PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread- Broncos beat the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOLOL!!!!!

"Brady didn’t lead us to jack squat last year." - sb1 (direct quote, his words)
"Actually he led us to the playoffs with a 12-4 record and division championship." - me
"You know wins are a team stat not a QB stat right?" - sb1 (direct quote, his words)

Pathetic.
Again nothimg I said there is untrue. Not my fault you’re arguing with facts.

If you want to think the 12-4 is all Brady then have at it. You’d be laughably wrong but you’re entitled to your opinion.

Again nothimg I said there is untrue. Not my fault you’re arguing with facts.
In your typical cowardly fashion, you use mindless euphemisms to hide behind your own statements.

If 12-4 is "jack squat" then what's 2-3?

As many of us have pointed out for the last few years we have nothing at WR and TE. When we fall behind and are forced to pass we are in huge trouble. The reason Cam took so many sacks is because our guys can’t get open. Same reason why Brady threw so many in the dirt last year instead of taking the sacks.
I think some of Bill’s (and McD weaknesses ) are going to get exposed now that Brady is gone....not to mean that if Brady was here this year we would be doing better on O because we wouldn’t ....but Tom up until 2018 made everyone including coaches look better....Brady WAS and is THE GOAT!!!!

This team showed heart, but it wasn't enough in the end. Our offense just wasn't very good today....maybe it was a lack of practice injuries to the line or rust, but it wasn't good enough.

Hoping for an improvement next week!!!!

Let's discuss!!!!!

how about zero weapons at te or wr! Ugh

This is the nfl. You can not have a team decimated by the virus and does not practice for two weeks just step on the field and beat teams,

the offensive line was terrible and the virus and lack of practice time was mostly to blame!

Rookie WR Justin Jefferson just caught 9 catches today for 166 yards and 2 touchdowns. This was after barely any covid training camp. Meanwhile NKeal I believe had 1 target he let get intercepted today for 0 total catches today. Can NKeal even get open?

How did he “let it get intercepted”?
How about we just let the guy develop? He missed almost all of last year. He’s had some good games this year.
Not sure why people feel it necessary to trash players and root for them to fail.

How many catches a guy had after his team was blown out of the game doesn’t mean much to me.

We can blame coach/gm bill for the lack of offensive playmakers. No wr, no te...the cupboard is completely bare. And Newton is proving those right who said he was woefully innacurate. Bill the GM is perfectly content to draft skill position offensive players only to get zero contribution the first yr....see the right ends this year and Harry and Harris last yr...it really boggles the mind

Again..they were affected by covid, not able to practice and do have some injuries...

Yes Newton wasn't good, but mind you he was not able to practice..oline is dealing w injuries...like pats fans need to chill out...
Titans were also pretty heavily affected by Covid and didn’t practice much either.....but not stopping them. The best excuse....is still just an excuse.

In your typical cowardly fashion, you use mindless euphemisms to hide behind your own statements.

If 12-4 is "jack squat" then what's 2-3?
I’m focusing on the words “led us”. No he didn’t “lead us” to any such thing.

In fact I bet we still win double digits games with Hoyer at QB. But like I said if you want to think it was all Brady be my guest. Wrong but ok.

Jefferson drafted ONE spot ahead of patriots draft position. How about move up and draft him?

Cowart isn't irrelevant. If he'd been out there, the Run Defense doesn't take as much of a hit when Butler goes down.
Of course; I’m a big fan of Cowart, however, the context of the post was regarding DEN’s DL vs our OL; so yeah, in this case Cowart IS irrelevant..

Time to start trading pieces for picks to speed up the rebuild, this team isn't good enough to win a championship so no way do i trade for Ertz or someone like that.

I would rather be trading Gilmore, Thuney, see if you can get anything for Edelman ect.
They need to trade Thuney. He’s gonna go next year with nothing in return. Unfortunately, despite knowing this team is going nowhere, Belichick’s ego won’t let him admit it. So we will lose Thuney next offseason for nothing. Thankfully the Pats will have a ton of cap space next offseason.

Gilmore, I don’t know, that would be a tough one. I think they can be competitive with Jones and Jackson, but your depth takes a BIG hit if they have to start. With Belichick’s trade failures of assets, I’d worry about what we’d get for Thuney & Gilmore. Deserve 1st round picks for each player, but knowing Belichick, we’d be lucky to get 3rd round picks for each.

