PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread- Broncos beat the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cam had a bad day after missing two weeks of practice behind a makeshift offensive line that had never taken the field and with an ineffective running game. I expect a better showing Sunday if they can practice.

Cammy had a bad day because we had a makeshift OL that couldn’t run block well enough to execute the game plan that we can win with. We will win an awful lot of games when we run first, and run effectively enough that we only (mostly) put cammy in a position where he is throwing against a run heavy defense. This create mismatches, open receivers, easy reads and easy throws.
Doing that cammy can be an effective passer. Asking him to throw into a defense that is expecting passes a lot of times gives us the game we just saw. Gives us pressure that he has no concept of how to handle so he either runs or throws at whatever he sees first, often a defender. Gives us a game where we have to drive down the field in passing situations and despite shielding him by running too, we can get the ball in the end zone.
It’s the team we have. It’s no different than most teams; if you force them into what they don’t do well they struggle. If they control the game they do well.

This take doesn't make sense to me.

You realize if it wasn't for his athletic ability and drive extending plays late in the game, they never would've had a chance to win in the first place, right? The plays he made when scrambling and on the trick-play were the only reason they had a chance.

When it came down to it, if Harry runs the correct route, they very well may win that game.

Cam played pretty darn poorly, but no more so than anyone else. The entire team sucked last Sunday, and for good reason considering the lack of practice/prep.

Also - the fact that you bring up the Seattle game ... really? That was one of the best games I've seen quarterbacked in a long, long time. Cam essentially played a perfect game, save for the INT. He went toe-to-toe with Russel. The failure to score on the final play falls entirely on McD, not Cam - that play was DOA.
I won't disagree with a few things you mentioned, he's athletic, and maybe Harry's to blame for some of that play.

With that said, I have no idea why we're using the Seattle game as any sort of quality metric. "Best game you've seen quarterbacked in a long time" against a team that lost two safeties before halftime, that gives up almost 500 YARDS PER GAME. Cam played fine, but this years Seattle defense is going to rival or top the 2011 patriots defense. They're beyond bad.

Cammy had a bad day because we had a makeshift OL that couldn’t run block well enough to execute the game plan that we can win with. We will win an awful lot of games when we run first, and run effectively enough that we only (mostly) put cammy in a position where he is throwing against a run heavy defense. This create mismatches, open receivers, easy reads and easy throws.
Doing that cammy can be an effective passer. Asking him to throw into a defense that is expecting passes a lot of times gives us the game we just saw. Gives us pressure that he has no concept of how to handle so he either runs or throws at whatever he sees first, often a defender. Gives us a game where we have to drive down the field in passing situations and despite shielding him by running too, we can get the ball in the end zone.
It’s the team we have. It’s no different than most teams; if you force them into what they don’t do well they struggle. If they control the game they do well.
Cammy? Please grow up.

Belittling a grown man by calling him "Cammy" is immature. Not sure what you don't understand.
How was I belittling him?
I’d surmise that reading someone post and feeling the need to make the comment you did is the true example of immaturity.

How was I belittling him?
I am not getting into this any further. If for some reason you decide to give weird nicknames for players then whatever but it seems condescending to me.

I am not getting into this any further. If for some reason you decide to give weird nicknames for players then whatever but it seems condescending to me.
You shouldn’t have “gotten into it” at all but perhaps you have learned that now. :thumbsup:

Cam had a bad day after missing two weeks of practice behind a makeshift offensive line that had never taken the field and with an ineffective running game. I expect a better showing Sunday if they can practice.

Can he also correct his absolute shyte mechanics by Sunday? Because one of the most disappointing aspects of this loss was how poorly he looked throwing the football; it was as if he had completely forgotten everything he's learned since his arrival here...

If you are going to fail on the 2 point conversation you are “taking points off the board” either way.
By taking them off the board with 8 1/2 minutes left you have 8 1/2 minutes left to play for 2 scores you really need instead of taking them off at the end of the game and then realizing you needed 2 scores and played as if you needed 1.
Your argument that you can fail late and do an onside kick makes no sense. You would not be in any better situation.

You have yet to show me a scenario where delaying the inevitable helps.

All it does is let the fans pretend that the game is winnable for longer.

Its obviously better to go for 2 the first time. If you make it the game is then really a one score game. If you don't make then you know its a 2 score game and can plan accordingly.

So basically Cam Newton is not a good QB.

So basically Cam Newton is not a good QB.
Not really he just needs to be used the best way. He’s a weapon running the ball, and a running an opens things up because you have to defend differently. Used correctly you will see 200 yard rushing games like we have had and success in the passing game by his skill set creating easy reads and easy throws against a defense forced to commit 2 more defenders to the run than against a mediocre run offense.
I’ll take Newton passing off play action against an 8 man box over any qb passing against a dime with no care of the run.
But I’d pretty much take any other qb throwing against a dime with no care of the run.
It doesn’t mean he sucks it means he is unique and if you set up his game you can thrive.

This was a weird and disappointing article from Reiss. Maybe the first one I've read from him that makes no sense. In no part of the article does he even explain why analytics supports this. Fact is if you take the extra point you can still play for a tying score in the last quarter whereas failing the 2-pt so early boxes you into a two score game.

That is brutal to watch. What an awful game from Cam on pretty much every drop back it seems.

And yet Cam still hit on 68% of this throws. Let's stop the spin that it's Cam. Brady looked terrible with these same receivers last December.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back