PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Colts beat the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Horrible saturday, after the blocked punt, i downed some helpers like whisky and went to bed

Didnt count guys. Next sunday we are on again

It feels like the entire team stayed out late partying the night before cos they thought the game would be played on Sunday. Then they got the call from the coaches to show up for the game. At least that's how it felt cos they all looked half asleep in the first half. There really are no excuses for how they played on Saturday. It was just bad.

He was….not good. Did anyone notice the run play to his side when he somehow got turned around the wrong way and essentially ran straight into Bolden as he was trying to find a hole? That is a Keystone Cops move that I would expect to see in NJ, not from a Pats team.
On that play, the DE blew by Wynn, Wynn tried to recover by turning around and engaging the guy, only to be in Bolden's way.. It was a bad play, but he did attempt to recover.

Jones can sneak a look as the play develops. After the play they showed Jones grabbing his helmet because he knew he chocked. Jones had 1 read and missed it - it happens, he is a rookie. It did develop too slowly but Mac could have still hit his 1 read. You may be off base on this one. You might want to watch the play again.
No he didn’t have time. He saw his read and knew he didn’t have time.

The splits for our internal linebackers were really wide. Like they were in the titans game.

the colts got 3 yards a carry on the outside, but killed us on runs between the tackles.

not sure I understand bb’s logic in this.

None of the problems we saw Sat. night are new. They have to fix them this week, possibly shorthanded.

When the team needed a stop, the defense gave up a 67 yard TD run.
The D sold out to try to stop any run play for a loss, with 11 men up, since even a 1st down ends the game. That situation lends itself vulnerable to a long run. Can't really get too upset. It's like complaining about an INT on a Hail Mary. It goes with the choice of play, as a unusually high probability outcome.

I think they weren't bad. They held the colts to 270 yards overall, 2 td's and 2/10 on 3rd down (although obviously 3/3 on 4th down). They also held the colts to a field goal after the interception. I think if they do limit the opposition to similar numbers most of the time they win that game.
Not if they control the line and have an elite rb.

The hilarious thing is that with a devastating running game, in a dome, Carson Wentz was putrid. Mac Jones looked like Brady compared to him.

Yet they still won. Itaintallabttheqb.

also tb12 without his 3 all pro receivers was shut out.

I think the point the poster was making is that Wentz had extremely favorable circumstances last night and couldn't produce.

Indy was playing with a lead the entire game, at home without crowd noise, and with a strong running attack/offensive line; all of those variables should make things much easier for the quarterback, and despite that, Wentz was inaccurate, flustered, and missed some throws. In other words, Wentz didn't look very good at quarterback in spite of all the variables that should have made it easier for him to have success. Mac Jones, on the other hand, looked significantly better than Wentz under considerably more adverse circumstances.

As you pointed out, Indy won the game because the outcome relies on more than only the performance of the quarterback.

I'd feel great about a rematch with them. Eliminate the turnovers, blocked punt, and the offside penalty on the FG attempt, and that's a game the Patriots win.

Last edited:
Lmao people who said earlier in the thread about the team looked like they had a bad week of practice were spot on, the players themselves admitted it, it was not hard to tell from the fans either, it seems. I wonder if the coaches just kinda let it happen to teach all the younger guys a lesson of "told ya so".

I think the point the poster was making is that Wentz had extremely favorable circumstances last night and couldn't produce. He was inaccurate, flustered, under pressure quickly after dropping back, and missed some throws. In other words, he didn't look very good at quarterback. Mac Jones looked significantly better than Wentz under considerably more adverse circumstances.
As you pointed out, Indy won because the outcome relies on more than only the QB.

I'd feel great about a rematch with them. Eliminate the turnovers, blocked punt, and the offside penalty on the FG attempt, and that's a game the Patriots win.
Exactly.

Mac against Indy, Last time he really threw pass in game was 29/11 -Titans
acorbatic Machomes throw chk
comeback chk
scramble ability chk
long ball chk
big balls chk
2 Ints were great catches by D, it happens .
We saw other QB's without wr's how difficult it is .
sorry he wasnt 45-45
throws ball away instead of taking sack chk.

What did he do that was weak?

Y’all love to say qb vs qb… compare how he handled himself vs Mac.

he made some bad throws but he was aggressive

lol. NO.

Held taylor to 3.6 ypc until that last run when they had to sellout to try to force a 3 & out. Defense did what it had to, not their fault ST spotted them 10 points.

They are playing that last drive a lot differently if it was 17-10 Pats.

Going back to last year, this team is now 2-4 in December. Mac said they had a bad week of practice and the energy was low. Very un-Patriot like as we head down the home stretch. We literally gave the top seed away.
They could have given away a lot more if they lose to Buffalo next week. That loss would put them in the wildcard picture and they might need some help just to make the playoffs.

Wentz doesn't suck. He is a decent qb. Not great but he is playing well this year. He played badly in this game but he isn't ****. And the D only gave yp two td's and gave up 270 yds. That wins most games. We lost this game because of the ST touchdown. 2 interceptions and 80+ yards of penalties pretty much all of which were at key times. Fix most of that and i fancy our chances
Wentz makes some very dumb plays.
Watch out if Indy gets an actual QB.

They could have given away a lot more if they lose to Buffalo next week. That loss would put them in the wildcard picture and they might need some help just to make the playoffs.
WGAF what they did last December. The post made no sense.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back