PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION OFFICIAL NFC CHAMPIONSHIP THREAD - Buccaneers at Packers

When you get down 28-10 it’s impossible to come back from that. The Bucs coaching staff was abysmal after that. I think it will be critical for the Bucs to get off to a good start against the chiefs. Can’t spot them 17 points.
That TD to Miller at the half was a dagger. It was over after that play. You could literally hear all the air come out of Lambeau. It was beautiful.

I’m on page 81 it’s I’m dying in tears how stupid do you have to be to think that PI was a bad call. Dude was 3 feet away holding Johnson by his here in plain view for everyone to see but they should let it go wtf

In 2-3 years Tampa Bay will be a cellar team again and Patriots will probably be competitive again. There is no way Bucs can keep current roster together for more than a year or so.

So they shouldn’t have gone for Brady that haha

The Bucs are doing what everyone thought the Rams would do 1-2 years ago with their dream team. Sure the wheels will come off at some point, but they could ride this for a good 2-3 years and get at least 1 SB title out of it.. which is worth it

That will likely be how the Patriots have to operate going forward, even Belichick broke the norm when he admitted they "sold out" for that 5 year period that netted 3 SBs

Mahomes is the only other QB that could challenge Brady's success, but jury is still out on if he can sustain his level of play over a 10+ year period of time. He looks like a totally different QB when Tyreek Hill isn't on the field, and Andy Reid may not be able to stick around as long as BB did with Brady at his age and health

• Agree
Reactions: PP2
I’ve considered it a 1 year “Super Team” like in the NBA

That offense will return the line and even if they let the stone handed Godwin leave they still have Evans/Miller/Johnson/Brate/Gronk and I expect Edelman to be there

I’m on page 81 it’s I’m dying in tears how stupid do you have to be to think that PI was a bad call. Dude was 3 feet away holding Johnson by his here in plain view for everyone to see but they should let it go wtf

Complaining about the correct call being whistled is the new complaining about the correct call not being whistled.

Complaining about the correct call being whistled is the new complaining about the correct call not being whistled.

Ya he held him but they never called it hahah like what so you admit it was a hold

Ya he held him but they never called it hahah like what so you admit it was a hold

I agree that the game was very physical and the refs let players get away with a lot, which in itself is really setting yourself up a controversial call.

On the play in question, the cornerback grabbed Johnnson's jersey. That was a close call, but based on how the game had been called, I think the refs probably would let it go. But then the corner swiped his jersey with her other hand, too. And Johnson fell down. While the ball was in the air headed to him. There's simply no way you can let that go, and if they hadn't called it, it would have been 10X worse as a non-call.

By the way, so much for Blakeman being against Brady, but that little tiff ended years ago (the two have been shown laughing about it) and that stuff is the epitome of fan paranoia. Like when they say something like "Peyton Manning is 7-0 in games reffred by Jerome Boger!!!!" Lol...that's because he usually won games.

That TD to Miller at the half was a dagger. It was over after that play. You could literally hear all the air come out of Lambeau. It was beautiful.
over after that play?

we watched a far different game

The Bucs are doing what everyone thought the Rams would do 1-2 years ago with their dream team. Sure the wheels will come off at some point, but they could ride this for a good 2-3 years and get at least 1 SB title out of it.. which is worth it

That will likely be how the Patriots have to operate going forward, even Belichick broke the norm when he admitted they "sold out" for that 5 year period that netted 3 SBs

Mahomes is the only other QB that could challenge Brady's success, but jury is still out on if he can sustain his level of play over a 10+ year period of time. He looks like a totally different QB when Tyreek Hill isn't on the field, and Andy Reid may not be able to stick around as long as BB did with Brady at his age and health

the question will be is if they have enough players, first and foremost Mahomes, but it will take others, to commit to winning long term......you need that commitment to consistent effort AND you need that commitment to NOT taking the max contract and you need that commitment to the realization that tough business decisions will be made, and that those that stay may not always like them......they are going to run into cap issues, and that will be their demise if they don't have all/most of the above

and i agree on reid

i'm interested to see how their offseason goes......and how they do next season; i really expect them to win #2 this year.......#3 will be the hardest of the 3, and i'm interested to see how they bounce when someone does knock them, also

folks think winning for a sustained period of time is "easy", especially when you have a BB or a Brady......but the more you sustain it, the harder it becomes

What he is trying to say is that the pick didn’t hurt TB much. They were equivalent to punt. They were 40 yards downfield and GB took over at their 32 and 19 yards line. They weren’t picks were GB recover at TB 10 yards line.
I get that, but doing that on 2nd and long or 3rd and short made little sense to me. They were ahead, they needed to shorten the game and keep Rodgers on the sideline. The much-maligned Tampa D bailed him out on two of those.

I don’t really call that a close callView attachment 29953

I'm with you that they made the right call. I just mean that based on the amount of physicality they allowed, that photo itself wasn't necessarily a penalty if it appeared momentary. What I said in the rest of the post, that you didn't include, is that this wasn't just a grab...he held the jersey then switched to the other arm to interfere. So while the intiial jersey grab (in your photo) was arguably a close call in context of the game, the entire sequence was not a close call. It was a clear penalty.

Packers coaches are gutless cowards. You have the MVP with 50 tds this year. 4th down to tie it.

Instead you kick the FG and give the ball back to a guy across the field that has lead game winning drives for the last 20 years on the biggest stages.

Pure idiocy. Worst case you don't get it and give Brady the ball back with poor field position having to move the ball

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back