PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Game Day Thread- Pats @ Vikings (Thanksgiving game)

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Turducken looks nasty
turducken-supernatural.gif

Finally tried brining the dry bird and damned if it isn't 3000% better. Will never eat turkey without brining it ever again.
How did you brine it!?

How did you brine it!?
Funny enough didn't have a pot big enough so washed out the crisper drawer in the fridge, then 16 cups water to one cup salt then added some aromatics (used peppercorns, dill and bay leaves) - let it soak fully submerged for 48 hours - cooked it normally. Was actually moist and tender even after carving it.

We really missing Dante's inferno. Good luck Pats.

Funny enough didn't have a pot big enough so washed out the crisper drawer in the fridge, then 16 cups water to one cup salt then added some aromatics (used peppercorns, dill and bay leaves) - let it soak fully submerged for 48 hours - cooked it normally. Was actually moist and tender even after carving it.
Sounds awesome ….thanks and glad your bird came out so perfect!

• Agree
Reactions: Ian
Finally tried brining the dry bird and damned if it isn't 3000% better. Will never eat turkey without brining it ever again.

How did you brine it!?

I have been brining for years. Buy a 5 gal orange Home Depot bucket (the turkey fits perfectly in it), then Google for any brine recipe, take out a shelf in the refrigerator and leave the orange bucket in the refrigerator for 2days with the brine (basically salt water with spices). Make sure the brine covers the turkey. I always double the salt from the recipe and use hot chicken broth to ensure the water dissolves the salt.

Here's the keys to Pats winning the game. The offense needs to get into the end zone more than the Vikings offense and the defense needs to stop the Vikings offense from scoring. If we do that, we should win this game.

I think the last time the Pats played on Thanksgiving was the Butt Fumble game, and this happened at halftime:

Sounds like someone put text to voice on the GDT.

man, i wasn't hungry until i started seeing these recipes....

• Agree
I doubt there will be a breakthru game. I think Mac will progressively get incrementally better throughout this year and next. Watching Goff's play should be encouraging.
Break thru game coming for Mac tonight.

I'm feeling it. May be the alcohol though.

• Ha Ha
I can tell you if I was a Vikings fan I would not participate in all that.

Vrabel, O’Connell…who was the third belichick player to coach against him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes