PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION OFFICIAL NFC CHAMPIONSHIP THREAD - Buccaneers at Packers

Tampa's play calling when up by 11 was ridiculous and nearly cost them. Tampa's defense dug in and held it together.
We see so much of that that it's ridiculous. The Bills had the same stupid play calling last week at the end of the game and that almost cost them.

So there's nothing keeping you here. You're a Tampa Bay fan, not a Pats fan. Don't let the door hit you in the ass.
He sounds more like me, a fan of players over coaches. I think anyone who doesn't support both Brady and Bill after all they've done here is the one with the problem.

When you get down 28-10 it’s impossible to come back from that. The Bucs coaching staff was abysmal after that. I think it will be critical for the Bucs to get off to a good start against the chiefs. Can’t spot them 17 points.

I suspect the Chiefs will stop the run and make Brady beat them. Spagnulo seems to dial up good game plans against Brady. They probably think they'll get a ball or two from Brady.
If they keep going for those bombs instead of first downs he’ll give it to them.

I remember a time... long long ago... in a galaxy far far away... when people were fans of teams. :)
I think that's still the case. When Brady plays the Pats next year I'll be pulling for the Pats, just as I have for 60 years. Anyone who doesn't can't really claim to be a fan of the team.

But for now, with Brady playing in the SB and the Pats eliminated, I'll be pulling for him. He gave us enough great memories to last a lifetime.

I remember a time... long long ago... in a galaxy far far away... when people were fans of teams. :)

Upon further review...

I remember a time when the Pats let Richard Seymour go. There were fans then who weren't happy but stuck with the team.

Before that we had the Bledsoe-Brady wars. I seem to remember that group of fans were very divided. I was in the Brady camp for that one, but I'm still a fan of the team and so are the Bledsholes :)

There's only one fan that I know of who abandoned the Pats and that was over a coach. Richard was a nice guy but left the Pats to follow Tuna Crap and became, get this, a Jets fan. He was the Curtis Martin of fans.

If they keep going for those bombs instead of first downs he’ll give it to them.

The Bucs play calling has change. If brady gets protection he will slice that secondary. The plays will be there for the bucs against that secondary.

Risk/reward...

Also Brady always has options to throw it to a shorter route. He needs to take care of the ball. Take a sack, throw it out of bounds instead of chucking it up for grabs.

I think that's still the case. When Brady plays the Pats next year I'll be pulling for the Pats, just as I have for 60 years. Anyone who doesn't can't really claim to be a fan of the team.

But for now, with Brady playing in the SB and the Pats eliminated, I'll be pulling for him. He gave us enough great memories to last a lifetime.
100% agree... I was referring more to this whole "Brady vs Belichick" virus which seems to be going around. :)

100% agree... I was referring more to this whole "Brady vs Belichick" virus which seems to be going around. :)
Wouldn't even be a mild cold had BB had a QB this last season.

Pushing or letting or hugging it out and parting ways ... However it happened and the speculation is endless...on how brady left...

BB did not have his offense ready. It truly was amazing they almost broke .500..

The only reason for that, was BB s coaching. Had this team been coached by anyone else it would have been a 2 or 3 win team.

He had only one bad INT. The other 2 were effectively punts on 3rd down
?

The picks were on 2nd and 10, 2nd and 11 and 3rd and 2.

Wouldn't even be a mild cold had BB had a QB this last season.

Pushing or letting or hugging it out and parting ways ... However it happened and the speculation is endless...on how brady left...

BB did not have his offense ready. It truly was amazing they almost broke .500..

The only reason for that, was BB s coaching. Had this team been coached by anyone else it would have been a 2 or 3 win team.
I agree but that’s on Bill that we didn’t have a QB and the offense wasn’t ready. Josh too. I can’t separate Gm Bill from the coach anymore.

He isn’t getting the benefit of the doubt starting next year.

?

The picks were on 2nd and 10, 2nd and 11 and 3rd and 2.

What he is trying to say is that the pick didn’t hurt TB much. They were equivalent to punt. They were 40 yards downfield and GB took over at their 32 and 19 yards line. They weren’t picks were GB recover at TB 10 yards line.

that was in an era where teams mattered!

this is a me me individual era these days......

i had a sox/patriots/celtics/bruins banner (remember those) hanging on my wall from about 1974 through the 80's.......from 1974 on, my fandom was set lol

i know so many folks who made the transition from Indy fan to Bronco fan when the forehead left.....made no sense to me then, makes no sense to me now that a Patriots forum has a 500 page thread dedicated to another team

I love Tom Brady, and I'm amazed at all he's done......but to be honest he doesn't hold a place in my fandom heart any more dear than larry bird, or jim rice or ray bourque......i like seeing him have success elsewhere, but.....

What he is trying to say is that the pick didn’t hurt TB much. They were equivalent to punt. They were 40 yards downfield and GB took over at their 32 and 19 yards line. They weren’t picks were GB recover at TB 10 yards line.

they didn't hurt because the TB D stepped and bailed him out

I agree but that’s on Bill that we didn’t have a QB and the offense wasn’t ready. Josh too. I can’t separate Gm Bill from the coach anymore.

He isn’t getting the benefit of the doubt starting next year.
Thats why I feel adamant in drafting a good rookie back up and throwing a hail mary for an affordable veteran bridge QB...

It would be silly to pay one of these veteran guys 20 million a year when Brady could have been had for that and some change.

Hopefully a good rookie QB benches the vet in year one. Not having a qb like new england has had over the last two decades is a rough prospect. Its the only weakness BB had shown in his tenure as gm coach or whatever hat hes wearing..

Man I wish Bobby Grier the GM was shopping for the Patriots groceries.:maybenot:

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back