bengals and Bills probably licking their chops on chance to play against the Patriots, in 1st round.....

:confused:
I like our chances against the Bills better than the Bengals.

After the team started 2-4, if you told me they’d go 8-3 down the stretch & make the playoffs, I would’ve asked how much you’ve had to drink! If they’re one & done, so what? They already exceeded my expectations, they’re playing with house money at this point. They finished 10-7 & got into the playoffs with a rookie QB (hasn’t happened in the NFL since Dak with the Cowboys in 2016 I believe), and with only three pro bowlers, and one is a special teams guy! We’re too spoiled as Patriots fans. The Michael Jordan Chicago Bulls won their 6th NBA title in 8 years in 1998, then dismantled the dynasty. It took them 6 years to get back to the playoffs. It took the Patriots one year! We’re very very lucky, just enjoy the ride & Mac’s development!

Last edited:
What about the playoffs.

A lot better than prior reports. Barmore May have been emotional about just missing the playoff game
I usually like Reiss because he’s just factual. Don’t really need him talking about how the guy was “emotional” and the injury might “affect his off-season” whatever that means.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back