PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2022 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

2006 AFCCG but that's after the defense had a giant meltdown, the face guarding, and Reche Caldwell. Also there was like 30 seconds left down a touchdown.
Amazingly, I can't think of another.

Isn't it odd that Blunder Bill demands that kind of perfection from his QB but chased away the best ever at it?

2006 AFCCG but that's after the defense had a giant meltdown, the face guarding, and Reche Caldwell. Also there was like 30 seconds left down a touchdown.
Threw a pick six In his last game as a Patriot.

Threw two picks in SB 49 and one each in SB 38, SB 51 and SB 53 (wins)
Threw one in SB 46 (loss)

Bowls is worried about TB12 throwing a pic with the game on the line? Has Brady ever done that in 23 years. Oh wait, I think he did it once in Denver 17 years ago. Okay, it's time to flush.
The Pats were down that game so passing was a must. The better question is has Brady ever thrown a pick in the 4th qtr or OT when the game was tied or he had the lead?

If Tom Brady needs an actual OC where does that leave Mac Jones, who doesn't have one? Maybe that's the reason Jones is struggling.

Well I think the thing is, Brady can be his own OC and play at a very high level. One of the few guys in the league's history who can, at least since the modern passing game really became a thing in the early 80s. Because back in the 60s-70s it was just backyard football sometimes on offense. But why do that? There isn't anyone great who still can't benefit from an additional perspective or at least a wall to bounce ideas off of.

And frankly Charlie Weiss is too often left out of the discussion regarding Brady's early development. Not saying the guy was a Hall of Fame coordinator but he was good, and Brady respected the hell out of him. And that was enough.

Threw a pick six In his last game as a Patriot.

Threw two picks in SB 49 and one each in SB 38, SB 51 and SB 53 (wins)
Threw one in SB 46 (loss)

Yes but none of those interceptions directly lost the game. And in the case of SB46 it was basically an arm punt. And in the case of the 2019 Titans game well, it was like 10 seconds left from their own freaking 1 yard line.

In the 2006 AFCCG you can at least make the argument that down a TD with 30-40 seconds whatever it was is not an impossible situation. Unlikely, but not impossible. And so that was a game ending pick.

The point is Brady very rarely blows a game due to throwing an interception. very rarely.

While the Pats struggle we can relive the glory days through Brady. Brady had to throw four TD's in 3 minutes to get two of them to count. The pass to Evans would have been caught but he got interfered with so Brady had to throw another to his TE. Then the TD to Godwin got called back because of a holding call. Brady threw another TD to (Smith?) Damn Brady is clutch!

Last edited:
It takes both coaching and players to win. Players are more important but that doesn't mean good coaching isn't also important.

Bruce Arians was a good HC, that's all this season has proven.
not to forget he was head coach of the year 2x for two diff teams..

Huge game this weekend vs the 49ers. If the Bucs are gunning for the #3 seed then this is a must-win game. A win puts them one game behind the 49ers but with the tie-breaker in hand if it were to end on that. Bucs also have the tie-breaker over the other West team who could win that division (Seattle). If the Bucs finish 10-7 then they would need the 49ers to go 2-3 over their last five and Seattle to go 3-2. Even with Purdy I really don't see the 49ers finishing worse than 11-6 so the Bucs probably need to win out. Given the state of the team, that's a tall task. Starts with @SF.

I think the #3 seed is a much better spot because they avoid Dallas in the wild card and would have a far more favorable matchup (NYG, WAS or SEA). It also probably means Minnesota in the divisional round and that horrible Vikings defense is getting bounced there. NFCCG at Philadelphia... that's not going to be an unwinnable spot for anyone. I'm not giving up on a Super Bowl appearance for the Bucs just yet.

Bucs back at practice this morning. Antoine Winfield in attendance but doesn’t look like he’s participating. No Mike Edwards yet either. Sean Murphy-Bunting looked to be practicing. Still no Tristan Wirfs.

Andy Dalton was pretty efficient vs that Bucs secondary. We could really use some of these DBs back in time for SF's weaponry. Zyon McCollum in particular hasn't looked ready for the NFL. Keanu Neal has looked decent... great pass breakup to get Brady the ball back for the game-winning drive.

Huge game this weekend vs the 49ers. If the Bucs are gunning for the #3 seed then this is a must-win game. A win puts them one game behind the 49ers but with the tie-breaker in hand if it were to end on that. Bucs also have the tie-breaker over the other West team who could win that division (Seattle). If the Bucs finish 10-7 then they would need the 49ers to go 2-3 over their last five and Seattle to go 3-2. Even with Purdy I really don't see the 49ers finishing worse than 11-6 so the Bucs probably need to win out. Given the state of the team, that's a tall task. Starts with @SF.

I think the #3 seed is a much better spot because they avoid Dallas in the wild card and would have a far more favorable matchup (NYG, WAS or SEA). It also probably means Minnesota in the divisional round and that horrible Vikings defense is getting bounced there. NFCCG at Philadelphia... that's not going to be an unwinnable spot for anyone. I'm not giving up on a Super Bowl appearance for the Bucs just yet.
Im not sure they want to avoid dallas. Brady has never lost to Dallas and they beat them pretty bad this year.

Im not sure they want to avoid dallas. Brady has never lost to Dallas and they beat them pretty bad this year.
If the options are NYG, WAS, SEA or DAL then for sure I'd rather avoid the clear best team of that bunch, which is DAL. So I'm purely basing it on strength of the opponent. If they don't get DAL in the wild card then I hope they get them later on because that means it's the NFCCG at Tampa Bay, which would be quite the turn of events considering how inept the Bucs have looked at times this season.

Short list of players on Bucs’ initial injury report. Vita Vea now dealing with a shoulder injury as well.

FjZ9pGSXEAkDv2E

I literally cannot recall the last time I believed that it was incredibly unlikely that a Brady led team was going to go into their next game and win. Seriously, when was the last time? I’m not talking Vegas odds, of course Brady’s been a points underdog tons of times over the past 21 years. And there have been many games where it’s been “well it’ll be difficult for sure but there’s no reason why we can’t win.” I’m talking about how we know ahead of time that Tom Brady and his team are in all likelihood going to lose this game and it will be a legitimate shock if they don’t.

Feels like some alternate universe.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back