PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Day Thread- Pats beat the Raiders!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean if Brady just had Byrd last year it would have been a different season?

9 receptions and 99 yards 0 TDs through 3 games is just what Brady needed.

The Pats rushed the ball for 250 yards yesterday, but only passed for 162 yards. Yup. extend Byrd today!

Couple of guys who I think were good:
Onwenu
Dugger
Williams
Michel
Burkhead
Wise

The most concerning part so far to me is Gilmore. He has really struggled in all 3 games. This is unexpected. But cornerbacks can fall apart at anytime at age 30. I hope this is not the case and I think he will rebound but these few games concern me.

Michel looked like a guy who was playing for his job.

Did Waller play? I didn't see raiders inactive list so didn't know if he played or not...:rofl:
Dugger and Williams will be rare 2nd round DBs that will be good. They are erasing TE production.

A few notes...
1) I want to know why they kicked that touchback with 43 seconds left in the first half. My wife, who doesn't watch or understand football, couldn't understand why I was so upset with that kick. I said, "With 3 timeouts and 43 seconds, they could pick up a field goal". It turned out that they picked up 7. Kick that short and you burn 7-10 more seconds. Dumb move by the coaching staff. I still haven't figured out if burning 3 timeouts with almost a quarter to play was good coaching or bad coaching. :)

2) Cam needs to stop trying to get Edelman killed. He did it at least twice during this game and a couple of times last week. During the first quarter, he threw to a triple-covered Edelman, who wound up getting his head wrenched around for the second week in a row. If he's on the injury list with "Neck", we'll know why.

3) Does the NFL control the game sounds now? Because if it's the Patriots, they need to fire the person or give them more sounds to work with. When the Raiders had a big play, the crowd noise turned into a loud cheer. I've been to enough games to know that it doesn't work that way.

4) The referees are really letting them play at the line of scrimmage. There are a lot of holds that would've been called in the past that they seem to be letting go. Wynn got away with a blatant hold (handfull of jersey) at the start of the 2nd that led to an Edelman catch. As long as they stay consistent, it could make for a faster game. The Raiders O-line got away with tackling one of the Pats on one play. That was almost automatic last year.

5) While I still don't miss Gostkowski, Folk is driving me crazy with his inconsistent kicks.

To think some morons actually wanted the rest of us to believe the nonsense that Belichick is a trash coach without Brady.

How does Bill’s ass taste? :D

That’s funny but it’s a long season.
I will never not love Tom Brady but I can also love this big boy, non-petulant football. Very fun IMO.

Emphasis on non-petulant. :thumbsup:

A few notes...
1) I want to know why they kicked that touchback with 43 seconds left in the first half. My wife, who doesn't watch or understand football, couldn't understand why I was so upset with that kick. I said, "With 3 timeouts and 43 seconds, they could pick up a field goal". It turned out that they picked up 7. Kick that short and you burn 7-10 more seconds. Dumb move by the coaching staff. I still haven't figured out if burning 3 timeouts with almost a quarter to play was good coaching or bad coaching. :)

2) Cam needs to stop trying to get Edelman killed. He did it at least twice during this game and a couple of times last week. During the first quarter, he threw to a triple-covered Edelman, who wound up getting his head wrenched around for the second week in a row. If he's on the injury list with "Neck", we'll know why.

3) Does the NFL control the game sounds now? Because if it's the Patriots, they need to fire the person or give them more sounds to work with. When the Raiders had a big play, the crowd noise turned into a loud cheer. I've been to enough games to know that it doesn't work that way.

4) The referees are really letting them play at the line of scrimmage. There are a lot of holds that would've been called in the past that they seem to be letting go. Wynn got away with a blatant hold (handfull of jersey) at the start of the 2nd that led to an Edelman catch. As long as they stay consistent, it could make for a faster game. The Raiders O-line got away with tackling one of the Pats on one play. That was almost automatic last year.

5) While I still don't miss Gostkowski, Folk is driving me crazy with his inconsistent kicks.
Good thing they didn't lose.

