PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Day Thread- Pats beat the Raiders!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doug Kyed
@DougKyed

30m

Times Patriots defenders covered Raiders TE Waller, who caught 2 passes on 4 targets for 9 yards: Williams: 8 Zone: 7 Dugger: 6 JMac: 5 Jones: 3 Phillips: 2 Gilmore: 1 Jackson: 1 Devin McCourty also had two key PBUs on targets to Waller.

Great Coaching Today. Cam Newton looks incredible at QB leading this offense. Great O line play. We need one more WR! Harry can't separate!

My only objection with you is with your pointless recourse to ad homs like this reply of yours. It's uncivil and beneath you and not the way you used to post. Too bad.
Maybe you should go have a nice cry about it.

I’m only insufferable to asswipes who take themselves too seriously. Everyone else seems to be pretty cool with my “act.” If you aren’t, well, I have bad news.

Think of a beautiful place and be there

My feelings about this year's edition haven't changed all that much. Love their willingness to punch someone in the face, and they are a tier 2 AFC team, with KC and Baltimore currently Tier 1. 2 would be New England, Buffalo, Tennessee, and Pittsburgh at this point.

The Pats D is really good. I know all about last week, but Wilson played out of his mind and the other guys get paid, too. I LIKE everyone on their current DL, but don't love anyone - again, YET.

The O is good on the ground, particularly with Cam's added dimension, and good in the short-middle passing game. A true all-route, great speed receiver would go a long way.

Oh, also, Harry blocked superbly today and made the biggest catch of the game. And no, Michel doesn't suck. Maybe the boo-birds will finally just shut up on those two.

Biggest surprise is Onwenu. 6th round rookie pick. Wow. Only downside if he keeps playing well is they might let Thuney go, and Thuney is really special. Kudos to whomever is coaching that OL right now, taking over from the great one.
Any way that Thuney would agree to a permanent change to center next year and then the Pats could let Andrews walk and Pats pick up a 4th round pick? Intelligence is highly valued at the center position and Thuney is the smartest player on the field plus he is bigger than the undersized Andrews.

Holy crap... I don't think I could ever get used to this.

@KontradictioN, you happy with our big lesbian QB today?

Holy crap... I don't think I could ever get used to this.

@KontradictioN, you happy with our big lesbian QB today?

Very. What should his nickname be? I’m going with “Ellen.”

Any way that Thuney would agree to a permanent change to center next year and then the Pats could let Andrews walk and Pats pick up a 4th round pick? Intelligence is highly valued at the center position and Thuney is the smartest player on the field plus he is bigger than the undersized Andrews.

Thuney -6'4 5/8 - 308 lbs
Andrews - 6'2 1/8 - 300 lbs.

2.5 inches and 8 lbs difference.. Andrews was the same size as Koppen.

Andrews won't net the Patriots a 4th round pick. They'll be lucky to get a 6th. Do you really think someone is going to give Andrews $10M/Season when he's on the final year of a contract that gives him just $3.4M.

Also, yes, I could see them letting Andrews walk if they get Thuney to an extension and like how Froholdt/Onwenu develop.

Ladies and gentlemen, your Chokeland Lost Wages Faders!

It's a team sport, not a quarterback "only" sport.

Hopefully Cam realizes that he doesn't have to carry this team on his back to win if they get to the end of the year and the Patriots make a playoffs. I don't know this for a fact, but watching the panthers when they were the only game in town meant that if Cam had a C or below game, on average, his team would loose.

Just my 2 cents...

Didn't get a very detailed look at JJ Williams vs. Waller, but definitely seemed to be working out. Like what I have been able to see from him. I wonder how we'll approach KC. Will we put Williams on Kelce much or do something different as they use Kelce so differently and on so much underneath stuff

Thuney -6'4 5/8 - 308 lbs
Andrews - 6'2 1/8 - 300 lbs.

2.5 inches and 8 lbs difference.. Andrews was the same size as Koppen.

Andrews won't net the Patriots a 4th round pick. They'll be lucky to get a 6th. Do you really think someone is going to give Andrews $10M/Season when he's on the final year of a contract that gives him just $3.4M.

Also, yes, I could see them letting Andrews walk if they get Thuney to an extension and like how Froholdt/Onwenu develop.

Owenu looks to be very promising, playing RT, LG and short yardage T/TE on both sides of the line (although he had the critical miss on the last play vs Seattle). BB loves versatile OL, and it's particularly impressive for a rookie in this COVID year to be playing all over the line.

Owenu looks to be very promising, playing RT, LG and short yardage T/TE on both sides of the line (although he had the critical miss on the last play vs Seattle). BB loves versatile OL, and it's particularly impressive for a rookie in this COVID year to be playing all over the line.

Better watch out. Our resident "Draft Expert" is likely to rail against you for being positive in regards to Onwenu.

I agree with you. The fact that Herron was put in for some snaps at LT and didn't seem to miss a beat is a good sign as well..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back