PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread- Broncos beat the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so the line didn't suck then? Hot take bud.

I am fully aware of the injuries/COVID list/reshuffling that went on with the line today. We all are. They still sucked today and were one of, if not the main reason, for the loss.

Did I say they'll continue to suck throughout the season? Did I say they had no excuses? No. I said the line sucked and that should be the takeaway. Maybe ease up on trying to extrapolate one sentence.

Also Harry blows. AJ Brown had close to no practices in 2 weeks and balled out against Buffalo and Houston.

Your excuses for crap posts are astounding. I'm not extrapolating from ONE sentence. I'm going by your posts (PLURAL).

You're incorrect about Brown. He's practiced.

Another guy who comes out of the woodwork to b***h about the team but is silent otherwise.

I blame a lot of this on Belichick's over-reliance to listening to crappy player evaluation advice from McDaniels. Wasted 1st rd bust picks on Harry or Michel, or TEs, or a 2nd for Sanu.

Too bad McDaniels had nothing to do with Harry, Michel, Sanu or the TEs. Someday you'll be that blind squirrel who finds the nut.

Jefferson drafted ONE spot ahead of patriots draft position. How about move up and draft him?
I agree, but guess what, they really needed more than Jefferson. The year they drafted Harry, (who, there’s no way around it, is a bust), why not draft SEVERAL receivers. Bill, you know it’s not against the rules to draft 2 or 3 receivers in the same draft. It’s not against the rules to draft explosive receivers or TEs (as opposed to slow TEs). So frustrating. Saw this coming for years, and it didn’t need to be.

They need to trade Thuney. He’s gonna go next year with nothing in return. Unfortunately, despite knowing this team is going nowhere, Belichick’s ego won’t let him admit it. So we will lose Thuney next offseason for nothing. Thankfully the Pats will have a ton of cap space next offseason.

Gilmore, I don’t know, that would be a tough one. I think they can be competitive with Jones and Jackson, but your depth takes a BIG hit if they have to start. With Belichick’s trade failures of assets, I’d worry about what we’d get for Thuney & Gilmore. Deserve 1st round picks for each player, but knowing Belichick, we’d be lucky to get 3rd round picks for each.

Edelman, it’s sad to see, he’s one of my heroes. But he’s done. Age and injuries have caught up to him. Trade him to TB for a 3rd and let him enjoy the end of his career. He’s not doing anything with the Pats, 2 catches for 8 yards today. Very sad to see, literally brings tears to my eyes.
You should put your mind on something other than football for about 72 hours. Losing a game is not affecting you well.

Shhh don’t say that too loudly around here. He was getting open all day and newton didn’t see him.
Your the gift that keeps on giving NYCPimp136

Looks like you had a bad edit of your post Pimp

I agree, but guess what, they really needed more than Jefferson. The year they drafted Harry, (who, there’s no way around it, is a bust), why not draft SEVERAL receivers. Bill, you know it’s not against the rules to draft 2 or 3 receivers in the same draft. It’s not against the rules to draft explosive receivers or TEs (as opposed to slow TEs). So frustrating. Saw this coming for years, and it didn’t need to be.

Belichick needs to hire better wr scouts. I wonder what he saw in harry that was better than AJ Brown looking at the game tape.

What’s funny is that most of the Buccaneer fans here are using the lack of training camp and injuries as an excuse for Brady, but when Cam misses practice for 2 straight weeks because of Covid and had injuries to the o-line, he sucks...

I find it hilarious that certain people like this post yet they're the ones complaining about Cam and the WRs..

it might be time to panic.

This offense doesn't have any weapons at all.

Not trying to troll, but Cam must be “extremely high” haha..(obviously, he has to say this to the media)

What’s funny is that most of the Buccaneer fans here are using the lack of training camp and injuries as an excuse for Brady, but when Cam misses practice for 2 straight weeks because of Covid and had injuries to the o-line, he sucks...

I'd guess most of them were also first to point to the OL last year as a reason Brady wasn't doing so hot.

We lost on both sides in the trenches today and thats were the game was essentially decided. The turnovers were just the moldy cherry on the **** sandwich.

Of course; I’m a big fan of Cowart, however, the context of the post was regarding DEN’s DL vs our OL; so yeah, in this case Cowart IS irrelevant..

How could it have been in the Context regarding Den's DL vs our OL when you mentioned Bouye? Bouye is a CB and has zero relevancy to Den's DL or the Pats OL.

It sure looks like you are just talking about player's that Denver was missing and not specifically their D-line.

Season on the line next week
Dude, season is over now. The Denver game was a must win. Losing against an inferior team missing their top 2 offensive weapons is inexcusable, and it also told us what kinda team the Pats are. Unfortunately they are who we thought they were. Look at the Pat’s schedule. They might be able to beat SF and the Jets twice, so best case scenario is 5-11. Plus even when they are good, they struggle with the Jets in NY.

I’m not upset about it, I’ve seen it coming for years. Drafting and use of your draft picks is the difference between winning and losing. Saw a no named rookie WR, can’t remember who it was, and when he caught the ball, they said, that was his 10th catch of the year. And I was thinking to myself, ****, this is a 4th or 5th round WR with 10 catches. I’d be THRILLED if any of our rookies had 10 catches. How low the bar has been set.

It really looked like he was OOB but it was completely ignored by CBS

I'd like to hear other takes on this. Felt this was a gaffe by both the officiating crew and Belichick for not challenging it.

Hope butler is okay. Game took a toll. Gonna be a rough season.

I’m focusing on the words “led us”. No he didn’t “lead us” to any such thing.

In fact I bet we still win double digits games with Hoyer at QB. But like I said if you want to think it was all Brady be my guest. Wrong but ok.
For someone who claims to be dealing exclusively with facts, you are completely redefining what football fans would consider the term "led us" meant and then engaging in purely mindless speculation.

For the 3rd time: If 12-4 is "Jack Squat" then what is 2-3?

Also Harry blows. AJ Brown had close to no practices in 2 weeks and balled out against Buffalo and Houston.

And if Cam had hit the wide open Harry on the final play of the game he would have bailed us out as well. Unfortunately, the all out pressure forced it out too quick which might be connected a bit to the OL.

For someone who claims to be dealing exclusively with facts, you are completely redefining what football fans would consider the term "led us" meant and then engaging in purely mindless speculation.

For the 3rd time: If 12-4 is "Jack Squat" then what is 2-3?
Nothing I said is untrue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference