PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Pats at Bills Playoff Pregame Discussion Thread

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Idk.
His suggestions for OL configuration have merit.
His complaints about our run defense also have merit.
The constant complaining about the oc is tiresome.
It's how he interacts with the board members and how he derives to his assertions which is the fundamental problem.

You and I have disagreed on a bunch of stuff but I don't go off publicly attacking you because of it.

Like I said he has issues and he needs to fix them.

Of course you don't. You're a Bills fan.

Those who are tasked with actually analyzing the performance of defensive units thinks there are several teams near them, including the Patriots.

You won't get any argument from me that the Bills have a very good secondary, and I won't put up much of a fight to anyone who says they're the best, but to say there is no one "near" them is pretty silly (and inaccurate).

I can say with certainty that I'd have much rather face the Bengals defense/secondary than the Bills, but I can't recall any postseason run where the Pats got a favorable draw in terms of playoff matchups that ended in a Super Bowl victory; always seems the toughest/most adverse path through the postseason is the one followed by Super Bowls ... so bring on Buffalo, on the road, in frigid temps.

Your team is very good at the moment and I have a lot of respect for them. If you weren't an ass of a poster at times, I'd probably even root for them if they made it past the Pats (not that you care about my rooting interest(s), nor should you).

Okay. We can agree to disagree.

Your worst nightmare. Nobody is interested.

Absolutely my worst nightmare is BB is unable to win another ring because his staff doesn't have The Right Stuff, he retires, and I dread his replacement.

Just be consistent. Don't be a schizophrenic and freak out by criticizing certain players and get all crazy over other players you don't want to talk about. And I never said I wish for poor outcomes, I said for a politically minded oc who clearly keeps playing crappier players (NKeal, Wynn) then I would fully expect them to respectfully lose so the oc can immediately interview for HC jobs starting im 4 days.

While it's OK to suggest different kinds of formations or players (this is what we all do) and it's also OK to not like McDaniels, it's not OK to destroy so many threads with a constant harping on McDaniels.

THat's the problem.

And if I suggest that Belichick doesn't know what he's doing with the OL (that's OK to do that in my book), it's not OK to do it constantly every chance I get because then I'd be assuming that I know more about it than Belichick. It's delusional.

I don't know more than BB. But I also recognize BB is old and leans heavily on what his staff tells him. A ton of examples on this. BB is reliant on what his staff suggests.

Maybe instead of blaming the messenger you should get more annoyed by how often the OC does blatantly dumb things. Fully expect them to leave their best OLineman Onwenu on the bench and start Herron at LT this Saturday.

Just be consistent. Don't be a schizophrenic and freak out by criticizing certain players and get all crazy over other players you don't want to talk about. And I never said I wish for poor outcomes, I said for a politically minded oc who clearly keeps playing crappier players (NKeal, Wynn) then I would fully expect them to respectfully lose so the oc can immediately interview for HC jobs starting im 4 days.
DKF....we touched yesterday on the O-line a little, but was wondering who do you think will be active this week Harry or Wilkerson? I am leaning toward Harry because of the potential weather/running gameplan but not 100% convinced.

The best coaching for Mac this week might be to loosen him up. Not to pile a lot of prep and pressure on him.
He did best in the middle of the season when he was able to use what he had under his belt and have fun - as he mentions a lot.
He's the kind of guy that likes to carry heavy burdens of responsibility on himself. And you need that accountability, but from the coaches in this big moment - I hope they're able to keep him loose. Like Weis did with Brady on the SB winning drive - just go sling it.

And you make up lies and hope nobody calls you out on your crap. Patriot drafts from 2013-2019 sucked even though you think citing a dozen bench fringe guys makes it good drafting, or pretending the oc know how to use 2 pass catching TEs by citing seasons involving a 2nd TE blocker.

DKF....we touched yesterday on the O-line a little, but was wondering who do you think will be active this week Harry or Wilkerson? I am leaning toward Harry because of the potential weather/running gameplan but not 100% convinced.

I hope Wilkerson. If they go jumbo package would rather have 6 OLinemen there. Wilkerson is a threat in the passing game. Harry is.... a waste of snaps

I rest my case.

Again, you are the last person on this board to pass judgement on another poster's thoughts and postion on various topics.

Go get on meds and see a therapist to help you cope with your OCD and cognitive issues.

If you were a good guy i'd be much more sympathetic but you treat posters on this board like **** so **** off.

