PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Game Day Thread- Pats @ Raiders

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
jeez...a walk-in TD on 3rd and goal...these clowns are supposedly playing for rosters spots?
Not a lot of energy from top to bottom tonight, which is definitely not what we're used to seeing. Hard to believe there used to be one more of these things still to play...feels like one of the longest games we've had to endure in a while. Just painful.

Not a lot of energy from top to bottom tonight, which is definitely not what we're used to seeing. Hard to believe there used to be one more of these things still to play...feels like one of the longest games we've had to endure in a while. Just painful.
Agree. A handful of players showed energy tonight - Judon, Jack Jones, Mac and the other QBs, Schooler, Wilson, McMillan, JJ Taylor - but most of the guys just looked dead out there. You’d think they’d want to show up because, you know, their jobs are on the line. And for some of them, they aren’t on the line but maybe should be. Did the heat drain them? Are they just not buying in? Trent Brown’s tweet this morning about not being able to wait to get back home was ominous. That’s not mental toughness, and I hope that attitude isn’t abundant in the locker rooom.

The offensive line.

That's what it is. We won't see the offense unfold and develop if the offensive line can't hold up. There is a fatal flaw somewhere on that line and I can't tell who it is. They all look meh.

I won't pretend to be some Oline savant so I'll say they all look bad.

Through 3 games only thing I can say with confidence is Jack Jones will be a player. He is always around the ball and trying to make plays.

The rest is a bit fuzzy to me.

It could also be the wine...
the flaw is the number of JAG linemen we will carry into the season. Trent Brown will get nicked up(or just be a malcontent per his M.O.), our center is a functional pro,the rest of these guys? I'm sorry...no amount of Patriot magic fairy dust is going to elevate the play of a Cajuste...same for Herron. With Wynn in limbo that leaves Onwenu and rookie Strange. Run a comparison with any/every other O line in the NFL...what you got is a bottom third Pats O line...at BEST.

Harris stamps his ticket to the PS. Maybe.

K Harris has had a hard time holding onto the ball through the play tonight. Finally gets some runs and he runs himself right off the team.

Watching the Raiders broadcast is awful BTW ... not a fan of the home team being the automatic team for the broadcasts in preseason and obviously syncing up the audio from the radio is impossible.

Did any of the bubble guys separate themselves in a positive way tonight? Ekaule showed up well on some plays, I think he was being kept anyway because of the suspension. Schooler already made the team I think but looked good again.

Reactions: Ian
23-6...wake up call, our 1sts against their 2nd.
I'd say a disgrace, but time left to fix this nonsense.
LFG PATS! ♥️

Quick takes:
• Keyed in on Strange and saw some good things as it relates to long term prognosis, It feels like the OL cohesively is playing weaker than it’s parts. Sucks seeing Onwenu and Wynn regress though
• Hopefully someone like a Taylor, Ekuale, or Ray doesn’t lose a roster spot to one of the special teams only guys. Keep Schooler if it’ll satisfy Bill’s hardy for special teams, but there’s a few who feel like they should move on from. Obviously special teams matter, but so do the other phases of the game
• What the funk was with punting seemingly every time at 4th and short at mid field? How many punt team reps do they need? Didn’t realize it was a playoff game with the conservative decision
• Uneasy on the off-line/inside LBs still, even with added speed. No hate on Bentley, but this guy keeps getting touted as some heady veteran at LB. Far cry from the likes of the guys who played the position on this team in the last 20 years who were labeled as the top guy. Bruschi, Mayo, Hightower…Bentley? One of these is not like the others
• Like the potential of both Jones rookie CBs. Really deep there and at safety and going to be some tough cuts. Jon Jones at outside CB is interesting but sort of makes sense when picking through it

Definitely a wake up call. Hopefully this reality check yields better results in two weeks ... should be an interesting year ;)

LOL, it's only 11pm? Feels like it should be way later, especially with the 8:15pm start. :rolleyes:

LOL, it's only 11pm? Feels like it should be way later, especially with the 8:15pm start. :rolleyes:
Yeah. This game went by pretty quick. Cowboys-Seattle game started before ours and they still have more than 4 minutes left.

I love the Patriots. Far too many decades of emotional investment in teams with fatal flaws but still...always could count on bright spots to give me hope better days are ahead. I have no idea what the hell I'm looking at this season. So far Jones seems to be the same Jones he was last season with the same skill set. OK, an adequate game manager" I'm OK with that BUT you better show some kind of offensive dominance somewhere...I fail to see it anywhere. I also fail to see how in blazes THIS secondary is going to match-up with the speed and skills of the Miami O...nevermind the Bills, who you must acknowledge, destroyed the Pats at the end of the season. The Jete have skill and speed at WR too and could really pose problems with Jump Ball Joe at QB. We may be looking at the cellar here in 2022. I don't know about you but I take little comfort in the idea that we have "a really great safety group!!!". Our starting corners are candidates for asbestos fire ******ant uniforms

I still can’t fathom that Belichick hired Patricia to run the office. This is just asinine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down