PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Bears beat the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously with the way the defense played QB was hardly a factor here, but Zappe appears to have the same issue as Mac, can't play from behind. Both seem fine playing with a lead. Either way both have alot of growing to do before you can really feel hopeful as a franchise qb.

If Jones is broken, it's Jones who broke himself but repeatedly making poor decisions and turning the ball over.
If he makes bad decisions and he has talent and is smart, a good QB coach can help him to make better decisions.

At least this will quiet the Zappe crowd.
BB should not have yanked Mac that quick. Now you're at risk of losing the team's trust.
The 2nd half plan was not a plan, just a surrender. Everytime we bring back Collins it's useless, and our D gets worse.
We lost Dugger, Phillips & Andrews. This is bad.
We could easily lose to the Jets next week, then it's rock bottom.
It will slow down the hope that he's the next great thing, but the idea that he's the better option than Mac going forward will take only a small hit, if any.

Commit to Zappe, trade Wynn, trade Agholor, trade Mac in the off-season. Use your cap next year to build around Zappe and see what you can make happen.

No idea what the outcome of that would be but it’s one approach you could take.

First overall pick in 2024, probably

I'm on the move on from Belichick train. He's a great coach and he's won us a lot of championships but I don't really know if he can turn this ship around again to being a championship caliber team. You can be a great coach but that doesn't mean your philosophy and culture can keep winning forever.
You seriously looked at the coaching around this league and thought, yeah, we need those guys instead of Belichick?

Fields threw for 179 yards on 13 for 21..with an INT and 4 sacks,,,and the Pats get blown out of their own building?...HUH?

the only 'must' about next weeks game is to avoid being in the basement and below the Jets by the end of the season....
It's a long season and other than a couple of teams the NFL as a whole has a bunch of mediocre to bad teams. We can still sneak in the postseason

C’mon, the offense after the two TDs went:

3 plays and a fumble
3 and out
3 and out
interception
interception

That isn’t the defense letting Zappe down.
Mac went from a First Rounder to maybe a Third in one year.

The QB stuff I'm not too bothered about for some reason. It's these 200+ yds (or close to it) rushing games I've seen the last few years against the Pats that are just brutal to watch. Not sure how Rham/DHarris only had 14 att for 47yds combined against the 2nd worst rushing defense. "What are we doing?"

Last edited:
Zappe finally saw a team that realized he's a 4th round rookie, who's also short, and they brought the heat.
2 INT's, 1 Fumble and 3 batted balls. That's bad.
As opposed to Mac throwing a dumb pick as he's trying to knock the rust off.
The answer is simple. BB needs to have a heart to heart with Mac, and give him a public vote of confidence, restart the offense with the game plan from DET/CLE and stop coaching like you're just trying not to lose.

You seriously looked at the coaching around this league and thought, yeah, we need those guys instead of Belichick?
Do you think Belichick can turn this around? It's just not looking good right now so that's why I'm sorta feeling like his time is almost up as the coach.

I want to be wrong however.

Let's be honest, neither of these guys is likely to be a decade long franchise QB, Pats are treading water with these guys. Mac deserves more time to show what he can do through the end of the year, but signs are pointing toward a need to rethink the QB position and the coaches around the QB.

That game should go a LONG way towards show everyone that this team is really, really far away.

Bill is going to have to rehaul a good chunk of this team in the off-season and if we get returns on those players closer to Judon as opposed to Smith/Aggy then maybe it can be done in a single off season.

The Pats have to play perfect to have a chance. Otherwise, they are doomed to this.

The QB stuff I'm not too bothered about for some reason. It's these 200+ yds rushing games I've seen the last few years against the Pats that are just brutal to watch. Not sure how Rham/DHarris only had 14 att for 47yds combined against the 2nd worst rushing defense. "What are we doing?"

People here will laugh but, if BB can move Wynn and create sufficient cap space, he should seriously think about trying to bring Suh in for the rest of the season, in an effort to buttress that DL.

The I'm out comment Mac made is definitely not a good look. I hope he gets his confidence back
What was the context there? Maybe an ankle thing? Did waayyy too much running for his 1st game back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back