PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Bucs beat the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jakobi (7.07 3-cone) and Welker (7.09 3-cone) are not especially quick. I never understood how Welker looked so quick when his 3-cone is not especially quick like Edelman.

I agree on the wades. I think back shoulder throws too. Maybe they are working the center and shorter areas of the field and then will expand to wider and deeper parts of the field over time? Seems like over management to me but maybe I don't understand what they are doing.
Mac's ball distribution looks pretty similar for all 4 games. Notice how most of his incompletions were in the middle like Bucs expected it.

FA4TtkDUUAAUvTw.jpg

Mac's ball distribution looks pretty similar for all 4 games. Notice how most of his incompletions were in the middle like Bucs expected it.

View attachment 36332
I think if you look at the grouping of completions in that area too it just indicates we threw to that area most of the time so the Bucs would be on it and defintely expecting it

Used to belong to a Celtics site/list serve which was content-wise like this one - it actually died on a somewhat similar line regarding GM execution - one faction was Ainge sucks and is destroying the team (it actually started with Pitino...which I think is ironically "funny cuz its probably true") while another faction was more patient that it would take time for the old regime purge and then rebuild before that analysis could be best accomplished.

Ultimately the "Fellowship of the Miserable" (ultimately Pitino was right about one thing...) drove away all of the content posters (balanced both positive and negative with varied viewpoints) with wave after wave of "the team sucks", "if they only had so and so", "Ainge cant draft", and the site ended up defunct surprisingly right before the Cs won in 08.

Choice is a great thing, sometimes the best of things, but it cuts both ways. When all that's created is an echo chamber of constant negativity, ultimately those choices made by others can make the end result a pretty lonely place.
Yea it's a fine line man. Like you alluded to in your post, places like this will attract all types. All types lol. New fans with Brady PJ's or think Bill

I think one of the best things about sites like this though are the posters with first-hand or learned knowledge of the sport. "Content" posters as you put it. The game can be complex at times and it's nice to have people that can accurately explain some things.

It's pretty disrespectful imo to go into @patfanken thread for example and turn in into a Covid soapbox. Same for other threads. We have a few here that will spam, hijack threads almost daily. It gets old.

There's a definite divide here. Which sux bc I really like this place but it's not worth dealing with all the crap that comes along with it lately. We'll see what happens.

I think one of the best things about sites like this though are the posters with first-hand or learned knowledge of the sport. "Content" posters as you put it. The game can be complex at times and it's nice to have people that can accurately explain some things.

It's pretty disrespectful imo to go into @patfanken thread for example and turn in into a Covid soapbox. Same for other threads. We have a few here that will spam, hijack threads almost daily. It gets old.
Information warfare is a dangerous thing (actually what I am doing for work right now....on the defense vs offense side).

I appreciate the balanced approach you and many others take - here's the good, here's the bad - usually with solid sophistry included. I too am hopeful that the more aggressive and single minded/single issue seek other outlets especially as more and more use the "ignore" function (which that Celtics site didn't have).

Yea it's a fine line man. Like you alluded to in your post, places like this will attract all types. All types lol. New fans with Brady PJ's or think Bill

There's a definite divide here. Which sux bc I really like this place but it's not worth dealing with all the crap that comes along with it lately. We'll see what happens.

I agree. There is a Tom Brady forum, so maybe we can have a "Content" forum with our own mods? Would @Ian allow that?

I agree. There is a Tom Brady forum, so maybe we can have a "Content" forum with our own mods? Would @Ian allow that?
When you say "Content" forum...what exactly do you mean...? I re-read the posts but I don't think I'm clear on what you're asking...?

When you say "Content" forum...what exactly do you mean...? I re-read the posts but I don't think I'm clear on what you're asking...?

I am hoping @BaconGrundleCandy can help with the definition. Your idea of the Pub to remove the political and non-football stuff is great, as well as the Brady forum for people who have to talk about Tom. But threads in the Main forum are still difficult to read, I skim over >50% of the posts as they are not football related but some type of emotional release. I am a big free speech guy and I respect and agree with your moderating in the Main forum, that is why I thought of a separate forum when Bacon made his comment. It might be best to have someone new as a moderator so people do not confuse moderating in the Content forum (stricter) and the Main forum (open). No intention to lock anyone out or segregate (all are welcome), but a forum where there is more football "meat and potatoes", more Xs and Os. I expect that the Main forum and the Pub would have a larger volume of posts, the Content forum would be quality over quantity.