Edelman, it’s sad to see, he’s one of my heroes. But he’s done. Age and injuries have caught up to him. Trade him to TB for a 3rd and let him enjoy the end of his career. He’s not doing anything with the Pats, 2 catches for 8 yards today. Very sad to see, literally brings tears to my eyes.

No mention of his picks or the 3 points he managed in the 1st 51 minutes.

No?

Sadly for Cam, the Seattle pass D is only on the schedule once this year.

You didn't mention them. Why would I? Seems to me that you're the one cherry picking stats and don't like it when those same stats are thrown back at you. The OFFENSE is who managed just 3 points in 51 minutes.

Unlike YOU, I know it's not ALL on Cam. He had his moments of rust. The entire team did. And, unlike you, I can admit to it. That's what makes us different. I can look at the entire thing and see where it's not just ONE or TWO players. I can look at the entire situation and control my reactions accordingly. You seem to think it's all on ONE player and have deemed it necessary to s**T on that player to make yourself look/feel good. I don't.

IF people stopped and actually thought about the adversity the Pats just went through, losing both Ferentz and Mason 48 hours prior to the snap and NOT being able to practice with the makeshift O-line that started the game, they'd realize just what a herculean effort it was. Wynn had arguably his worst game as a pro, but he was playing hurt (which is why they'd kicked him inside to start the game). The O-line having ZERO practice reps together is astounding. Yes, they gave up pressures and the 4 sacks (2 of which were coverage sacks). If it had been Brady back there, it would have been worse. And 2 of the sacks were totally on Cam not throwing the ball away.

You can be down on the team and the loss without being a complete mindless boob and blaming it solely on one player. The choice you make reflects on your football knowledge or lack there of.

I find it absolutely hilarious that there are, I'm assuming, grown men in here attacking folks for criticizing a football team. Seriously, unless someone is threatening you or your family why are people in here so sensitive that you need to name call, report, and get people banned...grow up people

I wonder what BB tries to tell us. But according to some big brains around here practice doesnt matter and they should be able to overcome anything and be prepared via Zoom.

Guess BB is just exposed needing his team to actually be physically present and practice before games.

Denver had more energy than the Pats today their D vs our O. Lot of factors could be in play here but...I will make one negative comment about what I consider the most glaring deficiency in the Pats offense. Tight end.Jeezus krist...Izzo has heart but Izzo has no talent. This is a black hole on this team right now.

They need to trade Thuney. He’s gonna go next year with nothing in return. Unfortunately, despite knowing this team is going nowhere, Belichick’s ego won’t let him admit it. So we will lose Thuney next offseason for nothing. Thankfully the Pats will have a ton of cap space next offseason.

Gilmore, I don’t know, that would be a tough one. I think they can be competitive with Jones and Jackson, but your depth takes a BIG hit if they have to start. With Belichick’s trade failures of assets, I’d worry about what we’d get for Thuney & Gilmore. Deserve 1st round picks for each player, but knowing Belichick, we’d be lucky to get 3rd round picks for each.

Edelman, it’s sad to see, he’s one of my heroes. But he’s done. Age and injuries have caught up to him. Trade him to TB for a 3rd and let him enjoy the end of his career. He’s not doing anything with the Pats, 2 catches for 8 yards today. Very sad to see, literally brings tears to my eyes.
If Edelman is done how on earth would he fetch a 3rd in return from any team?

LOLOL!!!!!

"Brady didn’t lead us to jack squat last year." - sb1 (direct quote, his words)
"Actually he led us to the playoffs with a 12-4 record and division championship." - me
"You know wins are a team stat not a QB stat right?" - sb1 (direct quote, his words)

Pathetic.
The answer is in the middle. Brady was very bad the second half of last year. t least 11 of the 12 wins we had are wins with just average Qb play. That doesn’t mean brady had nothing to with the wins, just that if you replaced him with an average QB we still won those games.
I love Brady as much as anyone but it’s not reasonable to pretend brady in 2019, or specifically the second half of 2019 was the same player.

After today’s game my thought was I’m not used to losing when we have the ball with a chance to win late and it’s happened twice this year, but that’s remembering what brady was, not the Brady we saw last year because it happened then too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft