PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread OFFICIAL Game Day Thread- Browns @ Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if Wynn played some LG in practice this week.

I'm hoping we go with 6 OL today, extra man on the left side to deal with Garrett. Browns don't move him around at all (which is pretty stupid). I have a feeling that's what LaCosse was activated for. We'll see.
So that makes me expect to see Trent at LT, at least rotating to change things up and give Wynn some breathers against Garrett.

Hopefully Stevenson isn’t held back too much with the injury. If this game plays out the way many of us are thinking, it’s going to be one helluva slugfest for the offense. If they can pull off this win, it has the chance to be an identity defining statement game.

i don’t think he’ll be held back, they seem pretty strict with concussion protocols now so if he’s playing he should be good to go.

I will note that the Browns are without starting Center JC Tretter and DE Tak McKinley. On offense, not having Tretter AND Chubb will put more pressure on their offense and on Mayfield. Having ejected Beckham, one has to wonder if this will get Hooper and Njoku into the offense more. That could be a big problem for the Pats with Collins not here.

On defense, not having Tak McKinley may hurt their run defense, but they still have Malik Jackson, Jadeveon Clowney, and Myles Garrett. Their secondary aren't slouches either. This is going to be a real test for Jones.

i don’t think he’ll be held back, they seem pretty strict with concussion protocols now so if he’s playing he should be good to go.
I hope so, but he didn’t practice at all this week if I remember correctly. Might be a sign that they were letting him rest up or might lead to them limiting his snaps?

Wonder if Wynn played some LG in practice this week.
I wouldn't be surprised if Onwenu was back at LG with Brown at RT. As long as we don't see any plays where Shaq Mason pulls off the O-line to block the back-side DE, I think the Pats should be good..

I hope so, but he didn’t practice at all this week if I remember correctly. Might be a sign that they were letting him rest up or might lead to them limiting his snaps?

correct, he was out all week under the protocol im assuming. But should be fine now as he was cleared

Having ejected Beckham, one has to wonder if this will get Hooper and Njoku into the offense more. That could be a big problem for the Pats with Collins not here.
Gotta think this is going to be a big game of cat and mouse with Duggar or Phillips in pass coverage on the TE’s and RB’s out of the backfield.

I will note that the Browns are without starting Center JC Tretter and DE Tak McKinley. On offense, not having Tretter AND Chubb will put more pressure on their offense and on Mayfield. Having ejected Beckham, one has to wonder if this will get Hooper and Njoku into the offense more. That could be a big problem for the Pats with Collins not here.

On defense, not having Tak McKinley may hurt their run defense, but they still have Malik Jackson, Jadeveon Clowney, and Myles Garrett. Their secondary aren't slouches either. This is going to be a real test for Jones.
Is Tretter out? I don't see him on CLE's inactives list.

I kinda/sorta predicted that Smith would be a surprise inactive (pats self on back).

Don’t sleep on Asiasi today. I predict that he will have at least one big play (of the positive variety) in this game. He and Mac seemed to have a pretty good rapport in the preseason. And no, I’m not joking.

They're not really gonna bench Onwenu are they lol. Surely it must be just for practice...

Edit: Maybe Onwenu is gonna be a 6th OL? But he would be on the right side, most likely, whereas trouble's gonna come from the left...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes