PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Game Day Thread- Pats @ Texans

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I won't ever be mad at a win, I know realistically this team at 1-3 probably isn't making the playoffs (unless it just clicks and they go on a run) but I won't be mad about losses because it will ultimately help in the long run especially if it ends up getting a top 10 pick to go get an OT or WR in the draft. Be in a position to draft a guy (Evan Neal) that is familiar with blocking for Jones, won't say no to that.
In beginning october let s still have an hope...a win today is quite a must

Play Hoyer if the OL is as bad as it looks like it will be. Setting up Mac to fail or get severely injured. The unit was completely non functional when almost perfectly healthy, scared to think what it will look like now.

That feeling when Mac runs play-action behind 4 replacement OL and then turns around to pass:

giphy.gif

Play Hoyer if the OL is as bad as it looks like it will be. Setting up Mac to fail or get severely injured. The unit was completely non functional when almost perfectly healthy, scared to think what it will look like now.

I've seen this idea of playing Hoyer thrown around and it sort of boggles my mind that people genuinely feel that way.

Because the offensive line might not play well due to personnel changes, we should not start our best quarterback? The quarterback who gives the team the best chance to succeed should not play because something bad might happen? On a 1-3 team that needs a win?

I'm not one who's big on "loser mentality" tropes and I understand that sometimes it's smart to be pragmatic, but the idea of playing Hoyer is pretty darn weak, IMO. Do you think Tom Brady would have that mentality - if his starting offensive line was out, that he'd rather not play because the offense might struggle and he might get hurt? Weaksauce.

Show some mental toughness and go out there and execute at a high level with the players who are available.

We’re gonna make the Texans look like world beaters today.

This is one of those games where even if we win I don't think it will tell us much. The texans are that bad... That being said, we need to win or just stick a fork in the season.

We aren’t facing the Bucs run defense this time. If Harris can get the run blocking he could get his opportunities to eat.
Miracles happen, but with this line it’s hard to imagine he’ll be able to run for much of anything.

Shotgun, spread it out, pass pass pass, quick quick quick, Mac may have 50 attempts

This is one of those games where even if we win I don't think it will tell us much. The texans are that bad... That being said, we need to win or just stick a fork in the season.

On the contrary. If they win today, with this back-up o-line in place, it will speak to the intestinal fortitude this team has to over-come adversity.

Amendola is out. That helps compensate a little for the CB injuries.

We started to use Damien way more in pass sets last week. That was really encouraging.
Very interested to see how much that continues today, to what extent rham gets a shot at that, and how much bolden.
I’d also still like to see the 02 personnel, where you can put jonnu in the backfield if you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes