SOURCE:NBC Sports Boston

SOURCE:NBC Sports Boston

SOURCE:Yahoo! Sports

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: N/A
Right Now At PatsFans.com:
Frustrating Finish
Saturday night marked a frustrating end to New England's season, which now sets up some big questions heading into the offseason.

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Official (not rumors) 2013 NFL Free Agency Thread

Discussion in 'NFL Football Forum' started by A.C Vegas, Mar 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ausbacker

ausbacker TB12 PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +9,398
    It depends one what the Raiders long term strategy for the position is. The Raiders are a long way from being a competitive outfit. Flynn should give them some nice play and warm the hot seat for whoever is going to be their LT #1. They have every incentive to continue their level of mediocrity in the hope of landing a Mariota or Manziel.

2. Brady_to_Moss

Brady_to_Moss 28-3.... PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +8,782
    the raiders are a horribly horribly run franchise...it's amazing

3. captain stone

captain stone Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +8,886
  4. Frezo

Frezo In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +4
    Jenkins is so slow that he gets a delay of game penalty when he runs a comeback route.

5. Brady_to_Moss

Brady_to_Moss 28-3.... PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +8,782
    I think he can be great in the redzone..but very slow

6. signbabybrady

signbabybrady Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +11,447
    That is incorrect my friend. You said your opinion comes from what you saw or did not see him do with his limited time in preseason or where ever else you may have watched him. Where my analysis is not really based on anything I saw from him but rather where the HC has placed him on the depth chart and him having moved on from another player based on his presance and then seeing that player start for another team. My anlysis relies on what qualified pro personell think rather than what you do.

7. Deus Irae

Deus Irae PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +54,668
    No, it's not.

My analysis wasn't just from me watching. It was from reporters/analysts and pro people watching. The stories were around all summer, in case you missed them. I don't know why you feel the need to only post the sunshine and unicorns version, but that just leads to a biased opinion, and that's a damned silly way to try figuring out the guy's worth, regardless of what (if anything) they get for him in the end

8. signbabybrady

Ratings:
    +11,447
    whatever man my optimistic view that BBs trust in Mallett means he could be worth more than where he was originally drafted is no more sunshine and unicorns than your opinion formulated by your eye, reporters rumors and hearsay means his value in a trade is now worse is the doomsday and brimfire version.

But hey your entitled to that opinion. I thought Hoyer might be worth something in a trade too based on the same perception of trust from BB (not a 2nd but something). So I was wrong then.

9. Patsgofor4

Patsgofor4 Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +1,995
    Yeah, because everyone but the Patriots was falling all over themselves to sign DHB. The Pats are not done filling their WR corps. Wait until after the draft and then you can whine, ***** and moan about their moves, or lack thereof. Jenkins got NO guaranteed money....probably not expected to be a top 3 WR for the Pats this year.

10. Patsgofor4

Patsgofor4 Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +1,995
    [/QUOTE]He may be traded, but it isn't going to be for anything more than a 4th round pick.[/QUOTE]

It makes me laugh when fellow posters write such things, as if they are facts. IF he is traded by the Pats, you will be proven to be wrong (?again) about the return. Will you come back and admit it when it happens? If I am wrong about my opinion, I certainly will.

11. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +17,703
    Not a huge fan of the Jenkins signing (although he signed for peanuts and can be cut before the season for no negative impact), but why would the Pats want the bust who is Darrius Heyward Bay? I hear DHB dropped his pen three times while trying to sign his signature on his contract with the Colts.

The guy has hands of stones, can't run a route for the life of him, and has zero football smarts. Here is Scout Inc's review on the guy:

NFL Free-Agent Tracker - ESPN

I think it is funny that people would want a deep threat who needs the ball to hit him in the bread basket to catch. Because most QBs have pin point accuracy when they throw the ball 40 yards down the field.

12. robertweathers

robertweathers PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +78,879
    I am praying that Larry Fitz agrees to a restructured contract and agrees to be traded to the Pats. He'll be 30 to start the season. Maybe the Cards would consider trading him on draft day?

13. primetime

primetime Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13,504
    It makes me laugh when fellow posters write such things, as if they are facts. IF he is traded by the Pats, you will be proven to be wrong (?again) about the return. Will you come back and admit it when it happens? If I am wrong about my opinion, I certainly will.[/QUOTE]

Because it's absurd. This forum thought Brian Hoyer was worth a first rounder or something equally ridiculous and he was unceremoniously cut.

14. fnordcircle

fnordcircle The poster who James White said inspires him. PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +31,167
    Issues with catching the ball can be coached. You cannot coach speed.

Other than his hands everything I've read about DHB has made him sound outstanding. Gives full effort, good blocking, good team mate.

Would he have been the solution to our problems? Probably not - but I would have liked to have seen him brought in. $3m for 1 year is too much for a flier on a guy, though. So I'm ok with him going to the Colts.

15. JackBauer

JackBauer Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +6,826
    Only to an extent.

16. Deus Irae

Ratings:
    +54,668
    There is rarely unanimous opinion on this board. There certainly wasn't anything of the sort with regards to Hoyer.

17. signbabybrady

Ratings:
    +11,447
    Because it's absurd. This forum thought Brian Hoyer was worth a first rounder or something equally ridiculous and he was unceremoniously cut.[/QUOTE]

The board also thought Cassell should have been unceremoniously cut and he wound up netting us a 2. Obviously after getting on the field and proving it but the point remains that board was equally wrong in thinking a previous back up was worth nothing.

This is a QB league and Mallett had some issues but had some pedigree too coming out of college and has really done nothing to hurt his stock other than a few amature opinions of his preseason and TC play so it is not abusrd to think he might have slightly upped his stock. Anyone who thinks a one is even more optimistic than me which is hard to do.

18. DocHoliday

DocHoliday In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +166
    Looks like Denario Alexander is the only WR binky left in FA.

19. 50-yard-line

50-yard-line In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6,483
    He's an RFA, though, and San Diego could match. He wouldn't cost a draft pick, like Manny Sanders.

20. Deus Irae

Ratings:
    +54,668
    Raiders sign Tracy Porter | ProFootballTalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.