PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Bears beat the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dumb post, even for you.

Yeah. I’m not buying that one. It sounds like a good line to use so you can go back to Mac next week.

Bill Belichick on the QB switch according to Lisa Salters: “That was the plan all along.” Will Bailey Zappe will play the rest of the way? “No. He and Mac Jones will both play in the 2nd half.”

According to BB, the plan to go with both QBs was related to Jones' health. Again, you can all choose whether to believe or not.
So if Mac threw an TD instead of int you do you think he pulls Jones?

This was a message to him. Unfortunately not much of a message because Zappe and the offense looked awful and the team was embarrassed on national TV.

Bad news for the pats but good news for Jones and his chance to start next week

Yeah. I’m not buying that one. It sounds like a good line to use so you can go back to Mac next week.
100% Mac starts next week but crap like what Bill pulled tonight can shatter even the most confident QB for a long time thinking a few bad passes and he sits again.....not good for any young athlete to have instilled with doubts in his head.

I would like to jump on the BAD bandwagon ... but really it was sad ... so un-Patriot like ... all I can think of is the Lawyer Milloy-less game.

Read my post again. If you still can't wrap your head around it.. keep reading it? Go back to your comfortable Tompa world? Get help? I don't know man.

BB is giving off " I have no plan and no idea what I am doing" vibes...not a good look for the GOAT to be
100% Mac starts next week but crap like what Bill pulled tonight can shatter even the most confident QB for a long time thinking a few bad passes and he sits again.....not good for any young athlete to have in his head.
Bill is f'ing this up. He needs to give MAC a boost by announcing he is the starter for next week and teh rest of the season. This clandestine CIA tricking stuff is BS and is only serving to destry both of his young QB';s psyche. I wonder if either will want to play for Bill down the road.

So if Mac threw an TD instead of int you do you think he pulls Jones?

This was a message to him. Unfortunately not much of a message because Zappe and the offense looked awful and the team was embarrassed on national TV.

First, and this is not aimed specifically at you, but applies to everyone:

Y'all need to stop with the "BB said" whenever he states what people like, if you're going to also go with "BB's lying" when he says something you don't like.

Second, I don't know if the INT altered the time of the hook, but it's not surprising that they might not play Jones the whole game given the injury situation.

Last edited:
I would like to jump on the BAD bandwagon ... but really it was sad ... so un-Patriot like ... all I can think of is the Lawyer Milloy-less game.
you forgot the Malcolm Butler benching in Super Bowl LII ... :)

Read my post again. If you still can't wrap your head around it.. keep reading it? Go back to your comfortable Tompa world? Get help? I don't know man.

I read your post, thanks, and I have no problem understanding what you post. Let us all know when you realize that you're clowning yourself:

Bill Belichick on the QB switch according to Lisa Salters:
“That was the plan all along.”
Will Bailey Zappe will play the rest of the way?
“No. He and Mac Jones will both play in the 2nd half.”

Last edited:
Zappe is the guy.

Jones had his opportunity to respond and kind of flubbed it. The same traits we've seen all season: issues in the pocket, seeing the field, decision making, turnovers, etc, all were present from the jump.

Zappe has limitations he needs to work on/around, no doubt, but Jones just lacks something that Zappe does not. Maybe it's mental toughness, confidence, moxie, maturity ... who knows, but you know "it" when you see it.

It'll be far from perfect under Zappe but he's consistently demonstrated traits I want in a quarterback to a much greater extent than Jones (to my eye, at least).

Kosar or Testaverde?

I’m still in shock the bears scored that many points

Zappe is the guy.

Jones had his opportunity to respond and kind of flubbed it. The same traits we've seen all season: issues in the pocket, seeing the field, decision making, turnovers, etc, all were present from the jump.

Zappe has limitations he needs to work on/around, no doubt, but Jones just lacks something that Zappe does not. Maybe it's mental toughness, confidence, moxie, maturity ... who knows, but you know "it" when you see it.

It'll be far from perfect under Zappe but he's consistently demonstrated traits I want in a quarterback to a much greater extent than Jones (to my eye, at least).
This is ONLY MAC's second year. He has played 3.25 games this year with new and inexperienced QB coach and OC and OL that is falling apart. I think he deserves more time and an experienced QB coach. I would absolutely bring Adam Gase in at this point before Judge does any more damage.
I do wish he would focus more on being the best QB he can be and not spend so much time trying to be the best teammate he can be.

What is this in reference to?
I keep hearing (also in the GDT) that after he was taken out, he mouthed "I'm out" which to me sounded like an injury thing but others seemed to think it was a deflated confidence thing. Who really knows?

I’m still in shock the bears scored that many points
they were gifted 2 defensive turnovers due to tipped passes from a QB who cannot get the ball over a tall defensive lineman's reach......its not like they scored all those points from the 20 or so,they were given a short field multiple times and the rest was cake

Bill just really screwed up the QB position tonight. Benched Mac after a bad interception killing whatever confidence he had left. Then zappe stinks it up In the second half and throws 2 picks.

What do you do now? Go back to Mac? Start zappe again? What if he gets blasted against the jets defense. Then do you go back to a Mac Jones that lost his confidence?
He has to play Zappe all the way now. you can’t put Mac back after that.

Zappe is the guy.

He has to play Zappe all the way now. you can’t put Mac back after that.

I wouldn't go betting the farm on that idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe