PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2022 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Your post was idiotic. Bragging about, after it's been shown to have been every bit as bad as we all thought it was, it is even more ridiculous.

It's not even good trolling.
Yeah, I am a bad troller.

Latest NFLPA salary cap numbers have Bucs with $3.94 million in 2022 cap space. That's fifth-lowest out of 32 teams, with only Falcons, Patriots, 49ers and Titans having less. Bucs have 67 players under contract, which is relatively low -- only nine teams have fewer.

As we've said, Bucs have some simple restructures that will create cap space as they need it for future signings and re-signings. But they're fairly tight right now, not even accounting for signing draft picks in a few months.

I continue to believe if Gronk plays anywhere this fall, it's with the Bucs. Last year, he made $8 million and only counted $3 million against the 2021 cap, so team can do a similar deal and make it work, deferring some/much of his cap burden to 2023.

This is a good question: Could the Bucs know Gronk is coming back and he's just taking his time? If they ignore the position in the draft, that would certainly seem the case. They only have two (2!) TEs on roster right now, and they usually carry 5-6 in training camp.

The trick for Bucs is fitting more players under the 2022 cap without making their 2023 situation worse. Presuming a $218 million cap, @Spotrac has Bucs as already $34 million over the cap in 2023 -- only the Saints are worse. That means more restructures and cuts and so on.

Bucs still have many options for restructures/moves to free up cap space. David is in final year of contract, so you'd have to extend. Smith/Evans have only two years left, so you'd want to extend or you're putting a huge cap number on them for 2023.

gobesmug called it

Doing this with no pro golfers is weird.

But like I care I don’t watch this crap.

The old v. the new, and you know that there'll be at least a little bit of trash talk.

I might actually watch a little of it this time.

The old v. the new, and you know that there'll be at least a little bit of trash talk.

I might actually watch a little of it this time.
Brady and Rodgers moneyline. Rodgers is actually really good at the golf game

Very cool lineup for The Match and I'll probably tune in this time. I want to see Josh Allen swing like an animal at it. I know that's probably not actually going to be the case but would be hilarious to see the young QBs get blasted and just try to mash the ball in the hole.

I know I don’t have a lot left, I really do. I know I’m at the end of my career,” Brady said. “I wish you could go forever, but it’s just not and football comes at too high of a cost now. My kids are getting older and it’s just getting harder and harder to miss these things. But, I wanted to give myself and my teammates and our organization another incredible opportunity to accomplish something that we’d all be very proud of.”

Sounds like a farewell tour

Holy crap, look at those prices! Allen probably couldn't afford to dress like that anyway, even with his new contract.

Lol it's super expensive. Apparently cause it's made in USA but still nothing too special about it.

Lol it's super expensive. Apparently cause it's made in USA but still nothing too special about it.

Look! You can get Brady Coins! Is that the same as Bitcoin?

Attachments

• Brady Team Store – BRADY.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 2

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back