And you make up lies and hope nobody calls you out on your crap. Patriot drafts from 2013-2019 sucked even though you think citing a dozen bench fringe guys makes it good drafting, or pretending the oc know how to use 2 pass catching TEs by citing seasons involving a 2nd TE blocker.
Go get help.

I was gonna say, we have them where we want them, everyone thinks we suck and are beat up. Prime conditions for an upset.

The availability of Mills and Barmore is big. Also, zero degrees is a huge x factor, it'll be difficult for either team's offense to execute. Mac has to be careful with snaps and handoffs, not just throws. There

McKenzie had a great game vs the Pats, but he has done next to nothing this year before that game and since. In the last two weeks, he had two catches for 16 yards total. His emergence is sorta like Jonas Gray emerged as a dominant RB after one great game with the Patriots. He had 178 yards and one TD this season with 125 yards and one TD coming against the Patriots. And he has 48 yards as a runner this season. Kendrick Bourne has been far more potent as a runner by a WR than McKenzie. Bourne in the last four weeks has rushed for 44 yards alone.

Last week, Moss had five rushes for eight yards. The week before, he rushed five times for 39 yards. Are you going to say he is better than Stevenson as the #2 RB. Allen is their true #2 RB. And Harris arguably was one of the best RB in the league this year. Singeltary has played well in recent weeks, but no unbiased person would take him over Harris. The only way you could even consider arguing the Bills RBs are better than the Patriots’ RB is if you count Allen as a RB. But even then, I think it would be a weak argument.

And then I haven’t even brought up Brandon Bolden who is better than and third down back the Bills have.

The Pats clearly have the better RB corp.
Harris and Singletary are very similar, I think Harris had 50 more rushing yards then Singletary but Singletary had 200 more receiving yards. I would say the RB's are a wash. I believe the Bills were 5th or 6th in the NFL in rushing this year which surprised me but Allen accounts for 700 or 800 of those yards.

Can you blame them? Pats have Nothing going for them on Either side of the LOS to give Anyone hope that a win is even possible, never mind probable... The talent, especially when considering its current overall state of health, isn't nearly good enough to overcome all of the coaching- and self-inflicted ****-ups that these dummies committed during their losses to Miami x2, Indy & Dallas, any two of which had they been wins would've given us the #1 seed on a silver platter; but Noooooo...
We're not close to a number 1 seeded team and fell to 6th which is exactly where this team should be. Every single team can look back at several games they should/could have won but didn't. We probably would have lost both games to Buffalo is not for 60mph winds, so you can look at it both ways.

Bottom line is we had a good season and have seen some encouraging things from Mac. We have a chance to win a playoff game which is all you can ask for at this point.

Harris and Singletary are very similar, I think Harris had 50 more rushing yards then Singletary but Singletary had 200 more receiving yards. I would say the RB's are a wash. I believe the Bills were 5th or 6th in the NFL in rushing this year which surprised me but Allen accounts for 700 or 800 of those yards.

I don't think they are remotely a wash. Harris splits time with Stevenson. Singletary is the Bill's lead back with Moss not getting as nearly as many touches as Stevenson.

It's how he interacts with the board members and how he derives to his assertions which is the fundamental problem.

You and I have disagreed on a bunch of stuff but I don't go off publicly attacking you because of it.

Like I said he has issues and he needs to fix them.
I get that. However, we are all different. There are uber homer fans (that can be annoying). There are nervous nancies (annoying). Know-it-alls (blow hards). There are knowledgable fans that add value with every post (cream of the crop). There are characters like the capt. There are a few dumb af posters, trolls, funny dudes, sexy mods, you name it.

I think the best thing to do is use the ignore function (I don't) if you find someone that really makes your exp. here difficult. What I don't agree with is trying to cancel any poster for his style or opinions, unless they consistently break forum rules or are just here to troll.

I don't think they are remotely a wash. Harris splits time with Stevenson. Singletary is the Bill's lead back with Moss not getting as nearly as many touches as Stevenson.

I think Harris is better too, but this argument doesn't really hold water, given Harris has more carries than Singletary this year (202 to 188). Same YPC for both. What gives Harris the edge for me (besides the eye test), is that he's facing a LOT more loaded boxes than Singletary. Teams are scheming to stop the run first against the Pats. They're scheming to stop Allen passes first, Allen runs second, and then the rest is a distant third when they play the Bills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes