PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Pats at Bills Playoff Pregame Discussion Thread

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dugger back at practice? that would be great news for Saturday
Am I wrong to assume Dugger and HT both could have played Sunday if they needed to? Might be something I made up in my head

Am I wrong to assume Dugger and HT both could have played Sunday if they needed to? Might be something I made up in my head
I have a better feel for High than Dugs. Seems High "isn't far off" but Dug's status is classified at the highest level.

you sure about that, Andy? I've read literally THOUSANDS of posts since the preseason that McD is the worst coach at any level in the NFL....seems everybody...oh wait, check that...somebody , yeah that's it..somebody has a hair across his azz about our OC.
I care about results not emotions and grudges.

anyone making the trip to Buffalo? Any advice for tailgates etc.?

I care about results not emotions and grudges.
Well then dealing with that poster on a football (or any) level who clearly has cognitive issues is a lost cause.

If he was a nice guy then i'd be more sympathetic but hes an *******. He insults posters regarding their professions, sexual orientation and parenting. His talk therapy sessions and meds aren't working.

I think the TE argument isn't really about saying the Patriots have a great TE group. They have Henry, who's been really good, versus Dawson Knox who has almost identical stats. There's obviously more nuance that could go into the evaluation of both guys, but let's say TE1 is a wash.

But after that, the Pats have Jonnu Smith. Make no mistake, Jonnu's 28 catches for 290 yards is a big disappointment for me this year, and if we were comparing the TE's on the value of their contract, Smith would be a negative. But for production on the field, the Bill's #2 guy (Sweeney) has 9 catches for 44 yards.
How much is this is that they dont run 2 TEs but go 4/5 wide a ton?

Good news for us

I don't think there is a good head coaching job to be had. Jacksonville might have been if there was a new GM. Same with the Bears and Dolphins. The Giants are a mess right now and McDaniels might not have a long leash as second time coach. McDaniels has to be choosey about his next head coaching job since he likely won't get a third chance.

Another year with this offense and they get more talent around Jones and if he makes a second year jump, McDaniels could be the hottest guy out there next year.

Well then dealing with that poster on a football (or any) level who clearly has cognitive issues is a lost cause.

If he was a nice guy then i'd be more sympathetic but hes an *******. He insults posters regarding their professions, sexual orientation and parenting. His talk therapy sessions and meds aren't working.
Ignore is probably the best route, but the problem is when someone posts uneducated things over and over and over, some posters pick it up and think it’s true, and it brings down the quality of the board. We literally have opinions made up from thin air with nothing to back them up that people repeat as fact. It’s annoying to say the least.

Dugger back at practice? that would be great news for Saturday
Yesterday it was first reported that he wasn't at practice, but the Pats practice report had him as a limited participant. We'll see today.

Pats should put a spy on Allen. Most of the plays break down because Allen gets free. Bill has had a hard time with mobile QBs. But I think he will do better on this front. Make the Bills beat us throwing the ball or with their RBs..

Pats have a path to victory - contain Allen and keep Mac conservative and win a low scoring game. That's not what fans want to see - but its what they should do. Game is 100% about the defense. They did a ****ty job last time - let's see if they can do better.

Ignore is probably the best route, but the problem is when someone posts uneducated things over and over and over, some posters pick it up and think it’s true, and it brings down the quality of the board. We literally have opinions made up from thin air with nothing to back them up that people repeat as fact. It’s annoying to say the least.
I agree in theory. You approach with him is appreciated by many of us.

Dozens of us have already wasted enough time with this clown going down the same path you are.

This poster in particular has already lost all credibility with the folks who do frequent this board.

Hes toast.

How much is this is that they dont run 2 TEs but go 4/5 wide a ton?

It's a factor for sure, but I don't think the Pats actually run a ton of sets with Henry and Smith at the same time either. More than the Bills, for sure, but it seems like when the Pats do run 2TE, the second guy is Onwenu or another OL. I'd have to find some numbers on that though, so your point is well taken.

Pats should put a spy on Allen. Most of the plays break down because Allen gets free. Bill has had a hard time with mobile QBs. But I think he will do better on this front. Make the Bills beat us throwing the ball or with their RBs..

Pats have a path to victory - contain Allen and keep Mac conservative and win a low scoring game. That's not what fans want to see - but its what they should do. Game is 100% about the defense. They did a ****ty job last time - let's see if they can do better.

This is a pick your poison type of situation, because the spy would likely have to be a guy like Dugger, as none of our linebackers really have the athleticism to consistently run with him. But taking Dugger out of coverage for too many snaps isn't ideal against a deep WR group.

I see on Ticketmaster there's almost a whole row of resales for $279 each right behind the Pats bench. Don't think whoever is selling them is gonna make much on that one.

As usual, Allen is at his best (or worst if you're defense) on third down running for it. That's what needs to be stopped.

I agree in theory. You approach with him is appreciated by many of us.

Dozens of us have already wasted enough time with this clown going down the same path you are.

This poster in particular has already lost all credibility with the folks who do frequent this board.

Hes toast.
Idk.
His suggestions for OL configuration have merit.
His complaints about our run defense also have merit.
The constant complaining about the oc is tiresome.

Idk.
His suggestions for OL configuration have merit.
His complaints about our run defense also have merit.
The constant complaining about the oc is tiresome.
While it's OK to suggest different kinds of formations or players (this is what we all do) and it's also OK to not like McDaniels, it's not OK to destroy so many threads with a constant harping on McDaniels.

THat's the problem.

And if I suggest that Belichick doesn't know what he's doing with the OL (that's OK to do that in my book), it's not OK to do it constantly every chance I get because then I'd be assuming that I know more about it than Belichick. It's delusional.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots