PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2022 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Weak at TE, outside of Barrett they only count on JTS to provide the pressure, secondary still a ?.

Besides that they're pretty solid in all other areas I don't think they're top 3 though

Other than health, I don't really see any question about the secondary. I think we know just what it is. It's good, but lacks a top shelf CB.

Same with GreenBay
Yeah. The Niners IMO are the only legit playoff team but Lance is a huge question mark. Has Jimmy gone anywhere yet? I am dying to see where he signs.

They’re top 2 in the NFC which is mostly what matters.
The top 2 NFC teams have been loaded with good players. That resulted in the 2020 Bucs and 2021 Rams winning the SB.

Yeah. I think so in the NFC although Dallas and GB are pretty good. I would also say the Niners too but if Lance is the QB then they are a huge question mark.
It'll be interesting to see GB this year. They're coming out of the NFCN (the Lions and Vikings and Bears, oh my!) so they should be an easy choice for kings of that woeful division.

It'll be interesting to see GB this year. They're coming out of the NFCN (the Lions and Vikings and Bears, oh my!) so they should be an easy choice for kings of that woeful division.

Rodgers has an entirely new receiving corp aside from an old Randall Cobb. Also he’s already been...temperamental.

Rodgers has an entirely new receiving corp aside from an old Randall Cobb. Also he’s already been...temperamental.
Luckily for him and GB fans, all he really has tp do is show up (in spite of the loss of his favorite target).

Why not Mike Evans in the HOF. I did a little studying and I'd say at his current rate, it's less than 50%. Why? the rules that have made it a passing league has resulted in a glut of receivers knocking on the door.

There are guys like Steve Smith, Reggie Wayne, Anquan Bolden, Torry Holt eligible and waiting.

There are guys a few years ahead of him that needs to be considered like Julio and AB.

There are guys around his class he has to beat like Devante Adams, and Hopkins.

There are guys behind him that has had greater accolades like Tyreek and Kupp.

It will be tough.

Evans hasn't had enough dominant seasons.

He has to take Brady's last year as an opportunity to have a dominant year. 1400+ yards and 13+ TD could be enough but ideally it’s 1500 and 15.

I say he needs about 5 more years of 1000 yards plus be an all pro this year to greatly improve his odds.

To many Bucs fans he'll be a HOFer, but in reality he still needs to improve his resume quite a bit.

Why not Mike Evans in the HOF. I did a little studying and I'd say at his current rate, it's less than 50%. Why? the rules that have made it a passing league has resulted in a glut of receivers knocking on the door.

There are guys like Steve Smith, Reggie Wayne, Anquan Bolden, Torry Holt eligible and waiting.

There are guys a few years ahead of him that needs to be considered like Julio and AB.

There are guys around his class he has to beat like Devante Adams, and Hopkins.

There are guys behind him that has had greater accolades like Tyreek and Kupp.

It will be tough.
Nah. If he plays 3 more years and gets 12,500 yds & >100 TDs he's in. If he plays 4, he could be top 20 in yards. There's only 10 players w/ >100 receiving TDs. He needs 25 in 3 years to reach 100. He may get 15 this season alone. I'd give him a 70% chance at this point.

Nah. If he plays 3 more years and gets 12,500 yds & >100 TDs he's in. If he plays 4, he could be top 20 in yards. There's only 10 players w/ >100 receiving TDs. He needs 25 in 3 years to reach 100. He may get 15 this season alone. I'd give him a 70% chance at this point.
I agree with 70% chance only after Evans has a dominant season this year.

The other stats such as 12500 yards and 100TD are huge now, but will not be as special in the future as most teams now have a dime a dozen star receiver(Pats being one of a few teams without one).

You just have to look at QBs, where the all time stats are now being infiltrated by second tier star QBs such as Eli Manning, Carr, Wilson, Stafford. The all time greats are being pushed further and further down. Guys like Montana and Kelly are nowhere to be seen now.

50 Scouts/GM/Coaches have TB as #4 entering the season

The love for Rodgers never ceases to amaze me though lol

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back