Holy sh*t, Kamara is really good.
I don't think the Packers had ever watched film on Kamara. They didn't cover him at all, too many plays where Kamara caught a pass behind the line of scrimmage and no Packer within 10 yards of him.

A few notes...

When we first parted ways with Gostkowski, I thought it was for the best. Now I think we completely botched the situation and I very much miss him. I said all offseason that something would have to go very wrong for Folk to be our kicker again and it did go very wrong. He should only be a midseason injury replacement at this point in his career but we're just flat out giving him a permanent job even though he can't hit anything past 40 yards.

When we first parted ways with Gostkowski, I thought it was for the best. Now I think we completely botched the situation and I very much miss him. I said all offseason that something would have to go very wrong for Folk to be our kicker again and it did go very wrong. He should only be a midseason injury replacement at this point in his career but we're just flat out giving him a permanent job even though he can't hit anything past 40 yards.
Me too. The surgery appears to have made him a lethal kicker again.

Maybe we'll be happy Gilmore didn't get the big long term deal... I'm hoping he regains his dominance, but atm I'm not sure. Season early still.

Can't say enough about the night/day we're seeing w JJ Williams. From never seen to key contributor.

great game! bummed to miss the GTD but will be back full force next week with the sky is falling commentary...jk :)

ground game looks strong. can't wait to see Harris back in the mix. Taylor looked good. Sony PS2 must have gotten his pre-order in for PS5 bc after he saw his career flash before his eyes, he looked great with the lateral jump cuts and burst. Burky always clutch. We get James back also....and the big dude in the middle wearing #1

Passing game wasn't as on point. Nkeal needs to stop being afraid and stop worrying about Gas and **** on IG. what happened to Byrd?

Defense is surprising me still...i thought there'd be a big regression with all the opt outs (hightower, chung) + departures (Kvn who?). looking good

what I did realize is that we need Uche and Keene on the field. They could be crucial parts. This pass rush needs a spark and TE production is not there.

The most concerning part so far to me is Gilmore. He has really struggled in all 3 games. This is unexpected. But cornerbacks can fall apart at anytime at age 30. I hope this is not the case and I think he will rebound but these few games concern me.

Exactly where or when has he struggled ?

He has 3 DPI calls on the season where one was total ******** and on the other two he got called for grabbing an arm. Grabbing an arm has been one of his staples through his career. That's why Cooks couldn't bring in the ball in the SB before Harmon hit him.

He did his thing against the Dolphins and Seahawks and got beat once on a perfectly placed ball while being right there in coverage and even getting his arm in while Metcalf was catching it. Apart from that he gives up the occasional slant which is also nothing shocking.

Maybe we'll be happy Gilmore didn't get the big long term deal... I'm hoping he regains his dominance, but atm I'm not sure. Season early still.

Can't say enough about the night/day we're seeing w JJ Williams. From never seen to key contributor.

yeah he has 2 years left on his deal including this one. I'm pretty sure he won't get an extension. His cap hit is also very big next season, so lets see what he does over the rest of the season.

yeah he has 2 years left on his deal including this one. I'm pretty sure he won't get an extension. His cap hit is also very big next season, so lets see what he does over the rest of the season.
Didn't realize he had another one after this one... We'll see if he is still around. I wonder what his value is on the market.

Obviuosly, he could easily rebound and be lights out. But I really don'T know how close this team is to "real contention" (SB contender, not just div champ).

Didn't realize he had another one after this one... We'll see if he is still around. I wonder what his value is on the market.

Obviuosly, he could easily rebound and be lights out. But I really don'T know how close this team is to "real contention" (SB contender, not just div champ).

Too early to draw conclusions but first impressions to me are wild card team that if it gets hot can beat anyone in the postseason. 07 Giants, 12 Ravens style

Great solid win against a good young team. Next week should tell us alot about our chances for a 7th trophy.

Yup. They don't even have to win just show improvement and show they really can hang with the powerhouse teams of the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back