PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Day Thread- Pats beat the Raiders!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't get a very detailed look at JJ Williams vs. Waller, but definitely seemed to be working out. Like what I have been able to see from him. I wonder how we'll approach KC. Will we put Williams on Kelce much or do something different as they use Kelce so differently and on so much underneath stuff

They will likely put Williams or Dugger on Kelce most of the game. I think that Dugger might be better athletically equipped to handle Kelce..

One nice wrinkle I liked from today was that I noticed D-Mac became a robber every time Wallace had an outside leveraged CB on him. Don't think Carr ever caught onto that- it was just enough to keep him off balance all game.

Think of the patriots like Alabama, just plugin a good football player and we can beat anyone. I never understood the narative that we have to suck without Tom to prove that he was great.

Think of the patriots like Alabama, just plugin a good football player and we can beat anyone. I never understood the narative that we have to suck without Tom to prove that he was great.

That wasnt it.

Brady needed better weapons. If Sony always ran like today that would have made a huge difference last year. I know that BB is the GOAT HC and that this Pats team would be prepared and disciplined like always.

Digger looks like he’s going to be an intimidating presence, hopefully sooner than later. Very early I know, but he reminds a bit of Rodney.

In all honesty, after the Pats drafted Dugger and I went and read up on him, Harrison is immediately who came to mind. . Certain "Draft Experts" on this board crap on Dugger because he went to a D2 school, but he showed at the Senior Bowl he could easily play with the Big Boys. People forget that Harrison went to D1 "Powerhouse" Western Illinois. His metrics and his attitude are astoundingly similar to Rodney's. I think that Dugger will be the guy who takes over leadership wise, from McCourty back there.

Any way that Thuney would agree to a permanent change to center next year and then the Pats could let Andrews walk and Pats pick up a 4th round pick? Intelligence is highly valued at the center position and Thuney is the smartest player on the field plus he is bigger than the undersized Andrews.

I suspect that Thuney might signed a new contract for $15M a year as a center. The bottom line is that Thuney isn't signed for 2021.

That wasnt it.

Brady needed better weapons. If Sony always ran like today that would have made a huge difference last year. I know that BB is the GOAT HC and that this Pats team would be prepared and disciplined like always.

Sony's running hasn't changed. The BLOCKING up front is what changed. Not sure why this is so hard to understand. Especially when you consider that Sony didn't have Andrews at Center last year and that Mason and Cannon both played the entire season injured.

Taking Waller away about crippled the Raider offense.

Jacob had good and bad runs to the tune of 71 yards and nearly 4 yac. Big deal. Renfrow stepped up for the Raiders, but that other WRs could not fill the void of Waller basically shut out of the offense. Wallers first catch was a comeback reception in the 4th quarter when the damage was already done. Waller 2 rec for 9 yards.

The Raiders could not stop the screens and the run. They must have been gassed at the end the way the NE offense was pounding them.

Wino and Wise played some good games today. Of course the strip sack TD stood out but I noticed Wise generating decent pressure throughout the game. Still high hopes for Allen and Uche to provide a boost to the front 7 in a few weeks or after the bye.

That young LT of ours was crushing the edge which is strange because some here believe he's a bust.

Wynn played extremely well today. Probably his best game as a Pro.
Herron didn't look shabby out there for his lone series.
Onwenu played extremely well today with Thuney at Center.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back