Posts that would not be allowed are critical reviews of past drafts (there is already over 100 such threads we do not need any more), "gotcha posts" where people criticize one another thinking they are winning an argument, BB versus Tom Brady discussions (those can go in the Brady forum), repetitive posts repeating the same message (mostly criticizing coaching), any type of politics including vaccines, etc., which are really political discussions and can stay in the Pub. Not an exclusive forum, but a place to concentrate on football and remove the non-football silliness.

I am hoping @BaconGrundleCandy can help with the definition. Your idea of the Pub to remove the political and non-football stuff is great, as well as the Brady forum for people who have to talk about Tom. But threads in the Main forum are still difficult to read, I skim over >50% of the posts as they are not football related but some type of emotional release. I am a big free speech guy and I respect and agree with your moderating in the Main forum, that is why I thought of a separate forum when Bacon made his comment. It might be best to have someone new as a moderator so people do not confuse moderating in the Content forum (stricter) and the Main forum (open). No intention to lock anyone out or segregate (all are welcome), but a forum where there is more football "meat and potatoes", more Xs and Os. I expect that the Main forum and the Pub would have a larger volume of posts, the Content forum would be quality over quantity.

Posts that would not be allowed are critical reviews of past drafts (there is already over 100 such threads we do not need any more), "gotcha posts" where people criticize one another thinking they are winning an argument, BB versus Tom Brady discussions (those can go in the Brady forum), repetitive posts repeating the same message (mostly criticizing coaching), any type of politics including vaccines, etc., which are really political discussions and can stay in the Pub. Not an exclusive forum, but a place to concentrate on football and remove the non-football silliness.
I think this is a good description of what it would be, honestly. I have to agree regarding the main. It's become filled with the same threads over and over again with very little new thoughts or ideas. Some of that is always to be expected but we have multiple threads concerning the same topic with nothing new added. It's mainly a few posters but the amount of attention seeking threads they make are outrageous. That's definitely not enforced fairly.

I'm just not sure how many posters would be filling this part of the forum. I think it would be popular but not sure we have enough willing to participate here. You don't have to be Bill Walsh either, every one makes mistakes and no one knows everything. I just don't know how many would participate.

It would be great if a few posters stepped up and took a look at a specific part of the team. It would help make it a lot easier, it takes a long time to really understand and see everything from one game. Too much for one person and this way different opinions would be shared. Again just not sure we'd have enough people to make it work.

Honestly the main forum is fine for it but has become a an obstacle course. I know I'm not the only one scrolling past most of the stuff and I don't say that being mean. @Ian does an amazing job here with all the different types, myself included.

Nuts and bolts threads will "always" be relatively limited in popularity. That's become more true here over time, as a lot of the people who want to delve deeply into the specifics of plays and numbers have moved on for one reason or another. And, from what I've seen in my travels across the internet, that's the case when it comes to most sports team fan sites.

I think this is a good description of what it would be, honestly. I have to agree regarding the main. It's become filled with the same threads over and over again with very little new thoughts or ideas. Some of that is always to be expected but we have multiple threads concerning the same topic with nothing new added. It's mainly a few posters but the amount of attention seeking threads they make are outrageous. That's definitely not enforced fairly.

I'm just not sure how many posters would be filling this part of the forum. I think it would be popular but not sure we have enough willing to participate here. You don't have to be Bill Walsh either, every one makes mistakes and no one knows everything. I just don't know how many would participate.

It would be great if a few posters stepped up and took a look at a specific part of the team. It would help make it a lot easier, it takes a long time to really understand and see everything from one game. Too much for one person and this way different opinions would be shared. Again just not sure we'd have enough people to make it work.

Honestly the main forum is fine for it but has become a an obstacle course. I know I'm not the only one scrolling past most of the stuff and I don't say that being mean. @Ian does an amazing job here with all the different types, myself included.

Nuts and bolts threads will "always" be relatively limited in popularity. That's become more true here over time, as a lot of the people who want to delve deeply into the specifics of plays and numbers have moved on for one reason or another. And, from what I've seen in my travels across the internet, that's the case when it comes to most sports team fan sites.

I looked into this and rather than have yet another forum to bury them in, I added a "Content Post" prefix that I'll be adding to those types of threads, which when you click on it shows all the threads within that category. That will allow them to remain in the main forum while also making them easily accessible for those who are looking for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing