PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION OFFICIAL NFC CHAMPIONSHIP THREAD - Buccaneers at Packers

Everyone in the media is losing their minds about this call but it didn’t even count right? Because if the 12 man on the field penalty
You mixed up a couple of plays. The 12 men was later. Tampa picked up that key 1st with the DPI.

You mixed up a couple of plays. The 12 men was later. Tampa picked up that key 1st with the DPI.

Not just that but what about the play where adams manhandled his defender an threw him to the ground on 3rd and 1 that directly led to their touchdown?

Only a couple of series before this.

They let both teams play but that last one was so bad that ignoring it would of been insulting to the having the rule in the first place.

Media just cherry picks what matters and doesn't depending on what narrative they want to push.

No, the play where the hold happen, GB had 12 man on the field. After the flag, the league initiated a booth review and added the 12 man penalty. I thought the 12 man canceled the hold but now thinking about it they enforced the hold which gave Tampa a 1st and 10 and enforced the 12 man that gave Tampa 1st and 5

No, the play where the hold happen, GB had 12 man on the field. After the flag, the league initiated a booth review and added the 12 man penalty. I thought the 12 man canceled the hold but now thinking about it they enforced the hold which gave Tampa a 1st and 10 and enforced the 12 man that gave Tampa 1st and 5
No you are confusing the plays. The 12 men happened on the 1st down after the 3rd down DPI conversion:
1611561849732.png

No you are confusing the plays. The 12 men happened on the 1st down after the 3rd down DPI conversion:
View attachment 29948
I just rewatched it, you are right, my bad! I was responding in the thread and I missed the 1st and 10 play.

well no, the no call on the INT was way, way worse

the jersey tug had no bearing on him going to the ground....he dove, which was smart, but that was a bought call that unfortunately had to be made.....but they've let far, far worse go in this one
Calls were let go against against both teams. There were a couple of grabs by TB and a hold and a PI by GB that weren't called. Apparently the NYFL in it's 'wisdom' has decided to let things go in the playoffs. How else could the game go late into the 3rd quarter without a single penalty call?

If I'm throwing blame for the loss at anyone's feet it's the GB HC. Kicking a FG with 2 minutes left and down 8 was the dumbest move I've ever seen. If BB made that kind of mistake we'd want him skinned alive. I could also throw a little blame at Rodgers who could have walked in for a TD on 3rd down.

There's also no guarantee that QB would have scored a TD if they didn't get that obvious call against them. They hadn't been able to do it for most of the end of the game.

Calls were let go against against both teams. There were a couple of grabs by TB and a hold and a PI by GB that weren't called. Apparently the NYFL in it's 'wisdom' has decided to let things go in the playoffs. How else could the game go late into the 3rd quarter without a single penalty call?

If I'm throwing blame for the loss at anyone's feet it's the GB HC. Kicking a FG with 2 minutes left and down 8 was the dumbest move I've ever seen. If BB made that kind of mistake we'd want him skinned alive. I could also throw a little blame at Rodgers who could have walked in for a TD on 3rd down.

There's also no guarantee that QB would have scored a TD if they didn't get that obvious call against them. They hadn't been able to do it for most of the end of the game.
And we can add that Rodgers did nothing after the last two INT by Brady. It’s lazy to put all the blame of the loss on LaFleur shoulders. For me, it is much more about Rodgers than LaFleur.

I think we all need a physics lesson about a jersey stretching 4 feet and not impeding

If you grabbed my shirt I would be running 0 mph, but if you grabbed my shoulder, I'd be running 7 MPH
Darelle Revis perfected the shoulder stiff arm that, if done properly, could slow a WR down a lot, but that's different than a shoulder grab. Revis made millions off of his move.

Can't wait to hear him tomorrow.
It's time like this when I actually pay attention to the dipsticks in the media. It's fun to see them backtrack and move the goalposts... again.

rodgers has no wins, no losses in his career....neither did tom brady

jesus guys, brady is the GOAT, that hasn't been in doubt in my mind since around 2008 or so.......but it's ok what we've lived in an era of great QB's......i mean, **** the forehead, but it's ok that rodgers is a top 10sih all time QB.......i don't get the rodgers hate, it's like some here are threatened that there are other great QB's out there lol

have we always been this bad?
For me the debate about QBs is determined by how they play in big games. IOW, are they clutch. Brady is and so are Wilson and Mahomes. QB's like Brees and Rodgers clearly are not big time performers and their records support that.

Romo called it in the first KC Bucs game that the Bucs were going to the SB.

Last night he said Pats will be back in contention next year. That’s a lot more optimistic than I’d be but hope he’s right about that too.

It was a good game. To bad this thread, like always, turns into BB bashing.
Happy for Tom.
go Pats
It's possible that locking threads with the Bill vs Brady debate has led to the overflow in other threads. I personally support both of them, and after watching the mistakes being made by HCs in these playoffs my support for Bill is as strong as ever. But that doesn't make me happy to see Brady finish his career in another uniform and I think Pats fans have the right to be critical.

Can someone give me Rodgers record now when trailing by 1 or more points in the 4th quarter. I read it was terrible.
He's done it 17 times in his career, but I think he only did it 2 times against teams with a winning record. One of those was the playoff game where they overturned Dez Bryant's TD in 2015 and the other was a win last year against 2-1-1 Detroit. Most of the rest, 11 or 12, were against the little sisters of the poor, either from his division, or teams like 0-3 Cincy, 4-11 NJ, 1-8 Jags, 0-4 NO and 1-5 SF.

“Success apart from each other” is reliant on so many variables aside from TB and BB, it’s frankly a ridiculous comparison, particularly so after a single year. BB is clearly retooling the team, Brady clearly went to a team with a lot of talent, which the Pats clearly don’t have right now. Think.
What makes the comparison ridiculous is that coaches need players to win. As great as Bill is he's struggling without players. Bill himself has said on many occasions that it's a player's league and I believe him. It's that simple.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back