PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2022 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

I literally cannot recall the last time I believed that it was incredibly unlikely that a Brady led team was going to go into their next game and win. Seriously, when was the last time? I’m not talking Vegas odds, of course Brady’s been a points underdog tons of times over the past 21 years. And there have been many games where it’s been “well it’ll be difficult for sure but there’s no reason why we can’t win.” I’m talking about how we know ahead of time that Tom Brady and his team are in all likelihood going to lose this game and it will be a legitimate shock if they don’t.

Feels like some alternate universe.
Are we afraid of Brock Purdy? SF has the much better overall team but there's a huge gap at the quarterback position. It'll be low scoring, close late, and probably Brady will have a chance to win the game with one or two clutch 4th quarter drives.

Are we afraid of Brock Purdy? SF has the much better overall team but there's a huge gap at the quarterback position. It'll be low scoring, close late, and probably Brady will have a chance to win the game with one or two clutch 4th quarter drives.
This isn't a fundamentals sorta defense led by 'do your job' mantra man BB. This is an over aggressive defense that plays like hot garbage against bad quarterbacks often. Rookie QBs go into NE and see ghosts, but not in TB. If this guy gets the ball out quick they can put up points and if they hit 20 it's over. They've been playing pretty well overall so we shall see but you know SF will attack certain undisciplined defenders underneath and force them to make hard tackles in space over and over again.

I am afraid of literally anyone who can throw a spiral.

This isn't a fundamentals sorta defense led by 'do your job' mantra man BB. This is an over aggressive defense that plays like hot garbage against bad quarterbacks often. Rookie QBs go into NE and see ghosts, but not in TB. If this guy gets the ball out quick they can put up points and if they hit 20 it's over. They've been playing pretty well overall so we shall see but you know SF will attack certain undisciplined defenders underneath and force them to make hard tackles in space over and over again.
Tampa has the talent to be a SB contender and beat anyone. They also have been very bad at times and can lose to the worst of teams.

What it comes down to against SF is whether Brady and the WRs can finally connect over a full game There's been lots of missed TDs. Sometime they were drops by the receiver or bad route running. Some short or overthrown balls too. In defense of Brady, some of the overthrown balls were because the receivers were running slower than expected or looking back too much.

Last edited:
Maybe he could have picked a less… zesty… picture of his son? Poor kid is getting roasted in the comments.

I'd love to see a breakout game from Julio now that he seems to be fully healthy.

With Evans, Godwin, and Jones all relatively healthy, can this be the game where the Bucs put up over 30 points even against the league's best D?

I'd love to see a breakout game from Julio now that he seems to be fully healthy.

With Evans, Godwin, and Jones all relatively healthy, can this be the game where the Bucs put up over 30 points even against the league's best D?
I doubt it. Not against that pass rush with the way the line has played. But they should be able to do enough to win, especially since they know they’ll be prepping for Purdy and not JAG.

Keys to the game:

1. On O: Control McCaffrey
2. On D: Control Bosa

Good luck with that.

Normally you would think so however this hasn't been a season of expectations met. Julio looks healthy, and he's playing well, but he's not a focal point of the offense. I'd give him more targets but Leftwich is the OC so who knows. Godwin is working hard, you can see he gives 100% on every play, and he doesn't tap out like Evans. But still Godwin doesn't look like himself pre-ACL and he probably won't until next season. Evans is a mystery this season... even on the key PI on Sunday he didn't seem to fight through the contact enough. He's not going full speed on every play and he's tapping out like it's no one's busy. Aside from that, Gage has been a disappointment and Miller can't get out of the doghouse. Good contributions from the rookie TEs and Rachaad White in the passing game though.

As for 30 against that SF defense... seems very unlikely. 20 might be enough to win the game so let's shoot for that.

Maybe he could have picked a less… zesty… picture of his son? Poor kid is getting roasted in the comments.

Zesty? WTF?

Anonymity of the internet brings out the bully in people.

Sources: The #Falcons are looking to the future, making a QB switch to rookie Desmond Ridder as the starter.

This is a cool point -- Bucs are in position to play against six different QBs in their six division games. It'd be hard to find an authoritative list, but I can't imagine this has happened much at all since the current NFL divisional model in 2002.

So Godwin had just three catches in the first three games, limited by injury, but now has 68 catches for 648 yards. Continue his recent per-game average and he'll still get to 104 catches this season.

This is actually bad, IMO, because of how it reflects on the health and talent of the rest of the receiving corps.

Zesty? WTF?

Anonymity of the internet brings out the bully in people.
To be fair, I could bully people in real life, too. Benefits of having a boxing background coupled with BJJ. That said, I’m not trying to bully the kid. Go look at the comments for where that came from. If your comment wasn’t meant for me, then my apologies for misunderstanding.

To be fair, I could bully people in real life, too. Benefits of having a boxing background coupled with BJJ. That said, I’m not trying to bully the kid. Go look at the comments for where that came from. If your comment wasn’t meant for me, then my apologies for misunderstanding.
Is BJJ when you're getting a BJ while giving one?

One more Chris Godwin stat: He has 33 catches in the last four games -- only player in the NFL with more in that span is Lions' Amon-Ra St. Brown, with 37.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
Back