PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT Official Draft Day LIVE Discussion Thread - Night 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Missing on/ignoring TE position over last several years is the closest to malpractice of BB NE tenure..

And this class is not changing that..

The tight end classes the last two years have been extremely bad but for Fant and Hockenson who they had no chance to get. This is a historically awful tight end class.

So this kid has shrunk 2 inches since the Pats picked him, first post was 6’3” then 6’2” and now 6’ 1”

What happened did he take his Timberlands off?

Winnfield to Tampa Bay...damn

Cole Kmet plays slow, can't get open against linebackers in man coverage in college, isn't much of a blocker, and runs high so will have a short career a la Tyler Eifert. He's got a pretty body though.

Cant get open in college vs man coverage is literally a requirement to be drafted here

I like Phil Perry's comparison of this pick, Dugger, to Jamie Collins. I hope it works out.

CBS like him.

But is "Think Patrick Chung" code for he'll be better for the Pats the 2nd time around? Just wait 6 yrs

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200424-200115_CBS Sports.jpg
    Screenshot_20200424-200115_CBS Sports.jpg
    489.7 KB · Views: 4
With Kmet gone I would try and throw one of our 6’s to the Bears for Adam Shaheen. They just signed Jimmy Graham and have a ton of TE’s on their roster. Could be a good buy low candidate.

Shaheen is really awful

And to think I wrote after the Sanu trade that at least we wouldn’t have to worry about picking a Second Round DB we never heard of....

From Jerry Thornton
"It might have been easy to dismiss Dugger's explosive tackling, cover skills, size and speed when he was doing it all in Hickory, NC. But as South Bend learned the hard way at the Butler Field House in 1954, don't ever underestimate the guys from Hickory. More to the point, so did everyone at the Senior Bowl where Duggan looked just as dominant. He's got range, he's the flat out best hitter in the 2020 safety class. And versatile enough he could probably transfer his skills to the corner, though he's said no teams he's met with have mentioned that. Oh, and if you like touchdowns without having your offense on the field, he did a lot of that too, with six career punt return TDs. He's expected to be a Round 2 pick, and he'll be one of the most interest picks regardless of where he ends up."

Barstool Sports

You want Jerry Thornton on that wall. You need Jerry Thornton on that wall!

I would love to know how many of those knocking the Dugger pick have watched a second of Dugger tape.

I think people are more upset of who the Pats could have taken instead, while getting Dugger with one of their many picks later on. I'm sure Dugger is a good player.

Bucs got Winfield

Great pick for them

I would love to know how many of those knocking the Dugger pick have watched a second of Dugger tape.
None. Only the people who have actually studied the prospects have a clue. And the word is that he is projected second with very good physical tools.

I really wish I knew why his valuation formula keeps telling him to draft DBs in the second round. That said, right now he could play in Harmon's spot this year (although Chung's spot is a more natural fit).
There is a very good argument for this.
Corner is a critical position. Corner is a position that is very hard to project from college to the nfl, probably the hardest because of the difference in the game and the level of competition.
If you never pick in the top half of the first round you have no chance at the sure thing. In the second you have a shot at the close, but warts guys with upside but risk. If you pick a lot of them your chances of building a strong unit improves.
I’m sure there are counter arguments as well.

LOL please, remove Bills balls from your mouth.

He just drafted a 24 year old, 6 year college playing D2 special teamer in the second. It’s a bust pick at #37 and not defendable in the slightest.

He’s a bust who hasn’t played one down in the NFL? Between you assholes and the athlete jock sniffers, there’s a reason why I cannot stand following sports sometimes.

Missing on/ignoring TE position over last several years is the closest to malpractice of BB NE tenure..

And this class is not changing that..

Almost like this is not a coincidence and they have devalued that position in terms of how many resources they want to put into it.

TE Trautman please

I think people are more upset of who the Pats could have taken instead, while getting Dugger with one of their many picks later on. I'm sure Dugger is a good player.

Dugger would have been selected long before 71. This isn't Tavon Wilson or Duron Harmon, he was widely considered a top-50 prospect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents