PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2022 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

If Bucs try and get Tyrann Matheau, it would most certainly cost more than Whitehead. Who would be better?
Mathieu would be more versatile, but is a declining player. Whitehead would be more likely to be healthy, and is an ascending player.

Video: Todd Bowles talks about how he “thinks the world” of offensive coordinator Byron Leftwich and trusts him wholeheartedly with that side of his football team.

New Bucs coach Todd Bowles on what went wrong with the Jets: "I think I was trying to fix everything. You're putting your finger in the dam, in 50 different holes and you only have 10 fingers. There's still holes to fill and you take that to heart when you can't get it done."

Bucs' Todd Bowles on learning from his Jets years: "As a first-time head coach, you go into it with some measure of invincibility, like 'This team is bad but I can coach them better.' You think that's all there is to it, but there's layers and layers and layers on top of that."

Remember how ex-Bucs running back Ronald Jones' deal with Chiefs was reported as "up to $5 million" for one year? It's just a $1.25 million base salary and $250,000 bonus, per @jason_otc, so $1.5 million, the rest in incentives.

I’m told that co-defensive coordinator Larry Foote is getting a three-year deal and his job title will be “pass game coordinator,” while co-defensive coordinator Kacy Rodgers is also getting a three-year deal and his job title will be “run game coordinator.”

From @SportsCenter...Did a rift with Tom Brady push Bruce Arians out as head coach? If not, why now? Why retire one month before the draft? More on the timing of Arians' departure and the Bucs transitioning over to Todd Bowles as head coach.

Brady showed up to Arians farewell press conference like he was some leading member of the Soviet politburo who successfully maneuvered to depose the First Secretary and is there to savor his victory as the man publicly falls on his sword and resigns in disgrace. It was beautiful.

Brady showed up to Arians farewell press conference like he was some leading member of the Soviet politburo who successfully maneuvered to depose the First Secretary and is there to savor his victory as the man publicly falls on his sword and resigns in disgrace. It was beautiful.
I'd hardly call it resigned in disgrace. Winningest coach in franchise history. Won a SB in his 2nd season. Inducted into their Ring of Honor. Loved by the team and fans. Leaves a legacy of diversity amongst coaching ranks and personnel. Gets a cushy FO job. Dude was the 3rd oldest coach in the NFL (BB & PC). When it's time it's time.

Yeah I don't see the rift..it could just be as simple as a guy wanting to retire lol Not everything is a soap opera.

I'd hardly call it resigned in disgrace. Winningest coach in franchise history. Won a SB in his 2nd season. Inducted into their Ring of Honor. Loved by the team and fans. Leaves a legacy of diversity amongst coaching ranks and personnel. Gets a cushy FO job. Dude was the 3rd oldest coach in the NFL (BB & PC). When it's time it's time.

Yeah I’m just looking at it from Brady’s point of view. He won.

Yeah I don't see the rift..it could just be as simple as a guy wanting to retire lol Not everything is a soap opera.
I think that what's more likely is that Brady was used to BB in NE spending an ungodly amount of time in all aspects of the game incl. game planning. That BA doesn't put anywhere near the amount of time that Bill does. But you have to consider the Pats have the smallest coaching staff in the league. Tampa? The largest.

It's possible that someone asked Tom as part of a post playoff evaluation: what happened, what can we do better, what will it take? And he said, we need to spend more time doing this that or the other. BA was approached and he said "hell no I'm not spending any more time than I do now." BA was a delegator, not a micro manager. When I had bosses, I prefered the delegators.

Thing is w/ Bowles being HC, I just don't see how this helps Tom. Bowles was already in charge of the D. Leftwich & Tom were running the O. What's going to change? Bowles will have more on his plate is the only thing I see. And he probably will continue to spend a lot of time in the building. So what changed?

So to go from something like that to: Tom conspired to get BA canned based on one questionable dude's impregnable source?

I think that what's more likely is that Brady was used to BB in NE spending an ungodly amount of time in all aspects of the game incl. game planning. That BA doesn't put anywhere near the amount of time that Bill does. But you have to consider the Pats have the smallest coaching staff in the league. Tampa? The largest.

It's possible that someone asked Tom as part of a post playoff evaluation: what happened, what can we do better, what will it take? And he said, we need to spend more time doing this that or the other. BA was approached and he said "hell no I'm not spending any more time than I do now." BA was a delegator, not a micro manager. When I had bosses, I prefered the delegators.

Thing is w/ Bowles being HC, I just don't see how this helps Tom. Bowles was already in charge of the D. Leftwich & Tom were running the O. What's going to change? Bowles will have more on his plate is the only thing I see. And he probably will continue to spend a lot of time in the building. So what changed?

So to go from something like that to: Tom conspired to get BA canned based on one questionable dude's impregnable source?

Brady had beef with Arians gets him fired and somehow Arians is cool enough to just go to the front office hahaha

For entertainment?
His on-field performance is what entertained me but I see your point.

Speaking of entertainment, there was an agent many years ago (I think it was baseball) who was saying that athletes would be better off being known as entertainers than athletes. He was spot on with that prediction.

Brady had beef with Arians gets him fired and somehow Arians is cool enough to just go to the front office hahaha
It's amazing how much traction this story is getting. The QB is unhappy with the HC and wants him out. That happens all the time.
What's the big deal even if it's true? Tom has the power that no other QB has had with a work ethic to match. If he thinks the HC isn't as committed as he is then he's doing the best for the T-E-A-M team.
If you're smart (like Glazer) you go with the GOAT QB in this case and if you aren't (like Bob) you go with the HC.

I was told they were in cap hell so how did this happen
Cap hell is obviously a myth. Goody & the 32 use the cap as a way to work the fans.

What do you have to say if Brady doesn't show up?
I say good riddance Bruce. In Tom We Trust.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back