PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2022 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

50 Scouts/GM/Coaches have TB as #4 entering the season

The love for Rodgers never ceases to amaze me though lol

He’s #1 but still surprised to see him come in top 5 in these “lists.” Dude is going to be 45 next month and is still kicking it.

He’s #1 but still surprised to see him come in top 5 in these “lists.” Dude is going to be 45 next month and is still kicking it.

Mahomes without Hill is TBD.

I'm looking forward to Mac showing up on this list. If all goes well it will be a year from now.
Who is Mac throwing to? There's no WR1. The big free agent Devante Parker would be WR4 on the Bucs.

BB has had no success drafting a WR in the top rounds.

BB has never paid WR1 money.
Now that the wide receiver market has doubled in price from the last few years, he definitely won't pay for a WR1 in the future.

All those guys in the top 10 has very good to elite receivers.

I wouldn’t go back to football, no,” he told Mike Reiss of ESPN.

Gronkowski, who has retired and un-retired once before, insisted that now is the right time for him to walk away for good.

“I’m done with football. I love the game, love the game, and definitely blessed with all the opportunities that the game of football has given me,” Gronkowski said. “No. Done with football.”

Rob Gronkowski says he'll stay retired even if Tom Brady asks him to return - ProFootballTalk

IDGI honestly. And I’m disappointed. It made far more sense in 2019 when he was open about feeling physically and emotionally broken by football. But maybe he figures that he’d rather walk away now feeling alright and happy instead of risking ever feeling that badly again.

That stupid freaking Rams game probably lingered with him until well after the season was over. Good hit. It was clean. But it was a HARD hit and damaging and obviously we learned a week later that like half his ribs broke and he had a punctured lung. That might have been the moment he knew he was done after this season. Sigh, he looked great those first two week too.

Last edited:
It's a regular season list.
Come the playoffs, the reordered list would have Brady as #1 and Rodgers at #10.

IDGI honestly. And I’m disappointed. It made far more sense in 2019 when he was open about feeling physically and emotionally broken by football. But maybe he figures that he’d rather walk away now feeling alright and happy instead of risking ever feeling that badly again.

That stupid freaking Rams game probably lingered with him until well after the season was over. Good hit. It was clean. But it was a HARD hit and damaging and obviously we learned a week later that like half his ribs broke and he had a punctured lung. That might have been the moment he knew he was done after this season. Sigh, he looked great those first two week too.
My thoughts exactly. If it wasn't for that hit Gronk might have had a top 3 season and roaring to play in 2022.

The hit was legal but dirty as Gronk didn't see it coming. Injuries happen when you are blindsided.

I agree with 70% chance only after Evans has a dominant season this year.

Ranking the Active NFL Hall of Fame Candidates

Tier 2 – Borderline Hall of Fame Locks
These individuals will almost certainly end up in Canton based on their trajectory, but most are putting the finishing touches on their HOF resumes. Others in this category may take a few years to get in due to stiff competition. Still, we strongly anticipate the members of this group to be giving speeches in Canton before it’s all said and done.

Andy Reid – Head Coach

Calais Campbell – DT

Cameron Jordan – DE

Chris Harris Jr – CB

Fletcher Cox – DT

Jason Kelce – OG

Jimmy Graham – TE

Julio Jones – WR

Justin Tucker – K

Matt Ryan – QB

Matthew Stafford – QB

Mickey Loomis – GM

Mike Evans – WR

Mike Tomlin – Head Coach

Ndamukong Suh – DT

Pete Carroll – Head Coach

Russell Wilson – QB

Trent Williams – OT

Tyrann Mathieu – S

Zack Martin – OG

Rodgers is not top 5.
Out respect for what he’s accomplished, he’s #3. Mahomes is #2 given that he’s already been two Super Bowls and won one. Tom Brady should obviously be #1.

Anyone who would vote for Rodgers over Brady is a moron. That postseason showed once again who they both are. One is the ultimate fighter and the other is gutless.

The only QB who you can argue over Brady right now is Josh Allen.

1. Brady
2. Allen

3. Mahomes
4. Rodgers

5. Herbert
6. Prescott
7. Burrow
8. Wilson
9. Watson
10. Stafford

Anyone who would vote for Rodgers over Brady is a moron. That postseason showed once again who they both are. One is the ultimate fighter and the other is gutless.

1. Brady
2. Allen

3. Mahomes
4. Rodgers

5. Herbert
6. Prescott
7. Burrow
8. Wilson
9. Watson
10. Stafford
Why do you say Allen? Brady owns Buffalo.

1. Brady
2. Allen

3. Mahomes
4. Rodgers

5. Herbert
6. Prescott
7. Burrow
8. Wilson
9. Watson
10. Stafford
Allen has yet to beat Mahomeboy when it matters most. Give me Mahomes

Out respect for what he’s accomplished, he’s #3. Mahomes is #2 given that he’s already been two Super Bowls and won one. Tom Brady should obviously be #1.
I think it's borderline. He's pretty much accomplished nothing in 12 years imo.

You can cite mvps and division championships but he hasn't willed his team to a huge win maybe ever.

Post Brady, Allen has really become elite.

He's got weapons and at only 26, he'll be good for years to come. I wouldn't be surprised if he is the best QB over the next 5 years.
Sure his future is bright but I would not rank him over Brady. Brady had a much better season than him last year.

I can see basically every young elite QB in the league right now breaking through and winning a ring but never managing to win another. Not only do I think that dynasties are dead but multiple championships period might be out the window. The NFL seems to have achieved its dreamt up level of parity.

The return of Tom Brady and a star-studded home schedule has created “unprecedented” demand for Bucs tickets, and the team is leveraging that strong interest to expand stadium capacity and even help 2023 attendance, perhaps post-Brady. More here:

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
Back