PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official MNF thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The point is not whether Goodall is "responsible" for both sides of the argument or not. Bob Kraft was not responsible for pulling both sides of the NFL CBA together either but he took the bull by the horns, adopted a leadership role and got the job done.

It appears to me that Goodall has the same opportunity if not more so here, as he is uniquely positioned to help move this process forward. He appears instead to have chosen to dig in his heels and adopt a combative posture that is simply not helping to move the process forward.

Please name one outrageous demand being made by the officials. Frankly, if I were negotiating for the officials, I might start making some outrageous demands after last night and tonight.
I'm not disagreeing with you Deus. The replacement officials are a farce. The NFL knew the probablity of a lockout may occur. The developed contingency plan is a massive issue, one that Goodell and his administration must answer for. The pressing issue for me is all and sundry are blaming Goodell for everything.

No, more your act is tiresome. Goodell is one major factor in this problem, but he's not the only problem.

then maybe you should put the thread on ignore if it bothers you that much... I refuse to ignore Goodell's continued Reign Of Error and will continue mocking him, as he has mocked us, the fans and just about everybody else who has ever crossed his beady eyed path.

When did wanting to keep what they already have become outrageous in your mind?
Do you think the numbers being floating around are commensurable to the service offered?

If I was Mccarthy I'd flip out on principal... someone needs to stand up and speak the truth about what a joke this has become... Screw the fine he makes plenty I'm sure

I don't know the ins and out of why the refs were locked out, but why aren't any of the owners getting the blame. Doesn't Goodel work for them?

then maybe you should put the thread on ignore if it bothers you that much... I refuse to ignore Goodell's continued Reign Of Error and will continue mocking him, as he has mocked us, the fans and just about everybody else who has ever crossed his beady eyed path.
Take aim at the owners and the regular officials then. They are all to blame. This is one, huge mess.

what a flight home that must be

Do you think the numbers being floating around are commensurable to the service offered?

The numbers are irrelevant, although I've got no problem with them. This is something that was bargained for in previous negotiations. The officials even offered to change the system to a 401k system moving forward, for all new officials, keeping the pension system grandfathered in place only for those who've already gotten that through prior negotiations. We're looking at a pension plan for about 100 people, in a business that has more than $9 billion in earnings.

The league's wrong on this, and I'm sure that they know it. They just don't give a damn.

Last edited:
Take aim at the owners and the regular officials then. They are all to blame. This is one, huge mess.

The regular officials are not to blame, at all.

They are to be blamed for wanting to be able to referee full time instead of having to take on part-time jobs?

Take the value of the difference between the league and the refs and compare it to the value of the league suffering as a result of this farce.

It seems to me the real refs are worth it. Pay them and move on.

The numbers are irrelevant, although I've got no problem with them. This is something that was bargained for in previous negotiations. The officials even offered to change the system to a 401k system moving forward, for all new officials, keeping the pension system grandfathered in place only for those who've already gotten that through prior negotiations. We're looking at a pension plan for about 100 people, in a business that has more than $9 billion in earnings.

The league's wrong on this, and I'm sure that they know it. They just don't give a damn.
The numbers are always relevant Deus.

So you understand my position better, I'm equally frustrated with Goodell, the owners and the officials.

The regular officials are not to blame, at all.
Until you provide a reasonable explanation, this position holds no merit. The regular officials are to blame, just as the NFL and the owners are.

Feel free to kid yourself that they are not.

Last edited:
The numbers are always relevant Deus.

No, they're not. The numbers are often irrelevant. This is one such case.

So you understand my position better, I'm equally frustrated with Goodell, the owners and the officials.

I understand your position. It's just wrong. The officials did nothing wrong. You might as well blame the NFLPA for what's going on in hockey while you're at it.

Dilfer just called drew the classiest guy in the NFL........ I NEED AN EXPLANATION :mad:

Last edited:
imagine if the players started to refuse to play anymore

Rogers in the post game is sort of implying the same thing that some of us have been saying about the Pats-Ravens game. His point only touches on the ref debate tangentially.

Rogers said the his offense should have put up more points when the had the chance and kept the Packers out of that situation at the end.

In a league that rewards aggressive offense, you gotta' win the game with your offense on the field. Don't allow the other offense on the field with the game on the line. In fact, if you think about it, just the way the simultaneous rule is written favors the offense. In truth the simultaneous rule should not have been applied here but it was and it favors the offense.

Tomorrow on nfl.com : Congratulations to the replacement officials on another successful week without incident!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST