PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2022 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Brazilians everywhere have now been triggered...
Just judging by the kind of dudes that show up at my gym, at least, I think they’d probably find it funny. The Gracie Family might be triggered, though.

To be fair, I could bully people in real life, too. Benefits of having a boxing background coupled with BJJ. That said, I’m not trying to bully the kid. Go look at the comments for where that came from. If your comment wasn’t meant for me, then my apologies for misunderstanding.
I meant the people in the comments.

While the Pats struggle we can relive the glory days through Brady. Brady had to throw four TD's in 3 minutes to get two of them to count. The pass to Evans would have been caught but he got interfered with so Brady had to throw another to his TE. Then the TD to Godwin got called back because of a holding call. Brady threw another TD to (Smith?) Damn Brady is clutch!
I just re-watched the condensed version of the Pats win at KC in the 2018 AFCCG. Brady had some amazing clutch throws in that game too. Luckily he had Edelman, Gronk and James White (he was incredible) to catch those passes.

I'd love to see a breakout game from Julio now that he seems to be fully healthy.

With Evans, Godwin, and Jones all relatively healthy, can this be the game where the Bucs put up over 30 points even against the league's best D?
only way this team is going to score 30 is going full 2012 Pats no huddle for most of the game it seems

idk if the numbers were correct but I saw a tweet saying the Bucs had the 3rd ranked offense when going no huddle (mostly Brady) and like the 26th ranked or something when playing normally (mostly Leftwich)

C/ATTYDSAVGTDINTSACKSQBRRTG
11/201376.9020-039.236.9

What a bad game by Carr.
It looks like the Raiders postseason hope is done with the loss to the Rams.

The door to Vegas has just flung open for Brady.

C/ATTYDSAVGTDINTSACKSQBRRTG
11/201376.9020-039.236.9

What a bad game by Carr.
It looks like the Raiders postseason hope is done with the loss to the Rams.

The door to Vegas has just flung open for Brady.

why would he want to play for Josh "dollar menu" MickeyD as HC.

If I'm Brady I just wouldn't want to play in the AFC West.

why would he want to play for Josh "dollar menu" MickeyD as HC.
Brady only has limited options if he wants to play next year. Vegas is not a bad option, they have a top 3 receiver in Devante Adams and he's had lots of success with McDaniels.

Maybe they had differences in 2019 as they were both having a rough year due to the crappy talent they had to work with, but Josh was not the reason Brady left. Brady wanted a multiyear contract and BB wanted to go year by year.

If I’m Brady and Stafford retires I go to the Rams. He’ll also be able to spite the 49ers twice.

Bucs have forced 2 turnovers in last 8 games - only seven teams ever have managed 2 or less in any 8-game span in Super Bowl era. They have the best record in those spans:

2022 Bucs 4-4
2018 49ers 3-5
2022 Rams 2-6
2018 Bucs 1-7
2016 Jaguars 1-7
2021 Jaguars 0-8
2019 Panthers 0-8

If I’m Brady and Stafford retires I go to the Rams. He’ll also be able to spite the 49ers twice.
Maybe the Rams found their guy in Baker Mayfield if he keeps playing like last night.

Maybe the Rams found their guy in Baker Mayfield if he keeps playing like last night.
Really doubtful imo, but he does have these types of games from time to time. I remember when they inserted him as a rookie and he took over the game and won. That was also a fun one to watch.

Baker has not been able to sustain any success in his NFL career. He had a special night last night but the good aren't likely to keep rolling through the end of the season. If Stafford is finished then the Rams become a real possibility for Brady.

only way this team is going to score 30 is going full 2012 Pats no huddle for most of the game it seems

idk if the numbers were correct but I saw a tweet saying the Bucs had the 3rd ranked offense when going no huddle (mostly Brady) and like the 26th ranked or something when playing normally (mostly Leftwich)
They absolutely should be employing the no huddle more often. Certainly more than just when they need it. Bowles suggested he didn't like overusing the no huddle because it puts more pressure on his defense. What the dummy doesn't think of is if that's how his offense can be most successful, and score some real points like 27+, then it increases the team's chances of winning. Last I checked the team with the most points wins the game. Bowles apparently is more concerned with having a better rested defense.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back