PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Bears beat the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just for the record. You are saying that Zappe sucked tonight after the initial good play because he didn’t start and if he started, he would have been awesome. Just want that on the record.
Zappe was still better than Mac tonight. Bill has so much confidence in Mac that he benched him after 6 passes

I'm going to guzzle some prune juice to produce enough fecal matter for Patricia. Trent Brown, Jake Bailey, McCourty, and countless others must be shat upon first.
Don't forget Tavai.

He handled the starting QB situation very poorly. Playing games all week instead of announcing the starter on Friday was weird. He went from looking like a genius to a fool.

If that's the case, I think we need to give Patricia a pass for this week.

You can’t make him the starter next week after benching him like Bill did. If Bill had any confidence in Mac he wouldn’t have pulled him. If you play Mac next week what do you do ? You pull him again at the first pick?

Bill has to ride with Zappe now and see what he can do with him.

Bill really screw the QB position this week. He should have commit 100% to either Mac or Zappe. I wanted him to play Zappe exactly to avoid that type of scenario.

Now you bench Mac after 6 passes and it would look a little ridiculous now imo if you make Mac the starter next week.
I disagree...I firmly believe Mac starts in NJ.

He handled the starting QB situation very poorly. Playing games all week instead of announcing the starter on Friday was weird. He went from looking like a genius to a fool.
Completely agree with that. After those last 3 weeks and tonight all I can decipher of the situation is Bill is not 100% behind Mac Jones and is probably asking himself what did I let Brady go?

At this point I would call the Bucs to see if I can trade for him. What is troubling is I say that only half jokingly

We are looking up at the JETE....the f'n JETE!!!

I disagree...I firmly believe Mac starts in NJ.
To do what benching him again when he throws is first INT next week?

If Bill had any confidence in Mac he wouldn’t have benched him after his pick. I would be stunned if Zappe don’t start next week

His confidence is shot. Let's hope he regains it if he's the starter.
How can you start a guy you bench after 6 passes. That tells you that Bill chose Zappe otherwise you don’t bench him and let him get better as the game go along.

How can you start a guy you bench after 6 passes. That tells you that Bill chose Zappe otherwise you don’t bench him and let him get better as the game go along.
I'm not sure. It's a crazy situation for sure. Whoever starts I hope they play well

BB just said that pulling Jones was not a benching for performance, and that playing both QBs was the plan from the beginning. He said that Jones would have gone back in, but the score got out of hand, and he didn't think it was the right thing to do at that point.

You're all welcome to believe or disbelieve the coach, of course.
I don’t believe it. Because if it was really the plan it was a f*ing stupid one. I can’t see Bill doing something that stupid. That’s a thing that Dan Campbell could do but not Bill come on

Kind of crazy the Patriots were 8.5 point favorites. Extremely disappointing how this team came out considering how solid they looked over the past few games.

Zero silver lining in this game. Both quarterbacks were awful, special teams wasn't great and the defense couldn't stop a high school team.

At this point I do have to wonder what BB plan is because this doesn't seem like a team that's going to even make the playoffs.
"Playoffs? You're talking playoffs?"
Maybe talk "Seven wins?"

So if Mac threw an TD instead of int you do you think he pulls Jones?

This was a message to him. Unfortunately not much of a message because Zappe and the offense looked awful and the team was embarrassed on national TV.

Bad news for the pats but good news for Jones and his chance to start next week
If Mac continued to play it would have looked worse than with Zappe.

Thornton's that guy. He's one of the fastest dudes in the NFL. 2nd fastest 10yd split ever in the combine. Watch Thornton run down KGordon after his INT, starting 3yds behind with momentum carrying him the wrong way then catches up to him in 35yds to push him out of bounds. They just need to figure out how to use him.
I'm fine with Thornton and Parker.

There are weaknesses on our Offense. For example, we certainly have weaknesses at OT, and backup OG.
========
However, even the top offenses have relative weaknesses.
==========
As I said a couple of weeks ago, our problem is the elephant in the room: the quality of quarterback play. It is possible that we don't have a QB with the talent to be top 10. It is possible that QB coaching hasn't been effective in developing the player(s) that we have. It is possible that the game plan and play calling could be better working with strengths and weaknesses of our quarterbacks.
=========
In this game, for me, this result was on the Defense. Our Defense can't allow 243 yards on the ground and very little time for the Offense to operate and think that they did their part.

In a sense, Belichick has had a weakness against running quarterbacks for a lot of years.

I don’t believe it. Because if it was really the plan it was a f*ing stupid one. I can’t see Bill doing something that stupid. That’s a thing that Dan Campbell could do but not Bill come on

It was apparently reported by two separate game "reporters" ( I saw the halftime report, but have only heard of, not actually seen or heard, the Aikman comment on the subject). Are they lying? Did BB go out of his way to tell the lies to both "reporters"? Where's the disconnect between the reports and the reality you believe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe