PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2022 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Bucs say that Todd Bowles is not with the team today, due to personal reasons. Harold Goodwin will take questions from the media today after practice. Bowles is expected back with the team Thursday.

Tom Brady is not practicing today. Here in a t-shirt watching. Not sure if they’ll call it a rest day or cite his shoulder, which he played through Sunday after taking a hit vs. Chiefs.

Bucs are back at practice. No sign of Cameron Brate (concussion) or Logan Ryan (foot). But Carlton Davis, Chris Godwin, Breshad Perriman are all practicing. Looks like Julio Jones will practice today as well.

Donovan Smith was practicing, looked as normal today. He played every snap Sunday after missing two games with his elbow injury.

Also didn't see Bucs DL Akiem Hicks at practice today. He's missed two games since injuring his plantar fascia vs. the Saints. Initial reporting was missing a month, but Bucs didn't put him on injured reserve.

You guys ask a lot about why Kyle Rudolph is inactive. Bowles said that they prefer having the two rookies dressed (Otton and Kieft) because they also help on special teams, wherein Rudolph doesn't play on teams. They're not utilizing the tight ends much either way so far.

I suppose it’s time to pull out one of the most underrated stats in all of sports: This week, Tom Brady will attempt to avoid his first three-game losing streak in 20 years. Brady has lost more than two games in a row only ONE time in his career — all the way back in 2002.

So CB Carlton Davis (stinger) is suited up and practicing today. Good sign obviously.

It could be a tie.

Now that Gisselle is sionara, if Brady wins a SB this year, does he ride off in the sunset or does he go I can still do it?

For BB, if the ship doesn't turn around, I think 2023 will be the last year. I don't see the ship turning around this year or next. Too many holes.
Seems unlikely now that Brady will retire from the NFL after this season. If he presumably sacrificed what was left of his marriage to continue playing football then I don't think he's prepared to have traded his marriage for one more season. Remember Brady's a free agent and he will have a handful of attractive landing spots... San Francisco, New Orleans, Miami... dark horse (Detroit)... or staying put in Tampa Bay.

Belichick is not winning another Super Bowl. Not in New England anyway and I doubt he's got enough left in him to coach elsewhere. You can start with the Patriots being rather mediocre, with a franchise quarterback who's not going to raise the bar on his own (like Brady did for multiple seasons).

Then you can look at the division, which has one of the best quarterbacks (Allen) and teams (Buffalo) in the NFL. Then there's the question of how good is Miami really... they've beaten the Patriots 4 games in a row now and they're loaded with talent on offense. Tua's the wildcard for Miami... can he be a legitimate franchise quarterback? The apparent skillset says probably not but his start to this season was terrific... we'll see if he can eventually return from the concussion and continue to play at a pro bowl level. If not then maybe Miami renews their pursuit of Brady in the offseason.

Finally there's the conference which is totally stacked with young elite caliber quarterbacks. And many of those quarterbacks are surrounded by requisite talent. So in summary, the division is likely to be dominated by Buffalo for the next few seasons anyway, the conference is loaded with playoff caliber teams with elite quarterbacks, and the Patriots are not exceptional enough (except for perhaps their running game). Belichick will not be renaming his boat again.

Seems unlikely now that Brady will retire from the NFL after this season. If he presumably sacrificed what was left of his marriage to continue playing football then I don't think he's prepared to have traded his marriage for one more season.
I agree. That's why my theory is (if we believe many of the reports that are out there) the marriage was headed over a cliff anyway.... so he said "screw it, why should I bother retiring when it won't save the marriage?"

Since Bowles is mysteriously absent should we wildly speculate that his heart isn’t in this and he’s a distraction for the team?

Seems unlikely now that Brady will retire from the NFL after this season. If he presumably sacrificed what was left of his marriage to continue playing football then I don't think he's prepared to have traded his marriage for one more season. Remember Brady's a free agent and he will have a handful of attractive landing spots... San Francisco, New Orleans, Miami... dark horse (Detroit)... or staying put in Tampa Bay.

Belichick is not winning another Super Bowl. Not in New England anyway and I doubt he's got enough left in him to coach elsewhere. You can start with the Patriots being rather mediocre, with a franchise quarterback who's not going to raise the bar on his own (like Brady did for multiple seasons).

Then you can look at the division, which has one of the best quarterbacks (Allen) and teams (Buffalo) in the NFL. Then there's the question of how good is Miami really... they've beaten the Patriots 4 games in a row now and they're loaded with talent on offense. Tua's the wildcard for Miami... can he be a legitimate franchise quarterback? The apparent skillset says probably not but his start to this season was terrific... we'll see if he can eventually return from the concussion and continue to play at a pro bowl level. If not then maybe Miami renews their pursuit of Brady in the offseason.

Finally there's the conference which is totally stacked with young elite caliber quarterbacks. And many of those quarterbacks are surrounded by requisite talent. So in summary, the division is likely to be dominated by Buffalo for the next few seasons anyway, the conference is loaded with playoff caliber teams with elite quarterbacks, and the Patriots are not exceptional enough (except for perhaps their running game). Belichick will not be renaming his boat again.
Pretty easy plan to get back to success for Kraft. Fire Bill at the end of the season, appoint BOB as a HC, sign Brady until he is 50 and win 5 more SB.

I got it all figured it out ;)

Since Bowles is mysteriously absent should we wildly speculate that his heart isn’t in this and he’s a distraction for the team?

Perhaps the better question is when have you ever heard of an NFL head coach taking a personal day off DURING the season? These Bucs are precedent-setting groundbreakers, that's for sure.

Scotty Miller is happy today.
I was a fan of Miller and wondered why he had so much drops and misses. Turns out, he doesn't do a lot of those little things well. There are some good analysis out there regarding route running, catching the ball, fighting off DB which shows he's been pretty bad this year.

Last edited:
Pretty easy plan to get back to success for Kraft. Fire Bill at the end of the season, appoint BOB as a HC, sign Brady until he is 50 and win 5 more SB.

I got it all figured it out ;)
Well, we'd do better with Brady than with Belichick, that's for sure....

If Brady has another outstanding season, it could be quite an interesting offseason.
My hope is he stays with the Bucs. He's got a good thing going with Evans and Godwin. Will he play at a big discount again or want market value of around 50 mil? Will he fulfill his dream of playing for 49rs? I don't think any other team would be in the running unless there was a chance of ownership ie Miami.

I was a fan of Miller and wondered why he had so much drops and misses. Turns out, he doesn't do a lot of those little things well. There are some good analysis out there regarding route running, catching the ball, fighting off DB which shows he's been pretty bad this year.

I'm not sure he's ever really gotten over that turf toe injury. I have nothing substantial to base that on, but it seems to fit the timeline of his decline.

If Brady has another outstanding season, it could be quite an interesting offseason.
My hope is he stays with the Bucs. He's got a good thing going with Evans and Godwin. Will he play at a big discount again or want market value of around 50 mil? Will he fulfill his dream of playing for 49rs? I don't think any other team would be in the running unless there was a chance of ownership ie Miami.
I forgot about the 49ers. Imagine Tom and Deebo as a team. Yeow!

If Brady's smart he'll stay in the NFC and have a better shot to get to the SB... again.

If he goes to Miami then it's personal.

Tom + Deebo + Kittle next year...?.

Just book your tickets for Las Vegas on the 2nd Sunday in February if that happens,
As long as some coach doesn't mess up that'd be awesome.

As long as some coach doesn't mess up that'd be awesome.
I don't think the 9ers would bring Fisherchick in, so Brady would be safe from that....

He might want to but I can’t believe he'll be able to play at a high level for more than 1 year. Nobody wants to see a mediocre Brady in 2 or 3 years, most of all the man himself.

I remember this being a talk show conversation in 2013.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back