PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2022 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Texans cut WR Chris Conley, which could give ex-Buc Tyler Johnson a chance at a bigger role. Made his Houston debut Sunday, four snaps, no targets.

Uh-oh, looks like something with TB12 has you lashing out in a tizzy. Is it the rotator cuff tear, or fear that Gisele's divorce demands might distract him? Maybe both? Que lastima. :(
Vete a lavarte el culo mama guevo.

“Preparation, you know, the biggest thing is preparation and practice,” Bowles said. “You’ll play how you practice. With all the movement last week, I don’t think we prepped as well as we should have or as well as some people could have. But preparation will be the key this week.”

Bowles’s comments echo things said by multiple players before the game, with the Noah’s Ark gathering of family and pets in Miami creating anything but normal circumstances for the team.

Todd Bowles: Hurricane relocation impacted preparation for Chiefs game - ProFootballTalk

The NFL’s “Concussion Game Day Checklist” consists of a flow chart that commences with a first step: “Player receives impact to the head.”

In the case of Buccaneers tight end Cameron Brate, the NFL contends that step one didn’t happen.

“Immediately following the game, the NFL contacted team and unaffiliated medical personnel to gather information concerning the injury sustained by Tampa Bay’s Cameron Brate,” the NFL said in a statement provided to PFT. “The league reviewed the information with the NFL Players Association. Based on the standardized gameday reports, it is clear to both parties that the spotters in the booth concluded that Brate was hit in the shoulder and therefore did not trigger the concussion protocols. As soon as medical personnel identified concussion symptoms, they removed Brate from the game.”

The NFL Players Association has informed PFT that it reviewed the situation as well, and that it backs that assessment.

NFL: Spotters concluded Cameron Brate was hit in the shoulder, not the head - ProFootballTalk

Florio's being an *******...... again.

Bowles: “You’ll play how you practice."

Translation: D practiced like ass.

He's an ass.

I'm all for player safety and removing players that suffer a concussion during the game. However, the best way to avoid concussions is not to play. We saw multiple players retire early a few years back when the real concussion reports first came out. It's a risk that these players understand. If they choose to play the game, they know they're taking a risk. It certainly doesn't help having players perform on TNF just 4 days after a game. It definitely doesn't help them having to play an extra game.

Anyone that believes the linemen aren't suffering concussions during games is naive.

This is just a bunch of fake outrage while not really doing anything to prevent the concussions. It just seems hypocritical.

He's an ass.

I'm all for player safety and removing players that suffer a concussion during the game. However, the best way to avoid concussions is not to play. We saw multiple players retire early a few years back when the real concussion reports first came out. It's a risk that these players understand. If they choose to play the game, they know they're taking a risk. It certainly doesn't help having players perform on TNF just 4 days after a game. It definitely doesn't help them having to play an extra game.

Anyone that believes the linemen aren't suffering concussions during games is naive.

This is just a bunch of fake outrage while not really doing anything to prevent the concussions. It just seems hypocritical.
Florio and most media members (including former players) are just rolling with whatever maximizes website clicks and retweets.

He might want to but I can’t believe he'll be able to play at a high level for more than 1 year. Nobody wants to see a mediocre Brady in 2 or 3 years, most of all the man himself.
I'm not so sure of that. I think there are plenty of fans who want to see him fail. As crazy as it sounds, some are Pats fans.

I’m fine with a 48 year old Brady playing as the 10th best QB in the game if he wants. That’s still good football.

Wouldn't that be something if Brady's NFL career ends after BB's coaching career.

Wouldn't that be something if Brady's NFL career ends after BB's coaching career.
It could be a tie.

Now that Gisselle is sionara, if Brady wins a SB this year, does he ride off in the sunset or does he go I can still do it?

For BB, if the ship doesn't turn around, I think 2023 will be the last year. I don't see the ship turning around this year or next. Too many holes.

It could be a tie.

Now that Gisselle is sionara, if Brady wins a SB this year, does he ride off in the sunset or does he go I can still do it?
It depends on how well he plays.

As I stated before, I don't think they are getting divorced because Tom came back another season. I think he came back another season because they are getting divorced.

If reports are true, then these problems have been going on for most of the past year. My theory is that Brady announced his retirement earlier this year but then discovered his retiring wasn't going to save the marriage. At that point he probably said "well if me retiring won't save the marriage, then why should I bother retiring?"

It depends on how well he plays.

As I stated before, I don't think they are getting divorced because Tom came back another season. I think he came back another season because they are getting divorced.

If reports are true, then these problems have been going on for most of the past year. My theory is that Brady announced his retirement earlier this year but then discovered his retiring wasn't going to save the marriage. At that point he probably said "well if me retiring won't save the marriage, then why should I bother retiring?"
Intuitively that makes more sense instead of the reverse. It will be interesting to see which narrative sticks.

Tom Brady will never be as good of a husband as Joe Montana. After all, Montana has been married 3 times and Brady only once.

Oh my god it is beyond any possible hyperbole to contrast the lives of modern day pro athletes to the era of pre TMZ, pre Entertainment Tonight, pre Page 6, and most importantly pre internet lol. Wilt is only infamous because he was bold enough to brag.

What a wonderful era

Can't they just come out and say "I've lost a step and am no longer the football player I once was, so I'm retiring to spend time with my family"

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Back