PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Day Thread- Pats beat the Raiders!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Onwenu is a draft find! He is physical and getting better technically every week.

putting thuney at center was a great move.

our offensive line is light years ahead of last Season!

This is a good team! They were pretty thoroughly outplayed q1 but like alot of the great brady teams they weathered the storm , made great adjustments, and took control eventually. Im feeling much better now than i did early on, solid playoff team but probably not a sb team just yet. Still think it will hurt alot not having a legit kicker, and having zero threat in the return game. Those are little things that csn make a big impact in close struggles, already did impact one loss in a big way.

RB is looking strong like i had expected out the group, and we have been without harris and no white for 2 games. Sony looked his best today,maybe even better than the 18 playoffs. He actually made people miss today and looked like a first rounder. Burkhead imo is quietly one of the better #2’s in the league. He has that wiggle and ability to slip through the slightest of cracks that kevin faulk had. Harris and white will only make them better, very strong unit.

defense had a great game against a strong offense.

this was a big win imo.Really think wed have been 1-3 without it after next week and in a big hole. Taking a way too early look at possible afc playoff teams, of course lookslike balt, kc, ten, pitt , bills are very much in the mix and i dont see that changing barring major injuries . Houston looks to have taken a step down, i think they have a losing record this year and out of the playoffs . Raiders look good but we have the tiebreaker on them, so looks great early on.
This is 11-12 win team imho. I've been watching Patriots since 2007. Can't even believe I've NEVER witnessed below a 10-6 season. Doesn't feel normal, lul

This is 11-12 win team imho. I've been watching Patriots since 2007. Can't even believe I've NEVER witnessed below a 10-6 season. Doesn't feel normal, lul

had we had a real kicker I wouldve predicted 12 wins. With that question mark id put my prediction at 10 which will get us in, not sure if as a division winner. But definitely far better than what the “7-9 at best” crowd thought.

You can bet that BB will be giving it to Steve, Brian and whomever is responsible for the substitutions

Can you imagine Thanksgiving dinner at the Belichick household if it happened right after a game management issue like that?

First time I've ever seen that with the Pats in the BB years, that said they'd rather take the TO then the penalty or the play against too few men.

i think with the extra playoff spot this yr maybe we have a chance to get it but its a long way away and our schedule is tough right to the end .

I assume the last TO (with LV driving to try and make it 23-17) was not a too many men issue. It worked - they were giving up chunks, but held them to a FG. Was the Raiders last sniff at the game.

i am not sure how harris cracks the lineup next week. They have too many RBs and james white didnt even play today.

i am not sure how harris cracks the lineup next week. They have too many RBs and james white didnt even play today.
Agree, but someone will get hurt sooner or later. Michel and Burkhead are injury prone. Harris will get a shot soon.

I only got a chance to watch the 1st quarter. How did Cam look? He looked like he was struggling early on...
He struggled throwing. Early in the game after throwing deep to Edelman in triple coverage I said last week was the worst thing that could have happened to him. As the game wore on he seemed to realize they too and only made safe throws.

had we had a real kicker I wouldve predicted 12 wins. With that question mark id put my prediction at 10 which will get us in, not sure if as a division winner. But definitely far better than what the “7-9 at best” crowd thought.
The kicker is painful. I think 9-10 wins is in sight but probably do finish behind the Bills. I do think we have a real chance at beating KC. We get them off the short week and the Ravens should beat them up pretty good. I really like the balance between the run and pass game. That should keep defenses off-balance.

How much did Duggar play? I only noticed him in garbage time, as the announcers indicated.

Williams and Phillips seemed to be much more important at safety.
Safety is the QB of the defense and one of the most difficult positions to learn. So it is not surprising that he is behind veterans after three games. The more he learns the more he will play. But he is already playing meaningful snaps. Check back after the break.

It's a team sport, not a quarterback "only" sport.

Hopefully Cam realizes that he doesn't have to carry this team on his back to win if they get to the end of the year and the Patriots make a playoffs. I don't know this for a fact, but watching the panthers when they were the only game in town meant that if Cam had a C or below game, on average, his team would loose.

Just my 2 cents...
I haven’t seen a single indication that Cam is out there trying to carry the team on his back or being selfish. Who have you been watching?

Last edited:
Let’s see - 2 in the bag. Jets for 2. Split with the Bills. Beat Chargers and Broncos. Texans certainly beatable. Niners are beat up beyond belief. Win at least one of Rams/Cardinals. So if you beat the Fins that is 11. Sneak one out of Ravens, Chiefs and second Bills game is 12. Sure that is optimistic, but if health is good, 9 is pessimistic.

What a break the Pats are getting next week with less than a full crowd in Arrowhead.

Let’s see - 2 in the bag. Jets for 2. Split with the Bills. Beat Chargers and Broncos. Texans certainly beatable. Niners are beat up beyond belief. Win at least one of Rams/Cardinals. So if you beat the Fins that is 11. Sneak one out of Ravens, Chiefs and second Bills game is 12. Sure that is optimistic, but if health is good, 9 is pessimistic.
I'm sticking with 9-7 for now and playoffs. How far they go - who knows.

What a break the Pats are getting next week with less than a full crowd in Arrowhead.
Playing BAL or KC or SEA this year : very tough regardless of crowd / no crowd. I think they’ll drop the game vs KC and rebound to 3-2 before the bye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back