PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official MNF thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
this whole "they're just part timers" argument is the worst kind of far right justification going throughout this whole mess...let's see, I can NAME off the top of my head a number of head refs,Mike Carey, Hochuli, Pete Morrelli, John Parry, Terry McAulay, Walt Coleman, Steratore, Jeff Triplette, Ronny Winter...jeezus krist, I'll bet I left out a number that I know well just by watching them work...as a part of the TOTAL that is the NFL entertainment juggernaut.

Yes, I would post slams on Triplette being biased or Hochuli flexing on every call but these are OUR refs, we KNOW these guys like we know the star players...they are PART OF THE PACKAGE...name ONE of these replacement refs by name off the top of your head...jezzus krist the refs in Div One never heard of any of them....what the locked refs want is penny ante compared to the NFL bottom line and barely a nick in the skin of their bulging profits...this "part timers" slant is being promoted from the NFL offices and guess who is the head honcho??? It is ALL on him...krist...the buck stops with Goodell.

Until you provide a reasonable explanation, this position holds no merit. The regular officials are to blame, just as the NFL and the owners are.

Feel free to kid yourself that they are not.

Reasonable explanation:

Officials willing to compromise on income
Officials willing to make concessions on retirement moving forward
Officials willing to work under old system during negotiations

I'm not kidding myself here. You're the one who claimed the officials were making outrageous demands without knowing of a single such demand.

Last edited:
No, they're not. The numbers are often irrelevant. This is one such case.

No.

I understand your position. It's just wrong. The officials did nothing wrong. You might as well blame the NFLPA for what's going on in hockey while you're at it.

You still haven't presented anything reasonable other than offering your bias. Good day Deus, we're done here.

Last edited:
Box Score should Read....

4th Quarter 0:00 Russell Wilson TD Pass to Golden Tate *

(* - ******ed Referee Call)

Last edited:
If I was McCarthy I do worse than Bill did last night

...I wait for a Referee to go by towards the locker room and not grab his arm...I aim for the nuts.

Last edited:
The NFL has the right to decide what is commensurate for the refs and subsequently negotiate to those ends. They clearly had an idea of what they were worth...though I have a sense that what is commensurate is being hastily re-evaluated in the league offices at the moment.

Last edited:
If I was McCarthy I do worse than Bill...I wait for a Referee to go by towards te locker room and not grab his arm...I aim for the nuts.
I'm not sure anyone can blame McCarthy for his conduct. The replacement officials blew a clear call costing his team the game.

First the refs gave a game to Baltimore, and now they've given one to Green bay.

refs may have helped baltimore...that was nothing compared to tonight

im officially over the loss last night thanks to this game.

Last edited:
I think the comment about evaluating the inherent value of the regular refs is relevant here. I have been posting that in my view the league has created this very complicated rules regimen, pretty specific to the NFL in its effort to pump up the tires of offense. Now they take that pretty unique and specific package of rules and toss it along with the speed of the pro game at guys that are both unfamiliar with the rules and completely unfamiliar with the speed of the pro game.

This was a train wreck waiting to happen. I can only hope that everybody realizes that it has now happened.

refs may have helped baltimore...that was nothing compared to tonight

im officially over the loss last night thanks to this game.

I don't think I'll ever get over Macho Grande.

I don't think I'll ever get over Macho Grande.

Ted Striker: blah blah blah “that day over Macho Grande”

any other person: “Over Macho Grande?”

Striker: “No, I don’t think I’ll ever get over Macho Grande”

Stop blaming Goodell. Sure, he is implicit and derelict in his duty to select and train better replacement officials, however the regular officials have some pretty outrageous demands.

Both sides are as bad as one another.

Look at it as a holdup. The assailant has a gun pointed at you and, after this weekend, you know it's loaded. So what do you do? You hand over your wallet. Your life is more important than the contents of that wallet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST