PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread- Broncos beat the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
The defense stepped up and impressed me. No they weren't dominant

Honestly, they were almost borderline dominant. I know doing that to the donkeys offense isn't saying much

2 FGs weren't on them at all.

On the tipped pick, defense held the donkeys to a 3 and out right after, problem was donkeys were already in FG range

On the Izzo fumble, Pats held the donkeys to another 3 and out yet, donkeys were already in FG range

and just to show it even more, on Newton's 2nd INT they held donkeys to another 3 and out and forced a punt.

So argument could definitely be made those turnovers happen on the donkeys side of the field they don't get those 2 FGs.

And looking at donkeys on the year,
it was their lowest passing yardage by 20 yards
2nd lowest yardage total of the season
2nd fewest points scored (when you adjust that 6 points allowed were due to offensive turnovers)
and really the difference is Jeff Driskel started the game and not this one

the donkeys don't seem to be an overtly bad team with Lock. Titans needed a last second FG to beat them 16-14 this season. Tannenhill only had 250 yards on 45 attempts.

The Titans didn’t practice for two weeks and had no clue who they were playing for a little bit and still tooled the Bills on short notice. Then again, they’re a much more talented team than the Pats are. Speaking of, I think AJ Brown just caught another TD. Did Harry even touch the football today?
Only enough to drop it

Can someone give me the tldr on that article. I refuse to click on BSPN links.
Down 15 late in the game, you have to attempt a 2 point conversion at some point. The "old school" thinking is to delay that as long as possible, kicking the PAT after the first touchdown to set up a two point conversion attempt for the tie after the second touchdown. The "analytics" thinking is to attempt it early so you know if you need one score or two, which affects both offensive tempo and 4th down decisions.

The interceptions made this look better than anybody could have expected at the time. Down 9, it was an easy decision to take the field goal on 4th and 5 to make it a 6 point game. Then they got the ball right back, with plenty of time to go score the game-winning touchdown. The game was lost on downs, not on time.

I apologize you're correct. Upon further review I think Harry's going to be the next Randy Moss. He just needs a bit more time.

WTF is wrong with you that you have exaggerate to the upteenth extreme? Why can't you just take a step back and look at it from a different point of view? One that sees something you don't? Especially when it's obvious you're missing tons of information that others have brought up that go against your ridiculous stance?

You're debating the majority shareholder of Harry, Sony, & Jordan Richards Inc.
Typical response from someone who can't offer quality posts anymore..

As for Jordan Richards, unlike people like you who just s**T on a player regardless of what they do on the field, I actually follow Belichick's statement of waiting until the 3rd year to truly evaluate a player. And you'd know that I soured on Richards. I'd rather be a part of the group of posters who don't s**t on every player whenever they get a chance and be able to give a somewhat fair evaluation of them than always be a Negative Nancy who doesn't have the first clue what they are talking about. Which is where you've exiled yourself to, obviously.

This is actually a great question and I was wondering the same thing. I don't think any team saw how good Metcalf was going to be but Brown was a consensus first round pick. I would love to know what the Patriots coaching staff saw to choose Harry over Brown? Brown played in a far better conference against better overall athletic talent. A really good question.

Harry was a consensus 1st round pick as well. Did you stop to think it might not be what they SAW but how Brown acted during the interview and possibly film study? This is the issue that the haters seem to overlook. It could very well be that Brown wasn't great in his interview/film study and that Harry was excellent.

Every numbnut hater is ignoring the FACT that Harry was RAW coming out of college. They are all acting like he was a Top 10 pick who should be the next Randy Moss instead of the 32nd pick that he was. It was said that Harry would take longer than usual to reach his potential because of being Raw. But they all ignore that as if it wasn't part of his draft profile. They think that he should be an All-Pro WR getting 22 YPC. Who cares that the guy hasn't actually had a full training camp yet. Who cares that he still hasn't played in 16 games yet.

The fact that these posters are s**tting on him the way they are despite the fact he's barely into his 2nd year shows their ignorance. They are a part of the "Satisfaction now" Entitled crowd.

Our OL did have a rough day, but we have talent on the OL.

White is a excellent receiving RB, but Sony Michel is the worst starting running back in the NFL.

Name a worse starting TE than Izzo ?
Name a worse 3rd receiver than Byrd ?
Name a worse 2nd receiver than

We all love Edelman, he is a tough as nails player, but he is no #1 receiver at this point in his career.

This is on Belichick
Poor drafting in recent years has caused a lack of quality skilled position players.
SMH.
Really? Sony is the worst starting RB in the league?

26 attempts for 173 yards - 6.65 YPC YEP.. That just SUCKS. OH.. Wait.. umm..

This team purposely uses RB by committee to spread things out and try and keep opponents guessing. That's the COACHES game planning.

I'll agree regarding Izzo.

So, just how many "skill" players has BB drafted in "recent" years? Because, in comparison to teams like the Steelers and Chargers, BB drafts about half the number they do, instead focusing on the trenches and DBs.

To expect the unexpected. So that next time they can be ready to play with an NFL level offensive line or have a plan to mitigate the lack of depth.

So, it should be expected that you lose two starting O-line men 48 hours prior to game time.?
So it should be expected that the team only gets 1 LIVE practice leading up to a game?

There are certain things you can expect and then there are things that you can't. Both of these are things you CAN'T expect. Pretending that anyone could is just wishful thinking.

Harry - I've been a Harry defender but when Zubber looks better.. Zubber who has had less time in this offense and barely sees the field ..if he looks better than something is wrong. Im starting to feel like we paid a premium on a excellent blocking WR who can make a catch once in awhile. Not giving up on him but man today was a little tough to swallow. This is the type of game I imagined hed finally break out in. Scrappy, tough game..where we need a big play ..but nope. Dissapeared ( and I dont fault him on that last play.. It was a bad throw due to pressure and he slipped .. Its the type of play that takes some practicing to get down..obv they still arent on the same page).
Saying that Zuber looked better because he was uncovered on a ZONE play is just silly.

Claiming that Harry can only catch a ball once in awhile is also silly. Harry hasn't shown to have the drops like Edelman. Harry was open 3 times yesterday. Cam went to him once on the final play and Cam flat out missed. Yes, Cam was under-pressure, but those are the throws he's made a name for himself on.

Saying that Harry disappeared just doesn't make sense when you look at how the game went down. Harry was very much involved in the running game, which was the game plan until the 4th quarter. That's when they started opening things up with the pass more.

So, it should be expected that you lose two starting O-line men 48 hours prior to game time.?
So it should be expected that the team only gets 1 LIVE practice leading up to a game?

There are certain things you can expect and then there are things that you can't. Both of these are things you CAN'T expect. Pretending that anyone could is just wishful thinking.

If the Pats had won yesterday the usual suspects on here would of been saying "yeah but they beat the Broncos"

You’re right about judging after one game, but if we look at all 5 games avg over a full season:

N’Keal Harry

57 receptions
530 yds
3 TDs

Julian Edelman

64 receptions
960 yds
0 TDs

D. Byrd

54 receptions
694 yds
0 TDs

Whichever way you look at it we need a serious upgrade in offensive talent, and I haven’t even included TE numbers. Edelman has been a great Patriot, but he is on his last legs. Harry is a bust. Byrd can be a number 3 maybe but nothing more.
Those aren’t bad numbers considering who is throwing the ball.

Inexcusable. At this point NKeal Harry is a total lost cause.

Yep. So inexcusable that a player with less than a full season and with no Training camps and who was considered RAW coming out of college might have run the wrong route if you believe Lazar's take on what Cam said.

The only lost cause is you. You'll never understand football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft